I remember those Morris Ital vans, they were right nails, even when new. I much preferred the Bedford HA's we had before, they were great.

Al.

My dad drove a few Morris Ital vans, when he worked for West Midlands Gas Board (British Gas). I remember how "plasticky" the interiors were.

• RMweb Gold

My dad drove a few Morris Ital vans, when he worked for West Midlands Gas Board (British Gas). I remember how "plasticky" the interiors were.

Yeah, the gearboxes were a bit plasticky as well... :)

Al.

Yeah, the gearboxes were a bit plasticky as well... :)

Al.

Do you guys mind, I earned my living ripping people off     :O  WHOOPS I mean, Selling these, it was a better Demo Car than than the Allegro with the Square Steering Wheel. ahah.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Do you guys mind, I earned my living ripping people off     :O  WHOOPS I mean, Selling these, it was a better Demo Car than than the Allegro with the Square Steering Wheel. ahah.

Yeah, it's funny, the Ital car was quite nice, but whatever they did to the contract vans I don't know, but they were awful.

And my recollection is that although the Ital was a bigger vehicle than the HA, it actually had a smaller load space in the back, as well.

Al

• Like 2

having some time off work, I've extended my fiddle yard roads once again, this is the third time I've done it. The result is I can now run 9 TEA wagons instead of 7, 9 BDA wagons instead of 8 and 7 coaches instead of 6.

34703927902_4906cb702d_b.jpgnew points by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

34735950951_a74a2eb304_b.jpgfiddle yard roads extended by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

Part of this was possible from the "peco point bending" thread I came across

34057099043_14ff9ba29f_b.jpgpoint bending by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

• Like 7

Braving the heat in the spare room, I ran a few trains to test the fiddle yard points etc.

Sulzer action for Thames611

34847428756_b509a2ac69_b.jpgIMG_2203 by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

47/4 parcels

34500451580_3911575a44_b.jpgIMG_2209 by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

Speedlink Departure

34847432456_7f84188a3d_b.jpgIMG_2208 by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

like the speedlink train behind the very smart tinsley 47 Simon more great stock hope the trackwork changes run smooth pal :)

• Like 2

Thanks Andy, the two locos are Dave's Thames611 enjoying an extended working holiday on Pendeford sidings, 47430 is my favourite as it's in de-branded Intercity livery and fitted with "Legomanbiffo" sounds. The trackwork changes are running well, the only slight niggle I've got, is the new Hornby HAA wagons wheels are running poorly through the check rail on the Code 100 curved point. 

• Like 1

sorry to hear about the poor running MGRs on your new points i'm sure you'll sort it very soon . The 47 are very cool bet the lego man sounds are very good i've always preferred intercity swallow (swift) to  intercity mainline i thought it dull compared with the bright white finish of swallow but the model does look very good mate but the grey duff looks much better much more business type :) 

• Like 1

the videos are a real bonus to me when i'm watching them and start laughing out loud my wife thinks i'm mad . The train loads have a proper  80s feel about em and just remind me of being a kid with me radio listening to the footy scores on Saturday sat on any given station watching the mix of freight, parcels and duff hauled passenger trains wizz by great work mate .

ps thought you mite use legomans new 37 sounds for slipping to a stand so a banker could assist ?

Morning Simon

Just absolutely p*ssed myself watching the intro. You do know that I'm no longer going to be able to traverse Pleck Junction without thinking of your video. Very entertaining. Keep em coming.

Cheers

Marcus

Thanks you pair, your comments are reward enough, to know that you enjoy the formations and the humour has made me laugh

the videos are a real bonus to me when i'm watching them and start laughing out loud my wife thinks i'm mad . The train loads have a proper  80s feel about em and just remind me of being a kid with me radio listening to the footy scores on Saturday sat on any given station watching the mix of freight, parcels and duff hauled passenger trains wizz by great work mate .

ps thought you mite use legomans new 37 sounds for slipping to a stand so a banker could assist ?

Morning Simon

Just absolutely p*ssed myself watching the intro. You do know that I'm no longer going to be able to traverse Pleck Junction without thinking of your video. Very entertaining. Keep em coming.

Cheers

Marcus

Thanks you pair, two know you've enjoyed the humour and the train formations is ample reward for the faffing about it takes to try and get it looking right.