A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

I'd love to be fit enough for that. Bet it's a freezing night in January.

P

I'm back, what have I missed. Going to Wembley today was like going on holiday. I saw plenty of Devonians , a Dart Line Coach and a Warren's Bakery. :sungum: PUSB's.

Yay! Congrats Rob. You me and the duck will have to do the sky blues vs the argyle next season.

Most definitely.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

What's going on with Plymouth Argyle these days; lots of comments here!

Brian

They are faffing around as always, third tier, mediocre and have been carp since Neil Warnock left. No money down that way either.

However, they are 'my team' and I can't help but support their often fragile efforts.

I am also probably the only Janner that feels a bit sorry for Exeter.

P

• RMweb Gold

I am pleased to find that “reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated” as perhaps Mark Twain put it. In fact, we’ve been down the pub, where I got a kiss from the landlady - and Sherry got a kiss from the landlord. They are both a few years younger than us, too!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I am pleased to find that “reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated” as perhaps Mark Twain put it. In fact, we’ve been down the pub, where I got a kiss from the landlady - and Sherry got a kiss from the landlord. They are both a few years younger than us, too!

Did the landlord give you a kiss as well or is that not very Torbay?

P

• RMweb Gold

Passed through Brent about 45 minutes ago, 2 gents sporting dangly string in the goods yard, I was unable to make a positive ID of the owners.

Edit for predictive text.

Fishing ?

• RMweb Gold

Passed through Brent about 45 minutes ago, 2 gents sporting dangly string in the goods yard, I was unable to make a positive ID of the owners.

Two guys from Oxford/Rapido/Hornby/Bachmann/Heljan measuring the goods shed to do the model for me. :read: 

• RMweb Gold

Rob, have you woken up yet? It really did happen.........

P

I know because there's an open topped bus parade tomorrow. :O  :O  :O 

Does anybody want to see images of a King, Hall, Manor, 28xx, 64xx Pannier, a Southern thing, a Standard thing and an American thing running along an ex-GWR secondary mainline over the Bank Holiday weekend?

CoY

No.

Sounds awful..

:jester:

• RMweb Gold

I may or may not choose to confirm or deny that it wasn't me, because I may or may not have been watching 'Car Share' (or 'How to Solder Individual Pasties') whilst eating my lunch.

• RMweb Gold

Does anybody want to see images of a King, Hall, Manor, 28xx, 64xx Pannier, a Southern thing, a Standard thing and an American thing running along an ex-GWR secondary mainline over the Bank Holiday weekend?

CoY

These "thing's" have class names you know and the Grand Inquisitor is highly likely to throw you in the 'Iron Bulleid' (or much worse*) for an infraction like that.. :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

*Pasty-fication for one...

• RMweb Gold

CoY

Yes, that’s why we’re here. Have I missed it?

CoY

Any or all of 6023, 7903, 7820, 2807, 6430, 35006, 70013 or 5197 would be delightful

• RMweb Gold

Any or all of 6023, 7903, 7820, 2807, 6430 or 5197 would be delightful

That's better. :boast:  

Edit I will be The G&W railway next week Spud 2 is rosted every day.  :yahoo:

Edited by 81C
  • Like 1