A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

The WSR was really busy at the weekend, but today and right now it is empty of life.

You'll be pleased to know that most of this afternoons steam services were about on time, the return DMU got to Blue Anchor a few late. Then sat for another 30 minutes

before disappearing East. It then maintained a 40 minutes late schedule all the way.

See thats even more time wasted e-spotting! Mind you it is warmer and more comfortable than the old station platforms I recall.

G Man,

Are the wheels round on the Minerva wagons? Those on the Lionheart 16t wagons impart a definite wobble to proceedings. I was going to replace them but they seem to be a non-standard axle length.

Deffo, yep, certainly, definitely, absolutely, couldn't be rounder my old fruit ! Not a wobble in sight.  :declare:

Unlike that step you've occupied, you know, the one with a bowed middle where its been worn out !

Dec Chair

• RMweb Premium

Spams wasn't the only culprit... :smoke:

post-13158-0-74846400-1522167618_thumb.j

I need to adjust to contrast on my monitor - it all seems a little too bright.....................

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Recently I was in the Duchy of Cornwall and found Pendennis Castle!

post-7584-0-79664500-1522188478_thumb.jpg

Along with The Tinners Arms at Zennor (Recommended!!) 

post-7584-0-55763600-1522188506_thumb.jpg

As well as superb pasties from Philps in Hayle...

post-7584-0-45153100-1522188520_thumb.jpg

And a productive visit to Cambourne and KMRC..

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

post-7584-0-45153100-1522188520_thumb.jp

I wish we had a postal service out here................not even DHL.........

Wouldn't get through our Quarantine unfortunately.

Edited by St Enodoc

Just back from the PANNIER Market !

A new arrival this morning..... 

post-20303-0-39407800-1522229694_thumb.jpg

post-20303-0-63729400-1522229706_thumb.jpg

post-20303-0-03174700-1522229671_thumb.jpg

Well, you can't have enough !!!

post-20303-0-40287400-1522229682_thumb.jpg

The new Dapol 57xx will be run in today, and having run it along my piece of track its as sweet as the proverbial out of the box, complete with a very nice glow from the firebox.

Mr.Happy 

( with apologies to Mr.Klein, both are superb locos ! )

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifIMG_4192.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_4191.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_4194.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_4195.jpg

The new Dapol 57xx will be run in today, and having run it along my piece of track its as sweet as the proverbial out of the box, complete with a very nice glow from the firebox.

Mr.Happy 

So what is the collective noun for panniers? A basket?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Spams wasn't the only culprit... :smoke:

attachicon.gifpost-126-0-70881500-1504025116.jpg

Are we expecting the Up Postal?  (shouldn't that engine be red?)

Wouldn't get through our Quarantine unfortunately.

I had enough trouble with packed (by the factory) Eccles Cakes.  I finished up with four of those amazingly friendly (!!) Sydney airport guardians of Australian cultural purity discussing whether or not Eccles Cakes should be allowed into the country but eventually they couldn't work out a reason to confiscate them so I duly imported them.

A plentitude.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

The WSR was really busy at the weekend, but today and right now it is empty of life.

Quite by chance I watched the 94xx leave BL this morning. It wasn’t on the timetable - it left by road for the SVR! There was not as much detail to be seen as on the recently displayed Dapol 57xx!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifIMG_4192.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_4191.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_4194.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_4195.jpg

Mr.Happy 

Will be interesting to see how the running, reliability and fragility of the two manufacturers models compares over the next year. You should do one of those regular 'long term test' peices that the motoring mags like so much.

Will be interesting to see how the running, reliability and fragility of the two manufacturers models compares over the next year. You should do one of those regular 'long term test' peices that the motoring mags like so much.

In many ways I'd agree with you mate, I have already been asked to comment / compare this with the Minerva Pannier and I've gracefully declined to do so.

Reason being ( other than all the C@rp we seem to get - yes I am VERY THICK SKINNED ) but I can't be ar$ed with the to and fro with some of the villagers. At least here amongst the gang I can be pretty certain of some level headed ?  banter about stuff.

As with many locos be it 4 or 7mm being produced I think that we must be aware of some of the "flimsy" parts when handling them.

Overall for now I'm happy with the purchase.

It still doesn't solve they stretcher bars though !!!  :jester:

Cheers

G

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

In many ways I'd agree with you mate, I have already been asked to comment / compare this with the Minerva Pannier and I've gracefully declined to do so.

Reason being ( other than all the C@rp we seem to get - yes I am VERY THICK SKINNED ) but I can't be ar$ed with the to and fro with some of the villagers. At least here amongst the gang I can be pretty certain of some level headed ? banter about stuff.

As with many locos be it 4 or 7mm being produced I think that we must be aware of some of the "flimsy" parts when handling them.

Overall for now I'm happy with the purchase.

It still doesn't solve they stretcher bars though !!! :jester:

Cheers

G

Stretcher bars...

post-6675-0-25979000-1522239626_thumb.jpg

(had enough yet?)

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

A loveliness of Panniers, that's what it is.

Graham's quite right, you can never have enough of them, provided you don't exceed the actual number that actually existed, which I think was 862 for the 57XX/8750 variety.

So do you think that the Minerva has the edge on the Dapol one, Grahame, or perhaps the other way round?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Oh, I have been very rude, then, asking you to compare, having not read your post made at 1317 hrs this afternoon.

I most 'umbly regret my actions, so I do there, Guv'nor, that's truth and you've got me bang to rights an' no mistake.

I have decided to draw the line at a Dapol 57XX, although the 74XX has been on order for a long time and I've always thought it was going to be the 'Jewel in the Crown' of my 7mm items, and so far I think I'm right.

Are the Lionheart/Dapol 16t mineral wagons out yet, by the way?

A loveliness of Panniers, that's what it is.

Graham's quite right, you can never have enough of them, provided you don't exceed the actual number that actually existed, which I think was 862 for the 57XX/8750 variety.

So do you think that the Minerva has the edge on the Dapol one, Grahame, or perhaps the other way round?

Thanks Tim,

To be honest, I haven't had sufficient time to analyse the Dapol with any sense of purpose yet ( I've only had her for a couple of hours so too early really ) ( and you lot be careful with comments about the last bracketed sentence ! ).

I will let you fellas know in good time if you want me to ?

G

• Like 3

Oh, I have been very rude, then, asking you to compare, having not read your post made at 1317 hrs this afternoon.

I most 'umbly regret my actions, so I do there, Guv'nor, that's truth and you've got me bang to rights an' no mistake.

I have decided to draw the line at a Dapol 57XX, although the 74XX has been on order for a long time and I've always thought it was going to be the 'Jewel in the Crown' of my 7mm items, and so far I think I'm right.

Are the Lionheart/Dapol 16t mineral wagons out yet, by the way?

Dinna wurry me old fruit pie, I'm happy to do stuff here ( where its safe  :O ) thats if Rob doesn't mind ?

I hope you'll be happy with the 74xx, tis a nice loco and thats the thing eh !

As for the waggins, I don't know but a call to the likes of Tower Models could clarify that for you.

Cheers

G

• Like 2

Are those the Ambis one's?

I've got a fret of the 4mm ones somewhere... actually in a big box so I can find them again (not that I want too as I don't have that much patience).

Nope theys not Hambiz theyz anover make and I can't get my sweaty hands on any at the moment !  

You might be getting' some patients if this carries on !!!  :jester:

D.Isgruntalled