A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Can someone please oblige me by recommending I leave work now, go home, open a nice bottle of real ale (not the over-hyped craft stuff), put my feet up and/or do some work on the layout.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Can someone please oblige me by recommending I leave work now, go home, open a nice bottle of real ale (not the over-hyped craft stuff), put my feet up and/or do some work on the layout.

How far is it exactly, from the Inmate Workshops to the actual Step?

One can't be too careful when issuing Recommendations.

• RMweb Gold

You're not on sick leave now then. In that case you have my permission but if in doubt ask the management.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

TIZER.  :prankster:

• RMweb Gold

Newly released Chris and perfect for your recent pannier purchase.

https://www.modelu3d.co.uk/product/0224-m/

https://www.modelu3d.co.uk/product/0220-m/

post-126-0-76146700-1520353852.jpg

post-126-0-49474300-1520353976.jpg

post-126-0-27517400-1520357202_thumb.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 9

Alert there dear Sweety. I was just perusing (again) the article in last Nov's Model Rail and enjoying yet agin the most admiarable modelling when i remembered* something. yes, I actually did. 

That dear old bean CK has just furnised me with some loverly coaches and they be 'andsome.

One be a Siphon in BR Maroon and what I remember I am sure is that one can enhance such a vehicle with new boogies; American ones or something weird? If so, can you or any other sweetey provide links to that task or give me some clues as to what I must do ASAP?

Muchly thanking all of you for your remarkable tolerance and patience.

Duckness

Oh, that dear man. What japes he provided.

I.Ball

What type of Siphon, inside frames or outside frames?  The answer will determine what type of bogies you will need.

Apologies for trying to be sensible

Chris

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

What type of Siphon, inside frames or outside frames?  The answer will determine what type of bogies you will need.

Apologies for trying to be sensible

Chris

I think he was on about the old Lima bodied inside framed type.

Actually, I do believe that what I sent him was a Mainline one with the external wooden framework.

If that is the case a pair of American bogies would not go amiss but they rode on several different types.

Chris

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

One be a Siphon in BR Maroon and what I remember I am sure is that one can enhance such a vehicle with new boogies; American ones or something weird? If so, can you or any other sweetey provide links to that task or give me some clues as to what I must do ASAP?

The same as wot I did to my Lima SIPHONs - you've seen the piccy-tures.

Page 10, Post 231

Linkyhyperthingy is in blue down there VVVVVVVVV

Edited by M.I.B
  • Like 1

Sadly nothing new there, again !

If it takes us another hour or more to get our pint of whatever we seem to put up with it in this sometimes forgotten part of the world !

A.Yokel