A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/64295-wright-writes/page-834

Back in December I shewed an interest in buying the shed from a widows estate being organised by Tony Wright. Well with one thing and another it's taken till today to get it to Tigley. It was built by Geoff Taylor. Only some minor surgery to my scenic's to get it to fit and will bed in nicely in the next few days. Mainly around the little hut and right hand edge needs attending. The tree will still be there afterwards.

attachicon.gifDSCN3098 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN3100 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN3101 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN3102 (2).JPG

Rob,

I'm pleased the loco shed fits in so well. Geoff Taylor's scratch-building skills are justifiably acknowledged, and, having spoken to the widow yesterday, she's delighted it's found a new home.

I've still got some other GWR Geoff Taylor-built buildings from the estate for sale, including a goods shed and station building. If anyone is interested, please look at the Wright Writes page mentioned in Robin's earlier post and send me a PM. 

Regards,

Tony. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Sherry and I are plotting attendance on the Sunday. Be very afraid. 

I bet you will be the only grumpy old buqqer there none of us are going now.  :sarcastic:  

• RMweb Gold

SWMBO doesn't need to know does she. On a serious note click to enlarge that photo to see the roof vent louvres in close up, magnificent modelling. Rather like the purchase of my signals the price will soon be forgotten.

• RMweb Gold

The lovely shed seems to have put its roots down already. You might need to advise the driver to keep his elbows in while entering the shed- it looks as though there is prototypical clearance!

Edited by Limpley Stoker

Hi All,

The Elite No. 4079 Spanner Turning, Tour Guiding & Model Making Squadron will be at Railex on Sunday as well - looks like quite a meet up!

See you all there!

All the best,

Castle

Edited by Castle
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Operation Cornwall - Xpress publications? Book Law have it on special offer at the moment.

attachicon.gifrps20180420_073128.jpg

attachicon.gifrps20180420_073054.jpg

XLNT info re trains (and some formation informatgion) bound for and coming from the Midlands and those other places somewhere north of Brumingham. 

Good read.

Phil

• RMweb Gold

I must admit if I could get my layout looking half has good as yours I'd be a happy bunny, still my mojo is all systems go at the moment must be getting the Beast to work

so lets see what becomes of this year.

It looks like I need three new Manor chimneys it's fatal coming on this forum or reading a railway book.

A little bit pee'd off today a Castle is missing a name plate and had to order a new set from Jim PAH. 

Rob are you doing Drews Didcot tour or the Wycrail show ?.

New plates arrived today I hope none of these fall off, not a bad turn around for Jim these days.

• RMweb Gold

A busy scene this evening at Tigley shed.

attachicon.gifDSCN3117 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN3118 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN3121 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN3123 (2).JPG

At least you didn't have any unplanned smoke effects on you layout today - unlike on mine  ;)

In the meantime something LMS designed and Swindon built, sits in the shade on a balmy April afternoon..

post-7000-0-24363900-1524246452_thumb.jpg

• Like 13