A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

A nose job for starters..

attachicon.gifTrevorHall_inWorks_05.jpg

Smoke number plate, shed code plate and part molded smoke box door handle removed for starters - smoke box door re-profiled and new door handles fitted.

..and replacing the cabside straight handrails, with the L shaped ones.

Shade of green looks decidedly off to me.

• RMweb Gold

I stll have not found any pics of 47XX being diverteretated through SJ. Good job really as my P has cost me a few pennies. I really need treatment for this loco obsession. Anyone want to see my P?

Andy Sample.

Just as well as the were not permitted over any route which could have got them onto that bit of railway, not even between Exeter GWR at bottom of the hill and Exeter SR at the top of the hill let alone as far as exmuff junction.  The nearest they could get was Basingstoke (but no further weston the Suffern, Westbury but not allowed between there and Sailsbury, and Castle Canary but not allowed between there and Yeovil.

Accordingly I have just saved you a considerable sum of money so you could have another P or even buy a proper engine.

• Like 3

Just as well as the were not permitted over any route which could have got them onto that bit of railway, not even between Exeter GWR at bottom of the hill and Exeter SR at the top of the hill let alone as far as exmuff junction.  

Well, there were apparently exceptions...

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/92905-Heljan-gwr-47xx-night-owl/?p=1674314

Edited by mdvle
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Just as well as the were not permitted over any route which could have got them onto that bit of railway, not even between Exeter GWR at bottom of the hill and Exeter SR at the top of the hill let alone as far as exmuff junction.  The nearest they could get was Basingstoke (but no further weston the Suffern, Westbury but not allowed between there and Sailsbury, and Castle Canary but not allowed between there and Yeovil.

Accordingly I have just saved you a considerable sum of money so you could have another P or even buy a proper engine.

There is the apocryphal tale of the station foreman at Liverpool Street in the late 1940s who rang Control:

"I thought 8-coupled engines were barred from Liverpool Street."

"That's right, why?"

"One's just arrived."

"All right, we'll get rid of it."

"By the way, I thought all loco numbers had five figures now."

"Yes, that's right."

"Well, this one's got a bl00dy great brass plate on the side with 4704 on it."

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Where's the Mods?

At the seaside on their scooters innit coz its a Bank ' Oliday Mate.

We are the Mods, We are the mods, We are the Mods.........

Who said Leslie Ash....? 

(Just noticed that a few like minded souls said similar earlier - forgive me: I am a few time zones out of  kilter to most of you)

Edited by M.I.B
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Who said Leslie Ash....? 

(Just noticed that a few like minded souls said similar earlier - forgive me: I am a few time zones out of  kilter to most of you)

One way or another, I would be very surprised if anyone on RMweb is in the same time zone as you (cue for hundreds of posts proving me wrong...).

• RMweb Gold

Who said Leslie Ash....? 

I think we have a rough idea about your peripatetic employment. I think you are forgiven.

• RMweb Gold

Time for a distraction from all this 47xx tom-foolery...

Some radical plastic surgery and identity change on a Bachmann Saint Edmund Hall..

attachicon.gifTrevorHall_inWorks_03.jpg

Too clean but I need one.I wonder if CK would let me use his loanee ! Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

One way or another, I would be very surprised if anyone on RMweb is in the same time zone as you (cue for hundreds of posts proving me wrong...).

Ali Ackhbar from the corner fruit stand says he is building Baghdad Junction in HO.....................

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Just seen that at Bishops L and it was very, very wet.

P

Another reason why there's been no Good Friday shoot from me. It's rather moist out there. :O 

• RMweb Gold

The black hall would of course look a lot better with no lining and G W  on the tender however...

I'm sure the Capt. Won't notice when he gets it back...

That's now the plan so here she is before refurbishment.

post-126-0-15875800-1522440668.jpg

post-126-0-11330900-1522441309.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 19

• RMweb Gold

I said, I would be renaming her last... I lied  :triniti:  :triniti:

post-7000-0-88456900-1522442003_thumb.jpg

This was done in the quiet moments in between weathering a certain Hall, a couple of TOAD's and a LMS CCT ;)

Still have the other nameplate and buffer beam numbers to do. 

• Like 16