A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

I was just wondering if the Adams radial tank would be passing back through Brent on the return leg of its railtour- I’m sure they are missing it in Dorset.

post-9751-0-15012200-1507237926.jpg

Devon and Cornwall police say they are increasingly confident of tracking down the whereabouts of the missing Adams Radial Tank following the discovery of an important track side clue near Tigley this morning.

"We suspect a Dutch smuggling ring with an accomplice in the Coventry area are responsible for the abrupt disappearance of the Radial Tank and other much loved locomotives and rolling stock from ANTB.............."

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifadams tank.jpg

Devon and Cornwall police say they are increasingly confident of tracking down the whereabouts of the missing Adams Radial Tank following the discovery of an important track side clue near Tigley this morning.

"We suspect a Dutch smuggling ring with an accomplice in the Coventry area to be responsible for the abrupt disappearance of the Radial Tank and other much loved locomotives and rolling stock from ANTB.............."

Harwich for the continent, etc.

• RMweb Gold

How about a proper King..?......An Arfer.....A real Western engine......Painted green wiv nar bits of copper an' brass tinsel stuck on........

Rob.

post-14122-0-63194200-1507262505.jpeg

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifadams tank.jpg

"We suspect a Dutch smuggling ring with an accomplice in the Coventry area are responsible for the abrupt disappearance of the Radial Tank and other much loved locomotives and rolling stock from ANTB.............."

I’m glad to see the Adams radial again, though I’m suspicious. Isn’t that trackside sign one that was erected a few years earlier to fool the Luftwaffe?

In any event it won’t have enough coal to get to Holland without about 60 stops so someone must have noticed the theft.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gif adams tank.jpg

I’m glad to see the Adams radial again, though I’m suspicious. Isn’t that trackside sign one that was erected a few years earlier to fool the Luftwaffe?

In any event it won’t have enough coal to get to Holland without about 60 stops so someone must have noticed the theft.

No, it went back to the seller after failing shortly after that photo of mine  was taken. No replacement has been sourced yet.

How about a proper King..?......

Soon.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

How about a proper King..?......An Arfer.....A real Western engine......Painted green wiv nar bits of copper an' brass tinsel stuck on........

Rob.

Robs still waiting for his Hattons one he's become addicted to the recessed number plates.  :boast:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Robs still waiting for his Hattons one he's become addicted to the recessed number plates.  :boast:

I'm reliably informed mine doesn't look like this anymore. :read: 

post-126-0-81961700-1507303152_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-61005100-1507303168_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Has heard a rumour the GWR Cobbler will be calling in on Brent in the next few weeks....

Lo siento, no entiendo, señor.

you need a flambouyance of these mate...

attachicon.gifA Flambouyance of Maunsell Rebuilds.jpg

in particular these bad boys (?).

attachicon.gifFlam BCK.jpg attachicon.gifFlam BTK.jpg

As I only run goods-only layouts these days, I've lost track of what all these new coaches are.

• RMweb Premium

Lo siento, no entiendo, señor.

As I only run goods-only layouts these days, I've lost track of what all these new coaches are.

Them's for seaside trips behind a LSWR Radiator. Courtesy of Mr Maunsell.