Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Gold

You need to shift 60021 back to Carlisle..... (Just tell GB they can't have it)

70813 has been allocated to the logs for 2 days and failed with flat batteries…………...

It’s coming back tomorrow to save the day!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

A few from last night, NMT crewe to burton on Trent

Another driver boughtbut in, Didn’t think it would fit in the bay at crewe but it did!

EC3265BE-2ECC-4ED3-9E47-68CE541716A2.jpg

345 unit on test

9BCD1295-7A28-4321-8159-47231E9E7B89.jpg

503BB917-7502-4B63-BB14-2618DD07E93C.jpg

And into burton

231A5D3A-DF76-45D3-88F5-C3B7AFC44C60.jpg

Derby blockade today

• Like 14

Good luck in the new job Jim.

However I wish to complain that thanks to your pics you have cost me money- I bought the Bachmann Class 70 in colas and preordered the Hornby 67 in colas because the real things looked awesome!

Hopefully the new locos in your pics won't have the same effect!

Cheers

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Good luck in the new job Jim.

However I wish to complain that thanks to your pics you have cost me money- I bought the Bachmann Class 70 in colas and preordered the Hornby 67 in colas because the real things looked awesome!

Hopefully the new locos in your pics won't have the same effect!

Cheers

Mark

Yeah I know what you mean, I wasn’t going to order any new hattons 66s as I have a couple of Bachman Colas 66 I’m more than happy with but now I’m going to have to order the large loco and biffa GBRf releases as I’m bound to get in them at some point

Luckily I’ve already got an original one, first group, rainbow, metronet, underground specials, evening star and Europorte Bachman versions so I won’t need to try and get them.

as it happens the last GBRf 66 I drove was way back in 2010 with fastline and was 66705 with the union jack on the side, all the time with Colas and I’ve never ended up with one on hire or as site driver (he says typing this sat on a DB 66)

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Thank you for all the interesting photos and stories. This has been a must see thread ever since it started, just as the Chiltern one was before.

Wish you all the very best in your new job and I hope they will allow one of the best ambassadors of the modern railway to start a new thread all about your adventures around the country.