A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Shame about Glen I see he has closed his business as per M.C.s website, I was hoping he could have done several of my Kings & Castles.   :umbrage:

Edited by 81C

• RMweb Gold

• RMweb Gold

Shame about Glen I see he has closed his business as per M.C.s website, I was hoping he could have done several of my Kings & Castles.   :umbrage:

Did someone mention Kings & Castles - I do know someone who can help ;)

Edited by toboldlygo
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Did someone mention Kings & Castles - I do know someone who can help ;)

No doubt a dirty rascal........

• RMweb Gold

No doubt a dirty rascal........

Someone went to Glenn for advice - along with the other founding members of the MiM* and got drawn to the dirty side  :jester:

*One of whom is usually found on the ANTB naughty step, the other applies thumbscrews to the manufacturers ;)

• RMweb Gold

Someone went to Glenn for advice - along with the other founding members of the MiM* and got drawn to the dirty side  :jester:

*One of whom is usually found on the ANTB naughty step, the other applies thumbscrews to the manufacturers ;)

Just a coincidence but they're all friends of mine.

Well, thanks for the positive comments chaps (the cheques are in the post). Reports of my demise are slightly exaggerated.

I still like to dip into the madness of ANTB now and again, it helps keep me (in)sane!

I had to shut Mattingley Custom down as I have too many other things going on currently. I still have commissions outstanding from last year; ask Rob, he's one of my victims! On top of that I started a new job in January and that has been full-on (I've had to learn things!) and I am trying to get the house(bombsite?) up together in order to sell up and move on, although there is little sign of progress yet.

Once I am moved in and settled down, my intention is to take on commissions again. However, exactly when that will be, I don't know.

Glenn

Here's a pic I took of 34101 with 34029 in the background last September, the wind fairly took your breath away, but it was a great day to visit North Devon.

post-7466-0-16675500-1524591608_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Well, thanks for the positive comments chaps (the cheques are in the post). Reports of my demise are slightly exaggerated.

I still like to dip into the madness of ANTB now and again, it helps keep me (in)sane!

I had to shut Mattingley Custom down as I have too many other things going on currently. I still have commissions outstanding from last year; ask Rob, he's one of my victims! On top of that I started a new job in January and that has been full-on (I've had to learn things!) and I am trying to get the house(bombsite?) up together in order to sell up and move on, although there is little sign of progress yet.

Once I am moved in and settled down, my intention is to take on commissions again. However, exactly when that will be, I don't know.

Glenn

Here's a pic I took of 34101 with 34029 in the background last September, the wind fairly took your breath away, but it was a great day to visit North Devon.

attachicon.gif20170911_150729.jpg

My lord, bad weather is on the way then, judging how dim 34029 is  :jester:  :jester:

Whilst I naturally agree with you Brian I was asked by a certain Mr.Rice to exhibit at Newton Abbot many years ago with my Broad Gauge layout, a fictitious one by the named Avonside.

The main line was on a large embankment which lead down to a harbour area and which had quite a lot of vegetation and many types of scratchbuilt trees.

Mid afternoon on the second day I was discussing the methods used to make the trees with an interested chap when a " local lady " accompanied by two young boys stopped to look. One of the boys showed a great interest when his mother said in a loud voice " Come on you've seen enough of that one, and anyway its far too green and I don't like it".

Those around me and close to the layout just stood in amazement, so natural greenery doesn't seem to suit all !

Yours

N. Otbotvverd

A BG layout would probably have even more room for more trees!

Brian

• RMweb Premium

A BG layout would probably have even more room for more trees!

Brian

A Branch layout could be part of a tree.............................trrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeee! (remember that?)

Hearty Oaks

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Glenn

attachicon.gif20170911_150729.jpg

Oh I'm glad to hear that Glenn. All the best in the meantime. By the time my layout is anywhere near finished  and needing seriously good looking loco's in suitable condition, you may well be retired.

Phink

• Like 1

Right then, rather than ask a general question of the normal parishioners ( and get into debate, I know better, no its not etc ....you know what I mean ) I would like to ask if any of you ANTB gentlemen or ladies know of any photographs / diagrams showing a front elevation (drawbar view ) or underside of a Dean 2000 gal tender ?

I am currently building one and although the instructions and a drawing of one are helpful as supplied with the kit there are certain areas which need clarifying.

I have searched my books to no avail and any photographic details seem to be evasive, and even asking the supplier/manufacturer hasn't turned up anything satisfactory.

Although a well tank etch and water scoop castings are included in the kit there is a line within the assembly instructions which states " There is no pickup scoop fitted to the 2000 gal tender " and I feel that may well be correct but have no evidence to say otherwise.

Any help from the ANTB groupies would be most welcome please.

S.Cratchyhead

Edited by bgman

Dear Mr S. Cratchyhead,

Send an email to Didcot asking your question be forwarded to the drawings manager and he MIGHT have one in the 100,000 sheets of paper, linen and other media he has under his control. Not for definite, but worth asking. He’s a good bloke and also looks after a Pannier tank, which as we all know, never offends...

All the best,

Castle

• Like 1

Dear Mr S. Cratchyhead,

Send an email to Didcot asking your question be forwarded to the drawings manager and he MIGHT have one in the 100,000 sheets of paper, linen and other media he has under his control. Not for definite, but worth asking. He’s a good bloke and also looks after a Pannier tank, which as we all know, never offends...

All the best,

Castle

Didn't consider doing that, excellent suggestion thank you very much.

Grahame

• RMweb Premium

No wonder Alan (westerner) decided to close the Wencombe and Kingsbridge line.

• Like 1

The Tender drawings register shows a "details of scoop" drawing for lot A34 and other later batches of 2,000 gallon tender. As ever the devil is in the detail, and there were differences between the various lots, and more changes during the course of their lives.

• RMweb Gold

Whilst I naturally agree with you Brian I was asked by a certain Mr.Rice to exhibit at Newton Abbot many years ago with my Broad Gauge layout, a fictitious one by the named Avonside.

The main line was on a large embankment which lead down to a harbour area and which had quite a lot of vegetation and many types of scratchbuilt trees.

Mid afternoon on the second day I was discussing the methods used to make the trees with an interested chap when a " local lady " accompanied by two young boys stopped to look. One of the boys showed a great interest when his mother said in a loud voice " Come on you've seen enough of that one, and anyway its far too green and I don't like it".

Those around me and close to the layout just stood in amazement, so natural greenery doesn't seem to suit all !

Yours

N. Otbotvverd

No doubt talking about the Bristol & Exeter locomotive.....

The Tender drawings register shows a "details of scoop" drawing for lot A34 and other later batches of 2,000 gallon tender. As ever the devil is in the detail, and there were differences between the various lots, and more changes during the course of their lives.

Thank you Jim, yes it can be a real minefield and looking at Jim Russell Vol 1 the GA's are only indicative. 

No doubt talking about the Bristol & Exeter locomotive.....

Sorry Mr. TPH you doubt incorrectly I'm afraid, it will be going behind a 7mm Dean Goods which is currently on my workbench. 

Thank you both for your responses, much appreciated.

Grahame