A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Reminds one of '70 Railway Modeller as has already been said. Very 'Tyling Branch' etc...

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Reminds one of '70 Railway Modeller as has already been said. Very 'Tyling Branch' etc...

Rob.

I don't know whether that's a compliment but the likes of Brian Monahue ? favoured that sort of shot of mine for the magazine.

• Like 1

Well, I'm glad to see the back of 2015.  Happy New Year to all Nodders!

No modelling envisaged for some time and the cherished South Devon in the '30s layout is as far off as it ever was, but, we have attained some temporary respite and I am sure that things will get better over the next few months!

So, I look forward to catching up with ANTB and continuing to draw inspiration from it!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Blessings old chap. May 2016 be a positive step ahead for you. If nothing else you can have a damn good laugh at Seaton Junctionish when it actually gets going again.

Do remember though that the 'Nodders' (actually I think I'd like to be a Noddy) are a very serious bunch and that there is no nonsense on this thread :whistle:

Phil :onthequiet:

• RMweb Gold

Incidently this thread will be locked after I win tonights 50.4 million jackpot.Begging letters will still be sent though.A one in 45 million chance of winning.

....... Who said trains never run midweek....

attachicon.gifDouble header.jpg

I might have mentioned it once or twice, but I am pleased that you are bucking the historical trend today as the GWR cancelled several long distance trains on 6th January 1947:

post-9751-0-75858900-1452109901.jpg

I see they daren't touch any services passing through Brent though.

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 2

Incidently this thread will be locked after I win tonights 50.4 million jackpot.Begging letters will still be sent though.A one in 45 million chance of winning.

We'll be able to work it out though when we see a new user start a thread called "An accurate scale model of Brent in 7mm!"

David

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

We'll be able to work it out though when we see a new user start a thread called "An accurate scale model of Brent in 7mm!"

David

In the 1970s Leeds MRS built a reasonably accurate 0 gauge model of Brent.