Hi Simon

Yes, unfortunately playing with the big trains sometimes doesn't leave enough time to play with the little trains. I know that feeling only to well.

Nice pictures of your office and the depot by the way. Meant to mention that in the last post. Especially liked the sunrise. Very atmospheric.

Cheers

Marcus

• RMweb Gold

Another Class 37 joins the ranks of the Pendeford yard fleet.

Hi Simon,

Is that one that is en route to/from MC Metals / CF Booths?  Somebody seems to have cut the bodyside away!  I bet if I went and looked the flame cut number is already on ebay!

:)

Im presuming, going off the black marker panels, that this is your 37350?

Rich

Hi Simon,

Is that one that is en route to/from MC Metals / CF Booths?  Somebody seems to have cut the bodyside away!  I bet if I went and looked the flame cut number is already on ebay!

:)

Im presuming, going off the black marker panels, that this is your 37350?

Rich

Oh well guessed Rich, it will indeed be 37350, the rest of the body is having Dutch livery stripped off and will once ready, be painted BR green

• Like 2

Hi simon cant wait to see this turn out please post the photos as you work on it am lookin forward to see the result 350 is one of my fav tractors you fitting a sound decoder to it mate ?

Sound decoder fitted as well as a bass-reflex speaker in the fuel tanks Andy, did it over the course of the weekend. Only job outstanding is stripping the body and then repainting it.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Oh well guessed Rich, it will indeed be 37350, the rest of the body is having Dutch livery stripped off and will once ready, be painted BR green

I'll put the crystal ball away now! Looking forward to seeing the result :)

Rich

Hi Simon,

I am looking forwards to seeing 37350 I remember seeing that a few times back in the day though never got a pic of it. I remember seeing 37116 at Basingstoke too but only got a crappy pic.

What do you use to strip the paint off?

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Simon,

I am looking forwards to seeing 37350 I remember seeing that a few times back in the day though never got a pic of it. I remember seeing 37116 at Basingstoke too but only got a crappy pic.

What do you use to strip the paint off?

Cheers Peter.

Morning Peter, I never got to see 37350 in the flesh or 37116.

My method for stripping paint off is using a bath of Brake fluid. I've used this method for many years now but the Dutch livery on my Bachmann 37 body is proving stubborn. After 2 days the yellow refused to budge so It's been soaking for 4 days now, once I'm home this afternoon I intend checking to see if body-shell is ready.

If I make a good job of this I'd like to have a crack at tackling Railfreight Grey on a 37 and 31, much like you've done over on Llanbourne

Cheers

Simon

My method for stripping paint off is using a bath of Brake fluid. I've used this method for many years now but the Dutch livery on my Bachmann 37 body is proving stubborn. After 2 days the yellow refused to budge so It's been soaking for 4 days now, once I'm home this afternoon I intend checking to see if body-shell is ready.

If I make a good job of this I'd like to have a crack at tackling Railfreight Grey on a 37 and 31, much like you've done over on Llanbourne

Cheers

Simon

Thanks Simon,

I have used brake fluid in the past but had a body go soft so haven't used it since. I have tried Caustic soda before but don't I am not sure how Bachmann or Heljan plastic might react.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Thanks Simon,

I have used brake fluid in the past but had a body go soft so haven't used it since. I have tried Caustic soda before but don't I am not sure how Bachmann or Heljan plastic might react.

Cheers Peter.

The only problem I've had so far Peter was a Hornby Class 31 bodyshell, it went soft and then cracked. I have tried this on Heljan bodyshells and they stripped clean after 2-3 days.

Cheers

Simon

Cheers

Simon

Hi simon thought i would send you a photo of 37350 last time it was round our way the other 37 would need to be 37515 and be a very silly colour but hope you dont use it  :angel:

post-28330-0-71294600-1485875338_thumb.jpg

took me ages to get to photo it 

Andi

Hi simon thought i would send you a photo of 37350 last time it was round our way the other 37 would need to be 37515 and be a very silly colour but hope you dont use it  :angel:

attachicon.gifIMG_0797.jpg

took me ages to get to photo it 

Andi

I remember seeing this on the web when it happened Andy, I'm pleased to report that the Bachmann Class 37 body-shell has emerged unscathed from it's 5 day dip in the brake fluid with no ill effects other than losing it's colour.

I certainly won't be doing any 37's in that gaudy livery.

• Like 1

A cruel close up of my 37350 project, I've added a piece of plasticard to plate the boiler exhaust, it's not great but at least it's covered now. It's so far had primer with a couple of coats of Railmatch Diesel roof grey added. Once I'm happy with the roof then i'll mask off and spray the body with Railmatch BR Standard loco green

.32291654500_b88b68cf0d_b.jpgprogress so far by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

• Like 5

A cruel close up of my 37350 project, I've added a piece of plasticard to plate the boiler exhaust, it's not great but at least it's covered now. It's so far had primer with a couple of coats of Railmatch Diesel roof grey added. Once I'm happy with the roof then i'll mask off and spray the body with Railmatch BR Standard loco green

thats fantastic simon how did you get the nose to come off and the photo really helps mate 

• Like 1

Looking good Simon!

What livery is 350 going in?Sectorisation or D6700/350 in that odd green she wore? Have you got the lovely rectangular buffers she had before converting back to preserved green?!

Ive got a split box noseped ready for conversion into 350 (recently had the decals from Steve at Railtec) so I'll look forward to your progress for some inspiration!!!

Cheers

Trev :)

Looking good Simon!

What livery is 350 going in?Sectorisation or D6700/350 in that odd green she wore? Have you got the lovely rectangular buffers she had before converting back to preserved green?!

Ive got a split box noseped ready for conversion into 350 (recently had the decals from Steve at Railtec) so I'll look forward to your progress for some inspiration!!!

Cheers

Trev :)

Morning Trev, the plan is to paint it as it was back in 1988, Green with oval buffers and Stratford Cockney Sparrow stickers. I'm hoping that after inspecting the roof, to have it masked ready for it's first coat of green. I'll try and remember to take some pictures, to post on here to help anyone who fancies taking the plunge.

• Like 1