Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Gold

Realtime Trains had the train running around the Liverpool Loop Line as well as out to New Brighton and West Kirby. I'm guessing you didn't make it that far?

unfortunatly no, the route conductor went sick, same tonight now, not doing the mersey at all (or the bootle branch) basically from crewe to northwich-chester-warrington-edge hill-warrington and direct back to crewe

the only reason its only going edge hill is i dont sign from there to lime st as i only used to go as far as edge hill with the old fastline coal trains and havent had a chamce to learn the last little bit into the terminus

the only reason its only going edge hill is i dont sign from there to lime st as i only used to go as far as edge hill with the old fastline coal trains and havent had a chamce to learn the last little bit into the terminus

Might not be worth learning it as it's going to all change in a few years!

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Might not be worth learning it as it's going to all change in a few years!

Simon

Sooner than that. First possessions start next month.

Paul.

• RMweb Gold

just a couple from today, busy on other matters this week but saw this while i was passing through crewe station this afternoon, an unbranded DRS 37422 with Caroline

1F339B36-AC2D-44CE-8EAD-1BCF33BCB6E1.jpg

5786EBB5-969A-46D5-BD72-AA9141A521E6.jpg

normal service will be resumed on saturday morning

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

I wondered if you could help with this I've just watched a DVD that showed Colas 60076 on a cement train but on the side of the loco it had a 'TARMAC' logo was this just a one off thing?

Named "Dunbar" and Tarmac branded March 2016 The branding was on one side only (the side with only one grille)  and removed sometime around end June/early July 2016 if flickr picture dates are correct.  

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Some from today, worked a 37 and UTU crewe to derby

Changing ends in Derby

F91FB3F2-82B5-46DC-B38A-8D069C372225.jpg

A few hours on the shunt including a mainline trip in the 08 over to etches park (hence the portable headlight)

C24F7281-D09E-4E05-B259-FC6ED7A6B60A.jpg

Couple of 37s

06DD887E-44B4-4397-9AF9-AB314EE6F69C.jpg

Then the 67s over to crewe

6D76375F-C69D-4CC4-AC4E-9D092364B23B.jpg

And into the electric depot at crewe

CA0BD4C8-8085-44D7-8302-6BF4F5D88CC6.jpg

Even spotted a couple of forum members on my travels too!

• Like 10

Afternoon All,

I Passed through Crewe today while getting Union of South Africa on a jolly to Chester and after that charter had gone, a fellow photographer said that there was a light loco movement on the way and hence 0Z23 Derby R.T.C.(Network Rail) to Crewe T.M.D. (E) arrived with 67023 and 67027 Colas Rail Freight and Big Jim at the controls.

post-8106-0-17680000-1504968577_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Even spotted a couple of forum members on my travels too!

See, told you! ^^^^^^^^^^

(i did give you a toot and wave)

I was only a couple of minutes behind the charters departure, did wonder what was on it, I saw it disappearing into the distance at steel works as I pulled into the electric depot

(I also saw 250BOB while passing through stoke on Trent station with the 37)

Edited by big jim
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I see a new game or even a new thread developing here spotting fellow forum members whilst at work.

Great pics as ever Jim I'm always looking out for you while I'm plying my trade around the Midlands.

Cheers

Colin

I went to the model shop in bury st Edmunds a few months back (Model Jn) and the owner said "are you big jim?" and had a chat with him for a bit, then a few days later I got on a voyager in Edinburgh and someone else recognised me there too!

Similarly in bidston last week, being recognised in the local area is not unusual but away from home feels strange (and then you don't really know what to say to people!)

• Like 1