A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

An interesting academic discussion above on green and black.....bit like the chocolate really. Thing is gents,the difference would only have been noticeable for a day or so after running in ex works as all would be enveloped in a topcoat of grime in any case.

Unless of course bulled up for a visit by Canon Treacy.....

James would have been in his element

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Rob where did you plant the tree/s you purchased Sunday or are you waiting for Royality to turn the sod. :mosking:

My children have commandeered them to wrap up for Father's Day so I'll have to wait a couple of weeks. They are rather nice and I think young spams will approve.

Monty Don.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

My children have commandeered them to wrap up for Father's Day so I'll have to wait a couple of weeks. They are rather nice and I think young spams will approve.

Monty Don.

Hope you bought enough...

• RMweb Gold

Like they say before some tv programs today, 'Scenes that some viewers might find distressing' or 'If you've been affected by anything in this program visit our website etc'

• RMweb Gold

Like they say before some tv programs today, 'Scenes that some viewers might find distressing' or 'If you've been affected by anything in this program visit our website etc'

Visiting your website has affected me, so I'd like to watch the programme now, please.

• RMweb Premium

Yes, so do I and then maybe I could have some as I may well need even more than Rob. That need though will be be to hide the whole loft that gets in the way, not to keep the loco's feeling safe.

R.Boretum

I've added a few smallish trees to the layout using the armatures bought from Ceynix last year. Coated with Treemendous bark texture and then painted using Lifecolor acrylics and adorned with my favourite Heki foliage ,they don't look too bad to a blind man on a galloping horse. Here we see uncropped shots with 5071 doing the honours.

attachicon.gifDSCN3510 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN3511 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN3512 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN3513 (2).JPG

More trees the better, I say.

Now for the unkempt hedge! to set it all off.

• RMweb Premium

Urgent warning. Do not go to 7mm exhibitions/gatherings. Today I went to Donny with a friend who is involved in such dark arts as 7mm and I got very nervous.

One display had at least 12 panniers all together in group display in boxes with various 'crests' or markings but unnumbered; how good is that?

There were many displays of these really big (despite me wearing my specs back to front to make them look small) and very chunky locomotives. I didn't look at or was attracted to in any way at all:-

Modified Spam"; Spam; Castle (double Chimney*); Castle (single chimney), 9Fs, Class 52s 37s 08s etc. You name it and it was on display, along with these really big coaches and goods stock, RTR and kits.

Then there was the  range of buildings and accessories including huge bits of track; there was a super display of lazer cut turntable items.....absolutely amazing. 7mm lazer cut and 3D printed stuff really is racing ahead in quality. 

Despite my modelling preference being 4mm, the range to view of 7mm goodies and generic modelling accessories was probably better than most general exhibitions I have been to.  

Yes, I actually succumbed and bought something but that will have to remain a secret until later.

Spams, BGMan and Rob (and any others) I can see what has happened to temp you to the Dark Side. My wallet really twitched at the £265 Pannier; it (the wallet that is) almost lept out of the tightly zipped pocket.....almost.

*This was the loco that I probably loved most. It looked amazing.

"This was the loco I almost bought, however i would have had to sell the car to have got it.

Back to reality.

Phil

P.S. Rob Pulham's wife Christine was sitting at his stand (Silhoutte Cutter display) and was quietly finishing a painting of an 8F. Truly, this was the best painting of a locomotive that I have ever seen. I though Mr Hawkins was the best, but this was better. Yes, honestly. She has an exhibition at the RM Shildon in August. I must go to see that.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

I see this thread's naughty chair resident was seen playing with something other than his favourite Southern stuff today. Got to be worth a caption contest.

post-126-0-52462900-1527956853_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

I may consider a caption but that's for the future as I am currently laying down in a dark room under anaesthetic trying to get over the shock !

G

Presumably he thought he was off to a chippy and has just realised his mistake.

Do they do Spam Fritters there ?

G.Ormay

Edited by bgman
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

'Nope, it's gone.....who am I texting again?'

post-14122-0-31215300-1527964525_thumb.jpg