A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Can this be true? The young lady said that they were expected soon, but I was thinking February at the earliest?

Yes but I'm GWRROB remember and I get priority treatment.

post-126-0-21066200-1452426561_thumb.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Yes but I'm GWRROB remember and I get priority treatment.

attachicon.gifDSCN7619.jpg

And quite right too.

Would you like me to rush to the docks, find your 14XX from amongst the correct containers and deliver it to you by hand?

Remember you get a free brochure from the Haverfordwest and District Trouser Information Authority with every delivery.

• RMweb Gold

CK, do you not know who Rob is? His infamy is spread across this wet and somewhat boggy land. Perhaps infamy can't get through SWAG borders...

The South Western Union has abolished border controls, so anyone can now slip through to the Noble Realm, and back again, as the case may be. It makes Dagworth's job that much harder, unfortunately, as he keeps his lonely vigil high up there on our Northern border in the Cotswolds.

• RMweb Premium

And quite right too.

Would you like me to rush to the docks, find your 14XX from amongst the correct containers and deliver it to you by hand?

Remember you get a free brochure from the Haverfordwest and District Trouser Information Authority with every delivery.

Clearly I don't have any exclusive information..... But I wouldn't have thought they have even left China yet...

• RMweb Premium

1420 actually works then as it has moved in those photo's. I remember when that loco appeared and people almost fainted at the quality of the detail.

I've still got an Airfix Royal Scot and it looks the dog's diddleybits and it may have to be got out and admired. 

Rob, what's your Consultant's fee for scenic work 'cause that looks vg 

P

• Like 1

And quite right too.

Plus a pair of Crimpolene stay dry trousers, compliments of the H & DTIA I believe !

post-20303-0-38490700-1452439716.jpeg

You may have to model them at their annual fashion show though :)

A bit of quick research has found two 48xx at Newton in '46 in 4839 and 4866.These were for use on the Ashburton branch and highly unlikely to have been seen on the South Devon banks.

However, due to popular demand...

attachicon.gifDSCN7620bw.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN7621.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN7622.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN7620.jpg

That 14XX is very nice, but 'oh for two' of them ...

I'll get my coat