Pencarrow: nothing to see, move along please.

2ManySpams

• RMweb Premium

What did surprise me was how narrow the sleepered crossing was at Bodmin North. I was about to lay it using 8'6" sleepers when I found a clear photo of the prototype in the following book:

post-6675-0-60376100-1518855681_thumb.jpg

From this the boarded section between tracks looked only slightly rectangular and visually 6' long timbers seemed about right. The other interesting thing was that the photo also showed that the crossing used turnout timbers rather than the narrower track sleepers.*

C&L plastic timbers were used, recycled from the first turnout I built for the original Wenford version of Pencarrow.

Getting better at this looking before building lark!

*yes, I've moved on from rivet counting, brick counting and roof slate counting and have progressed to counting timbers. Using track sleepers for the crossing, even with the gauge being 1.5mm too narrow, gave too many bits of wood.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

out on open track they are quite a distance apart, but I'm sure I have seen more than one in station limits. Knowing you though you will already know exactly where the bin was on the prototype.

Just going to have the one near the bridge next to a PW hut and tool shed. The other is spare - you have a PM...

• RMweb Premium

Thank you so much Chris. A fine example of the goodwill that flows around much of RMWeb.

It will find a very good home on "The Light" no doubt having been acquired by the Colonel from Tonbridge Yard

:)

No problem, one good turn deserves another.

• Like 4

I may do a TARDIS at some point, not high on the priority list though.

Oddly enough, far, far away in a parallel universe a rather large GWR TARDIS has landed in my sitting room this afternoon !

post-20303-0-14272600-1518973429.jpg

Seems there may be problems with some of its Dalek proof walls though !!!

Who ? No, I'm not a Dr. !!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I may do a TARDIS at some point, not high on the priority list though.

With a Tardis there is no need to worry about priority you can always send it back in time to a show before you made it.  :nono:

Don

• RMweb Premium

I did a tardis in 10 years time, hope you liked it. I might bring it back in the future in case you missed it.

I presume you used Thinkoprint? I’m amazed we all messed about making stuff with that just around the corner...

• Like 1