SECR Birdcage Coaches

Bill

Guest spet0114

Kernow have posted an album of pictures on Facebook which contains images of three Birdcage coaches (one of each livery).

Had a quick look - the SECR livery looks agreeably purplish....

I checked Facebook – I could only find one image but it looked very nice. Like many models it'll probably look even better in reality. If the H Class and the coaches are released at a similar time it will be something a bit special. Who would have thought that one day we'd see RTR pre-grouping stock to this quality.

Edited by Anglian

Guest Midland Mole

I just had a look on Facebook, and WOW that has just increased my commitment to buy a set of them in SECR livery! Absolutely stunning!!

Times like this I love being a pre-grouping nut. :D

Alex

Edited by Midland Mole

Would be just our luck if the ship carrying them just happened to be passing Guam when Mr.Kim pressed the button ................................

It will just give them that extra 'glow'! ;)

Would be just our luck if the ship carrying them just happened to be passing Guam when Mr.Kim pressed the button ................................

I thought they had started running freight trains direct from China to the UK… 

On the subject of global trade I was wondering the other day if they should start building clippers again in a modern idiom. Very environmentally friendly and they have sail driven cruise ships.

Sorry, back to wonderful SECR coaches.

Edited by Anglian

Also dates mentioned by another supplier, so looks firmer.....

The dates for the Birdcage Sets have been on the Bachmann website for over a month now (see post 509). The BR sets are due first in Sep/Oct. SR Oct/Nov. SE&CR Nov/Dec.

Edited by Paul.Uni

IF you end up having a spare brake, you may want to look at one of the photos in this E-Bay offer ;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-x-35mm-Negative-BR-British-Railways-Scenes-Night-Engineering-Work-1960-/272796356245?hash=item3f83ee0e95:g:9SkAAOSwpIxZch8S

Specifically this one ;

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/mTkAAOSwB9JZch8g/s-l1600.jpg

I ASSUME it is a redundant birdcage brake being used as a crane accommodation/spares coach.  Any idea of the colour ?

P.S.  Bachmann could do it themselves and do a coach to go along with its crane (whenever that is produced).

Edited by phil gollin
  • Like 1