A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Right then, rather than ask a general question of the normal parishioners ( and get into debate, I know better, no its not etc ....you know what I mean ) I would like to ask if any of you ANTB gentlemen or ladies know of any photographs / diagrams showing a front elevation (drawbar view ) or underside of a Dean 2000 gal tender ?

Got a bit more time now. I've got a copy of the tender drawings register which in theory shows the drawings used to construct the tender. There are caveats, most significantly that I suspect the current register to have been put together near the beginning of the 20thC, and so some drawings listed for earlier tenders will presumably be those used to maintain the tenders rather than construct. The register lists most of the same drawings for all 4 lots (A24, A25, A27, A34, including GA 11842 as published in Russell. The register shows a different frame plate drawing for lot A24, and a different erecting plan for A34, different wheels for A34, steel or iron, not Mansell and some other minor variations, but very much the same. I'd be pretty confident in the GA earlier on (wheels being considered carefully), less so towards the end of their lives I think, since its clear the grandfather's axe principle applied to GWR tenders.

Got a bit more time now. I've got a copy of the tender drawings register which in theory shows the drawings used to construct the tender. There are caveats, most significantly that I suspect the current register to have been put together near the beginning of the 20thC, and so some drawings listed for earlier tenders will presumably be those used to maintain the tenders rather than construct. The register lists most of the same drawings for all 4 lots (A24, A25, A27, A34, including GA 11842 as published in Russell. The register shows a different frame plate drawing for lot A24, and a different erecting plan for A34, different wheels for A34, steel or iron, not Mansell and some other minor variations, but very much the same. I'd be pretty confident in the GA earlier on (wheels being considered carefully), less so towards the end of their lives I think, since its clear the grandfather's axe principle applied to GWR tenders.

Hi Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to look at this. It's quite a minefield once you start to try and get some small details correct ( as I'm sure most of us know ).

What started out as a relatively minor quest has now revealed more about the Dean 2000 gall tender to me.

I have found your details here http://www.gwr.org.uk/no-tenders.html to be fascinating but sent me off looking at other aspects !

I hope that Rob doesn't mind this being talked about here ?

Grahame

p.s. This is the current state of play with my model which needs more work to both the tender and loco.

post-20303-0-10133300-1524678910_thumb.jpeg

post-20303-0-83012200-1524678931_thumb.jpeg

Edited by bgman
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to look at this. It's quite a minefield once you start to try and get some small details correct ( as I'm sure most of us know ).

What started out as a relatively minor quest has now revealed more about the Dean 2000 gall tender to me.

I have found your details here http://www.gwr.org.uk/no-tenders.html to be fascinating but sent me off looking at other aspects !

Grahame

p.s. This is the current state of play with my model which needs more work to both the tender and loco.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

By gad sir, that is one fine looking thing. Brautifully made (so far). That dome reminds me of something I once glanced at as I passed a den of ill repute (not Laira)

Sir Bee Oosem 

Hi Jim,

Grahame

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

By gad sir, that is one fine looking thing. Brautifully made (so far). That dome reminds me of something I once glanced at as I passed a den of ill repute (not Laira)

Sir Bee Oosem