A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

I see this thread's naughty chair resident was seen playing with something other than his favourite Southern stuff today. Got to be worth a caption contest.

attachicon.gifnaughty boy.jpg

A Gaugemaster DC controller! A Gaugemaster DC controller! My kingdom for a Gaugemaster DC controller!

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

I cut the grass this afternoon, but I was thinking about panniers.

PS. That's not a caption for the caption competition, it's what I was doing and thinking this afternoon.

Should have been at Donny dear boy. There were hundreds there and all very offensive.

Philth

I cut the grass this afternoon, but I was thinking about panniers.

PS. That's not a caption for the caption competition, it's what I was doing and thinking this afternoon.

That's a bit like the first line of Rebecca - "Last night I dreamt of Manderley again" although perhaps not so poetic!  Apols to D du M. :pleasantry:

Brian.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

A Gaugemaster DC controller! A Gaugemaster DC controller! My kingdom for a Gaugemaster DC controller!

The NaughtyMouse controller threw me at first because it's a centre-off design. Slowing a loco down resulted in it shooting off in the opposite direction very quickly. Thankfully lesson learned before the show opened.

• RMweb Gold

Should have been at Donny dear boy. There were hundreds there and all very offensive.

Philth

Sounds like a good show, but Aylesbury is about as far as I can manage for a day trip these days.

It does sound a bit like the Bristol 'O' gauge show in January, which also featured a lot of panniers all crowded together and talking pannierish.

• RMweb Premium

I see this thread's naughty chair resident was seen playing with something other than his favourite Southern stuff today. Got to be worth a caption contest.

attachicon.gifnaughty boy.jpg

Hello, is that the Timetable Controller you're looking for...........................................(yes, imagine the song and just croon it).

Misster Train

• RMweb Gold

You haven't said how many cute little 16XXs you are going to express an interest in.

They will have to be black as the GWR green version would be incorrect for 1947. :read:  Has anyone with a copy of MR got all the release details please.

• RMweb Gold

They will have to be black as the GWR green version would be incorrect for 1947. :read:  Has anyone with a copy of MR got all the release details please.

Don't have a copy of the magazine, I'm afraid, but hopefully someone will be able to advise us.

Never did understand why Devon needs its own flag. It's part of England, for goodness sake (unlike the Peoples Democratic Independent Republic of Kernow).

• Like 1

Don't have a copy of the magazine, I'm afraid, but hopefully someone will be able to advise us.

Never did understand why Devon needs its own flag. It's part of England, for goodness sake (unlike the Peoples Democratic Independent Republic of Kernow).

Or is that the People’s Republic of Independent Kernow? - would make an interesting acronym.....
  • Like 1