A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Plus a pair of Crimpolene stay dry trousers, compliments of the H & DTIA I believe !

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

You may have to model them at their annual fashion show though :)

That you would condescend to take these garments from your own wardrobe and model them for us, Grahame, is most incredibly kind and thoughtful, but nonetheless, I'm glad that I didn't view these images before going to bed last night.

That you would condescend to take these garments from your own wardrobe and model them for us, Grahame, is most incredibly kind and thoughtful, but nonetheless, I'm glad that I didn't view these images before going to bed last night.

Always up for a challenge :))

Rob, I have been lurking around here for a while now, and seeing that you now do "Requests", I wondered if you have enough stock to "do" a typical day's full WTT?

If so if could be interesting / informative to see the daily throughput / sequence at Brent displayed in pictures (over a few days, of course. I have no feel for how many photos that would take!).

Any chance.?

• Like 3

I regret to tell you that the rapacious despoilment of what the developer 'Cavanna Homes' call Palstone Meadow has begun in South Brent, and part of the old Kingsbridge branch embankment has already been removed. Photos to follow.

Where are they when you need 'em ???

post-20303-0-63063800-1452593163_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Rob, I have been lurking around here for a while now, and seeing that you now do "Requests", I wondered if you have enough stock to "do" a typical day's full WTT?

If so if could be interesting / informative to see the daily throughput / sequence at Brent displayed in pictures (over a few days, of course. I have no feel for how many photos that would take!).

Any chance.?

Hi Don

That's a big ask as I don't have many coaches to do the full WTT you require.I would need some help too to put it together.

Hi, Rob, thanks for reply.

That wasn't a "Requirement", just a suggestion that you might consider IF you had the stock to do so.

I thought that it might be an alternative to the Loco-centric requests that seem to be flavour of the month.

Frankly, I assumed that you would be struggling to be able to muster the necessary freight and coaching stock for a full WTT , but if you don't ask.......  

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Rob, thanks for reply.

That wasn't a "Requirement", just a suggestion that you might consider IF you had the stock to do so.

I thought that it might be an alternative to the Loco-centric requests that seem to be flavour of the month.

Frankly, I assumed that you would be struggling to be able to muster the necessary freight and coaching stock for a full WTT , but if you don't ask.......

It's interesting you mention loco-centric requests as these always are the most popular. When I first started this thread everything was new to everybody and various shot angles were welcomed. There are no surprises anymore so stock shots take priority however when the footbridge is built there will be an opportunity to take more non loco orientated shots.One thing I have learnt is you'll never please everyone all the time.

• Like 1

Hi Don

That's a big ask as I don't have many coaches to do the full WTT you require.I would need some help too to put it together.

I think you should go for it but avoid Summer Saturdays. I just had a quick look at the coach numbers required per "Operation Cornwall" for 1957,and, assuming there weren't massive differences in 1947,you would need approximately 200 GWR coaches and 40 LMS coaches just for the services heading through Brent towards and terminating at Penzance from Paddington, Wolves, Manchester and the North.

Then there's the TPO and Sleeper and all the night freights.......only joking... you could half those figures though as I'm guessing 13 or 14 on would look a bit strange on ANTB.

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

A discussion elsewhere on the 16xx had me doing some research.I know CK is a fan but the preserved railway has done it again with this incorrect livery on fifties built 1638.

post-126-0-10150800-1452630846.jpeg

• Like 6

It's interesting you mention loco-centric requests as these always are the most popular. When I first started this thread everything was new to everybody and various shot angles were welcomed. There are no surprises anymore so stock shots take priority however when the footbridge is built there will be an opportunity to take more non loco orientated shots.One thing I have learnt is you'll never please everyone all the time.

There's always locos but I find the unusual interesting; trackwork, small accessories that make the layout interesting and of course, signals. So don't despair Rob, I'm sure there is enough to cover all varieties. Your pictures please me enough!

Brian.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A discussion elsewhere on the 16xx had me doing some research.I know CK is a fan but the preserved railway has done it again with this incorrect livery on fifties built 1638.

attachicon.gif30.jpeg

Appreciate the livery is incorrect, but it does look smart, doesn't it, and it is also very cute, in a way that I personally could not hope to emulate.

• RMweb Premium

Appreciate the livery is incorrect, but it does look smart, doesn't it, and it is also very cute, in a way that I personally could not hope to emulate.

Some of your colleagues have informed us that you can look cute in your overalls  PPE, when seen in profile. There was a recent incident of cuteness at Box we are told.

Ar8e

• RMweb Gold

Some of your colleagues have informed us that you can look cute in your overalls  PPE, when seen in profile. There was a recent incident of cuteness at Box we are told.

Ar8e

I can neither confirm nor deny such scurrilous rumours. Anyone who believes otherwise needs to arrange an urgent appointment with either their Optometrist or their Psychiatrist.

'Box is as Box does', as Kenneth Branagh would say.

Edited by Captain Kernow