A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

I do like a blue king

I thought he was usually quite cheerful.

Mind you, he did say that his baby left him and he had to move to some hotel at the end of a lonely street.

I think what really did it was when some clumsy g*t stepped on his blue suede shoes.

Edited by Captain Kernow

• RMweb Gold

I've been told in the past that I need one of these, I don't think they would get up the banks but it looks a nice enough model from Locomotion.

post-126-0-55774100-1507370163.jpg

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/126903-new-to-the-ncim-from-Hornby-q1-noc1/

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I've been told in the past that I need one of these, I don't think they would get up the banks but it looks a nice enough model from Locomotion.

attachicon.gifNRM Q1.jpg

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/126903-new-to-the-ncim-from-Hornby-q1-noc1/

Yes Rob, you need one. However it would get up the banks with ease but coming down the other side would be exciting as the brakes were a bit weird and also the reverser was a challenge and quite often just refused to work. Personally I like the twin cannons below the smokebox; used for destroying reluctant wagons.

C. Rackerloco.

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifNRM Q1.jpg

“I’d love a Babyspam “

• RMweb Gold

Never been but I have been to Bognor Regis and Eastbourne.

Add white stilettos to Bognor and you have clacton.

My parents once took me to Butlins at Clacton. There was a fire and a stabbing and we were only there a week.

• RMweb Premium

“I’d love a Babyspam “

Talking of Babyspams, been down *Shepton Mallet today.

*Known locally as "Sh1t & Smellit"... believe me they're not wrong!

Saw this giant at the Bath & West Showground too.

post-1328-0-45624000-1507394193_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tim Dubya
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to Graham Muz I was able to get some shots of the forthcoming ... gate stock for you all.

Thanks for these Rob.

I needs one of them in the BR(S) Green, might have to start a crowd funding page.

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Premium

I need a P !

One has got to have a P, if one needs a P.

(I won't tell the Mrs I've pre-ordered a P just in case she thinks I'm 'back on the tablets' ;) )

Edited by Tim Dubya