You could also have     "Arthur Brownlow is innocent" as something that was found on walls at the time (or a little before), especially in that area!!!

You'd really have to be sad to know what it means without Googling though!!!! (like me).  :O

Jinty ;)

I hope one mr Trump does`nt follow your thread Simon,because you might find yourself wisked of to an undisclosed location on the Mexico - USA border to be employed as a project manager...... :O

Nice work so far,

Brian.

I'm always open to offers Brian and I'm sure Mrs Barnes would love a trip to the States

Great work on the fence Simon and also love the new video. Loco's sound awesome.

Cheers

Marcus

Thanks for the comments Marcus, I'm just waiting for a break in the weather now so I can spray the next coat. The loco sounds are slowly being expanded when money permits, I really want to get a sound chip into my Peak and 56 next.

Like your scrap yard area..

Cheers Neil, this area of the layout has been neglected for too long really, I'm slowly detailing the top level to make it more photogenic 

Great corrugated wall Simon, will look great with all the rust and grime applied.

Oh and obviously this too..........................

attachicon.gifbescot picx.jpg

Loving the videos and the intros as well, very 80's!!!

Jinty ;)

You could also have     "Arthur Brownlow is innocent" as something that was found on walls at the time (or a little before), especially in that area!!!

You'd really have to be sad to know what it means without Googling though!!!! (like me).  :O

Jinty ;)

Keep those creative juices flowing Jinty, I'm open to ideas as my source of 80's bands etc is drying up 

Jinty ;)

Half man half biscuit or something?

Crossroads inspired?

Half man half biscuit or something?

Crossroads inspired?

Arthur Brownlow was a character in Crossroads and he was falsely accused of rape.

Back then you did see graffiti saying "Arthur Brownlow is innocent", I suppose depending how avid the Crossroads fans were!!!! Miss Diane!!!

I'm wholely ashamed that I know this, and I will conduct self flagulation by way of ironing my hands!!!! (But only after I've fitted Mr Zimo to Mr Gronk!)

Jinty ;)

• Like 1

Arthur Brownlow was a character in Crossroads and he was falsely accused of rape.

Back then you did see graffiti saying "Arthur Brownlow is innocent", I suppose depending how avid the Crossroads fans were!!!! Miss Diane!!!

I'm wholely ashamed that I know this, and I will conduct self flagulation by way of ironing my hands!!!! (But only after I've fitted Mr Zimo to Mr Gronk!)

Jinty ;)

I dont know bout 'miss Diane,erhum ...!!   what about poor Benny!, you can`t forget him......... :no:

Tove.

That's looking really good.  You might want to dry-brush a few black streaks and some diluted brown on some panels to give a typically varied patchwork effect. 

Thanks Mark, I do intend redoing some of the rust so it obscures the graffiti as well as using different coloured graffit

• Like 1

That looks absolutely superb mate. Really catches the 80s feeling. Definitely can't complain when you've got one of my favourite bands on there. Simple Minds rocks!!

Cheers Marcus, I've exceeded my own expectations to be honest. I was hoping I hadn't overdone the graffiti and I do intend adding a few more suitable pieces including the suggestions made earlier

• Like 1

I do intend adding a few more suitable pieces including the suggestions made earlier

Wot no BCFC......

Have you considered using weathing powders to add a little texture to the surfaces and soften some of rust?.

You can do this if you use a matt varnish,as it`ll give the powders a key to attach too.

Brian.

Wot no BCFC......

Have you considered using weathing powders to add a little texture to the surfaces and soften some of rust?.

You can do this if you use a matt varnish,as it`ll give the powders a key to attach too.

Brian.

Sorry for the commission Brian, I shall get out my spray cans and sneak along to the fence tonight  :triniti: I've thought of weathering powders for other jobs like my MGRs but to be honest I've been worried about using them in case the powder came off to the touch, with your tip I'll have to take the plunge and give them a go. Any suggestions on where to obtain them?

Simon

• Like 1

Sorry for the commission Brian, I shall get out my spray cans and sneak along to the fence tonight :triniti: I've thought of weathering powders for other jobs like my MGRs but to be honest I've been worried about using them in case the powder came off to the touch, with your tip I'll have to take the plunge and give them a go. Any suggestions on where to obtain them?

Simon

I tend to use MIG weathering powders Simon, available from a good few suppliers. You can seal it on with some Testors Dullcote if you want.

The Cargowaggon I weathered was dome soley with MiG powders and a couple of their washes, then airbrushed over.

Jinty ;)

• Like 1

Hi Simon,

Unlike Jinty,i`ve never really used powders on rolling stock apart from on a few underframes,but i`ve got  friends that routenly use them on loco`s and stock,and never have any problms.And as Jinty has said, you can seal them with testors dullcote

But like most things,it`s just a practicing with them on something that`s not going to be used or your not too worried about.

Brian.

I tend to use MIG weathering powders Simon, available from a good few suppliers. You can seal it on with some Testors Dullcote if you want.

The Cargowaggon I weathered was dome soley with MiG powders and a couple of their washes, then airbrushed over.

Jinty ;)

Hi Simon,

Unlike Jinty,i`ve never really used powders on rolling stock apart from on a few underframes,but i`ve got  friends that routenly use them on loco`s and stock,and never have any problms.And as Jinty has said, you can seal them with testors dullcote

But like most things,it`s just a practicing with them on something that`s not going to be used or your not too worried about.

Brian.

Thanks for the help and advice lads, I'll do some browsing regarding these weathering powers

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent video,and loving the sound of your 20`s.

I am slightly envious of your 'UKF' pallet van`s though,as no one makes them in 7mm..

Brian.

PS any more done on the scrap yard?.

Edited by Tove

Nice video Simon,

Looks like you got yourself a sound chip for your Peak.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks for taking a look Peter, yes indeed Legomanbiffo with an iphone speaker fitted, captures the growl of the sulzer well I feel.

Great video again

Cheers, glad you like it  :boast:

Another nice video!! :senile:

hard work but it paid off I hope  :locomotive:

Excellent video,and loving the sound of your 20`s.

I am slightly envious of your 'UKF' pallet van`s though,as no one makes them in 7mm..

Brian.

PS any more done on the scrap yard?.

Great to hear that the video has gone down well, I'll pass the feedback along to our newest sponsor "Cassocks from Hassocks"  :onthequiet:

The class 20 has a Legomanbiffo chip fitted with again the iphone speaker, the Class 56 is fitted with a Coastal DCC soundchip and a slimline bass reflex speaker.

Slowly built up the UKF van collection, with I think it was three coming from the great 4mm clear out at Wrexbury (courtesy of Jinty)

Scrap yard, I'll have to take an updated picture as I did take the rattle cans to the fence as well as to the other areas and added "BCFC" also added a thin layer of grime.

Edited by bescotbeast
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Simon,

I've just been catching up on a few threads. You've done a lot!

Great work on the corrugated iron fencing, love the look of it, and the graffiti, the whole thing is setting the scene nicely, and it looks brilliant in the video.

Nice on mate.

Al.