A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

As one of the worst offenders, I suggest Rob goes for a week of posts without JA, Rhinos, Sausages, obscure footy teams such as Hamiltoon Haverforwestians, references to the humble pasty and absolutely no pictures of toilets.

I could go as far a suggesting that there be no SR locomotives or rolling stock allowed either, however that's going a bit too far.

S.Claus

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

As one of the worst offenders, I suggest Rob goes for a week of posts without JA, Rhinos, Sausages, obscure footy teams such as Hamiltoon Haverforwestians, references to the humble pasty and absolutely no pictures of toilets.

I could go as far a suggesting that there be no SR locomotives or rolling stock allowed either, however that's going a bit too far.

S.Claus

How can you propose such draconian measures during the season of goodwill and mild weather fruitfulness?

W.I. Shywashyliberal

• RMweb Premium

How can you propose such draconian measures during the season of goodwill and mild weather fruitfulness?

W.I. Shywashyliberal

Because my real identity is Hugh E. Ar$e, I have noting better to do at the moment until I find a good picture of a toilet not modelled by Stubby and I need to go swimming at 12.30.

H G Ar$e

I'd just like to wish Robin and all his followers on ANTB a big thank you for the informative and funny postings throughout 2015. I for one have certainly enjoyed events so far !

I hope one and all have a peaceful and healthy festive season and look forward to the same in 2016.

Happy modelling everyone. Happy modelling :)

• Like 2

As the current husband/partner of the lovely Ms.J. Agutter,  I would like to thank you all for your contributions this year. J sends her regards from downunder, ( she never left you know after 'Walkabout').

Cheers from Oz,

Peter Jagutter xxx

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

As the current husband/partner of the lovely Ms.J. Agutter,  I would like to thank you all for your contributions this year. J sends her regards from downunder, ( she never left you know after 'Walkabout').

Cheers from Oz,

Peter Jagutter xxx

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! This woman in my wardrobe must be an imposter and I've been supporting her financially for bl**dy years.

Mr Perks.

There was a question on another thread as to what the 'X' above the number plate signifies. Does anyone know?

David

It is relevant to the Weight and Power classification during World War II, it was decided that some classes of two-cylinder engines (including the 1000 (County), 4900 (Hall) and 6800 (Grange) classes) would be permitted to haul loads heavier than those specified in the working books for their power classification. These engines were distinguished by a white letter "X" painted above the number plate.

• RMweb Gold

Because my real identity is Hugh E. Ar$e, not modelled by Stubby and I need to go swimming at 12.30.

H G Ar$e

post-465-0-42185500-1450727908.jpg

Compliments of the Season  Mr Duck

Edited....oops I nuked the bit where he was looking for a toilet :senile:

Edited by john dew
  • Like 4

The 'X' above the cab side number plate also signifies that the locomotive in question is on its final cylinder boring size and that liners would be required when it next went into the works for a valves and piston exam.

Chris

The 'X' above the cab side number plate also signifies that the locomotive in question is on its final cylinder boring size and that liners would be required when it next went into the works for a valves and piston exam.

Chris

• RMweb Gold

Merry Christmas, Rob

Best wishes for 2016 and here's looking forward to many more adventures in our world of 1947....

Nadolig Llawen...

Rob