Simon,

Are you using rattle can sprays, or airbrush? Whose paints do you find work the best?

Rich

all rattle cans Rich, I haven't got the space or location to set up an airbrush permanently, so I have to stand a sheltered spot in out back garden on a dry and non windy day to apply my paints. I use Halfords primer and for this project I used Railmatch for the roof and main body. Other projects that I have done I have listed what paints I've used. My repaints have got their faults when you inspect them close up but to me they look like the prototype and bring some variety to my layout.

Simon

• Like 1

Right prepare yourself for a Televisual feast, to celebrate reaching the "grand" number of the 10th Episode, Bescot Television invited celebrated TV Buff "Mark Wiles" to Direct the latest episode of "Pendeford Yard today".

Viewers of a delicate nature be warned, this is a purely "Electric" episode

• Like 9

Hello Simon,

As always, great thread so far, I read back a couple of pages your looking at doing an open day. If you do and if it's not to cheeky to ask, but I'd love to come down. I'm living back near Guildford now, so I don't think I'm to far north of your place. Iv got some intresting stock of the same era as your layout. (Also my favourite era)

Hopefully I won't be away with work if you do decide to set a date.

Again, as always, regards,

Dave.

Hello Simon,

As always, great thread so far, I read back a couple of pages your looking at doing an open day. If you do and if it's not to cheeky to ask, but I'd love to come down. I'm living back near Guildford now, so I don't think I'm to far north of your place. Iv got some intresting stock of the same era as your layout. (Also my favourite era)

Hopefully I won't be away with work if you do decide to set a date.

Again, as always, regards,

Dave.

Morning Dave

Thanks for reading through the thread, regarding the "open day" I certainly do intend doing this again as it was great to share the layout with new people who were able to look with fresh eyes and offer pointers etc. I'll probably look at doing it on the first week of May when the weather is warmer etc.

All the best

Simon

• Like 2

Love the latest video Simon,

I do like the electric traction though it looks like your class 85 isn't quite sat on the chassis properly.

Looks like you got your class 20 running well together too.

Cheers Peter.

Love the latest video Simon,

I do like the electric traction though it looks like your class 85 isn't quite sat on the chassis properly.

Looks like you got your class 20 running well together too.

Cheers Peter.

Glad you liked the video Peter, WombatofLudham really pulled out the stops with this one. The 85 is actually my class 81, it's a Trix body on a Bachmann Class 85 chassis, the chassis had to have parts of it trimmed down to fit but as you've noticed it doesn't sit perfectly.

The 20's both now have a Coastal DCC sound chip fitted and as you see run better.

Glad you liked the video Peter, WombatofLudham really pulled out the stops with this one. The 85 is actually my class 81, it's a Trix body on a Bachmann Class 85 chassis, the chassis had to have parts of it trimmed down to fit but as you've noticed it doesn't sit perfectly.

The 20's both now have a Coastal DCC sound chip fitted and as you see run better.

Sorry Mate, I noticed the Motherwell Salmon but not that it was an 81. What a beast though, I am sure with a bit more trimming down it will fit better. Your electric fleet has certainly grown some I bet you can't wait for the Hornby class 87.

Cheers Peter.

Sorry Mate, I noticed the Motherwell Salmon but not that it was an 81. What a beast though, I am sure with a bit more trimming down it will fit better. Your electric fleet has certainly grown some I bet you can't wait for the Hornby class 87.

Cheers Peter.

or even bachmanns long awaited class 90 that just mite fit the 1988 time frame ?

lookin excellent Simon great production mate and super loco variety keep em comin .

Another great video.

The names on the credits are clever.

Thanks chaps, my input was the train formations and movements, the real credit is owed to Mr Wiles http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/69774-kings-oak-an-experience-building-mini-exhibition-layout/ he found all the new shooting locations, handled the camera and then spent hours creating and editing the footage.

Cheers Peter.

It's not perfect Peter as the original intention was to have it as a Class 81 in the early 70's so the donor loco didn't have the later underframe or airtanks on the roof

or even bachmanns long awaited class 90 that just mite fit the 1988 time frame ?

The Class 90 was introduced in 1988, the first passenger working was in July 1988 http://www.class90electriclocogroup.co.uk/fleet_history.html

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning Dave

Thanks for reading through the thread, regarding the "open day" I certainly do intend doing this again as it was great to share the layout with new people who were able to look with fresh eyes and offer pointers etc. I'll probably look at doing it on the first week of May when the weather is warmer etc.

All the best

Simon

Hi Simon

I could be tempted down again if there's room for one more? I might even bring Tidworth if you have room to set it up and fancied a play?

• Like 2

Hi Simon

I could be tempted down again if there's room for one more? I might even bring Tidworth if you have room to set it up and fancied a play?

Ian you're always welcome, I reckon Tidworth could fit in the front room easily with permission from the boss of course

Simon that looks excellent mate great work . i am very jealous of your skills nice photo pal :)

Thanks Andi, there are a few spots that ain't perfect but it looks like the loco too me

• Like 2