A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Just seen the full size Rails pic for the first time - apart from handrail and number as pointed out by Robin - is the front buffer beam pointing a little towards the sky or is it my screen/eyes?

• RMweb Gold

Just seen the full size Rails pic for the first time - apart from handrail and number as pointed out by Robin - is the front buffer beam pointing a little towards the sky or is it my screen/eyes?

I thought the same about the buffer beam.

• RMweb Gold

It could be the tapered buffer shanks throwing things out of whack visually, but then again it could be.

• RMweb Gold

It could be the tapered buffer shanks throwing things out of whack visually, but then again it could be.

I think that that front footplate is bent upwards slightly. A bit of an occupational hazard with such designs, I would have thought. I think I recall some of the Hornby 2-8-0Ts and 2-8-2Ts having the same problem.

On  a more positive note I've just noticed these coming soon from Minerva. Would I justify one on a Cornish odyssey....

attachicon.gifGPV-BR-white-3Q.jpg

Don't let that wagon go anywhere near the Cornish Nationalists, if it's loaded!

• RMweb Gold

I think that that front footplate is bent upwards slightly. A bit of an occupational hazard with such designs, I would have thought. I think I recall some of the Hornby 2-8-0Ts and 2-8-2Ts having the same problem.

They didn't always look straight in service either - judging from all the photo's I've seen.

post-126-0-90317600-1522331623_thumb.jpg

I am probably gonna get thrown out into the yard where THE step is situated but its one locomotive I don't really fancy to be honest. There I've said it and no returns !  ( even if I am playing with the Big boys trains now ).

I do have 3 of the 28xx Hornybee ones and they seem to look just right to my eyes, dunno why, they just do and have proved to work very well over the years that I've owned them.

Looking at the above, albeit for a release piccy, that handrail on the side of the smokebox looks wrong, bit of a Cresta Run going on there, and the cab number plate doesn't seem to be the correct size either.

I hope that I haven't rained on anyones parade !

Barbara Strandwire

post-126-0-90317600-1522331623_thumb.jpg

Looking at the above, albeit for a release piccy, that handrail on the side of the smokebox looks wrong, bit of a Cresta Run going on there, and the cab number plate doesn't seem to be the correct size either.

I hope that I haven't rained on anyones parade !

Barbara Strandwire

If you look closely the front handrail "knob" has come adrift of  it's "hole"..........

Is David calling BGbloke a knobhole?

Where's the Mods?

OY ! .....mind you ? 

Brighton I expect with the other this Easter, on their Vespa's !

Sting

• RMweb Premium

I stll have not found any pics of 47XX being diverteretated through SJ. Good job really as my P has cost me a few pennies. I really need treatment for this loco obsession. Anyone want to see my P?

Andy Sample.

• Like 1

I stll have not found any pics of 47XX being diverteretated through SJ. Good job really as my P has cost me a few pennies. I really need treatment for this loco obsession. Anyone want to see my P?

Andy Sample.

I've seen the Manneken in Brussels thank you that was quite enough  !

Mayo Pomme Fritz

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Andy Sample.

Go on then...

• RMweb Gold

Fabulous repaint! What was the plastic surgery?

Andy.

A nose job for starters..

post-7000-0-60914500-1522357880.jpg

Smoke number plate, shed code plate and part molded smoke box door handle removed for starters - smoke box door re-profiled and new door handles fitted.

..and replacing the cabside straight handrails, with the L shaped ones.

• Like 6