Pencarrow: nothing to see, move along please.

2ManySpams

• RMweb Premium

Took a plunge and read this thread right through admittedly skimming through the fist 200 pages as you may have seen from the likes and craftmanship clever responses.

It’s coming on great Chris and the Prototype is a part of the world I love.

In fact a week Monday sees me a Mrs Ade down to Padstow on holiday. The camel trail will be enjoyed on 2 wheels on many occasions. I’ll be looking out for stuff now I’ve learnt a bit reading these pages. Love trying to find stuff still left if you know where to look after all these years.

Keep up the good work I look forward to many more updates.

Cheers

Ade

Edited by AdeMoore
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ade, yes I had noticed you were working your way through the thread - many thanks for all the votes! Really glad you enjoyed the journey, I've also quite enjoyed looking to see where you got up to each morning and reminding myself of the goings on from that period.

The layout is currently packed away for a while whilst I tackle a backlog of decorating and miscellaneous DIY projects on the house. Should be done and back on the layout in the autumn.

North Cornwall is probably my favourite part of the country, enjoy your visit!

• RMweb Gold

I am reading the thread, quietly and without fuss.

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I must say I am quite taken with SheepPencarrow. Lovely stuff, Spammers.

Wot I need is a 7mm RTR Well Tank or a Terrier.....no I don't, what am I saying!!?

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

I feel the need for finishing the layout...

Don't believe you.

You said this was to be a slow journey, so you could enjoy making things, rather than rushing to finish it.

I feel the need for finishing the layout...

Just need to finish off the final weathering details and it'll be right ......

post-20303-0-93582200-1529875244_thumb.jpg

W. Axcrayun

• RMweb Gold

Don't believe you.

You said this was to be a slow journey, so you could enjoy making things, rather than rushing to finish it.

I dont think he means actually finishing it. Probably he would really like to be able to actually run a train or two.

Don

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I have actually been in the train room a few occasions in the last 2 months. Cutting metal tiling trim and upvc waste pipes. Not sure that helps the layout though.

Still working on the 1366 then?

It's a natural reaction that if you model stock and layouts based on ex LSWR it is almost impossible to build things from the GWR. Hence why 1366 is stuck in limbo.

Iirc, your Dukedog wasn’t terrible... :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I have taken to Padstow. We are in an apartment above the tourist information and looking out over the town and the estuary. This is a buefiful place. We loved st Ives two years ago ( don't ask about our visit to St Ives over 21 years ago with a 1 year old... worst holiday ever...

WE went to St Ives today for the day (a long way I know) because the girls wanted to be reminded of that holiday 2 years ago. Wow after the quire beauty of padstow, I though we had gone to Blackpool.

NIpped into Perrenport on the way back. I had remembered it from a camping holiday 40 years ago. What a beach. 7pm at night and the beach is bustling with people, dogs and BBQ.s

back in Padstow tonight, very peaceful

Andy

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Padstow

Wonderful place, fell in love with it in the late 1960s and visited it many times in the early 70s when I was single.

Unfortunately at that time very little interest in the railways, more interest in wine, women and song.

Enjoy your holiday.

Terry