• RMweb Gold

20064 is chipped with a Coastal DCC sound chip, 20030 has a standard ESU V4 chip, the only issue I've got so far is they are fighting each  :punish: other when running as a pair. I've looked at the CV's with JMRI but they both match......

Hi Simon,

I was reading a thread in the DCC sound forum the other day which suggests that consisting a Loksound chip and other chips can be a problem, particularly if you have an NCE controller, as the Loksound chip requires different values in the momentum CVs compared to other chips. See here:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/89097-beware-nce-and-esu-momentum-idiosyncrasies/

Al

Hi Simon,

I was reading a thread in the DCC sound forum the other day which suggests that consisting a Loksound chip and other chips can be a problem, particularly if you have an NCE controller, as the Loksound chip requires different values in the momentum CVs compared to other chips. See here:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/89097-beware-nce-and-esu-momentum-idiosyncrasies/

Al

Thanks Al, I've spoken to Kevin over at Coastal DCC and I'm going to purchase another sound chip to go in the non-sound fitted loco. It should have the same values, the only difference should be that the start up on each loco will differ

Edited by bescotbeast
  • Like 2

New LED lights, kindly provided by Andy " vulcan product fan" of New Whitt, have been fitted into the TOPS office and shunters cabin, there is some light bleed but nothing that some fresh paint on the interior can't fix.

31631668213_71ea9156ab_k.jpgNocturnal Speedlink by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

Cant wait to see them working together and lookin forward to see ye lights Simon .

Have you took a sound chip out ? to put a costal dcc sound one in or was it just a drive chip ?

I bought two chips from Coastal but only one was a sound chip, I was having to watch the pennies so couldn't afford two at the time.

• Like 9

New LED lights, kindly provided by Andy " vulcan product fan" of New Whitt, have been fitted into the TOPS office and shunters cabin, there is some light bleed but nothing that some fresh paint on the interior can't fix.

31631668213_71ea9156ab_k.jpgNocturnal Speedlink by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

I bought two chips from Coastal but only one was a sound chip, I was having to watch the pennies so couldn't afford two at the time.

Simon they look great mate i really like the effect. Glad i could help out with them . The 31 looks very smart as it waits at the tops office 

• Like 1

Ohhh dear...these opening advert`s are getting a bit silly mate...... :nono:      Bloody hillarious mind you...... :lol: So keep emm coming Simon.

Cheers

Brian,

PS,You might want to put a small warning on first though if your going to do any more 'drinks' advert`s,as i had to mopp up my cuppa tea after it ended up all over my key board!!.

Great news, the first Pendeford Yard today is ready

Ha Ha Ha!!!!

Loving the adverts Simon, I nearly missed the rest of the feature with laughing.  :jester:

Is it still Wombat doing it? Whoever's doing it is a bl@@dy genius, it's a proper 80's theme!

Jinty ;)

Ohhh dear...these opening advert`s are getting a bit silly mate...... :nono:      Bloody hillarious mind you...... :lol: So keep emm coming Simon.

Cheers

Brian,

PS,You might want to put a small warning on first though if your going to do any more 'drinks' advert`s,as i had to mopp up my cuppa tea after it ended up all over my key board!!.

Wow Simon great video love the new additions tinsley 20 do look good and i wish i was on the mail train with the  welsh tractor and love the adds at begin of the video :)

Ha Ha Ha!!!!

Loving the adverts Simon, I nearly missed the rest of the feature with laughing.  :jester:

Is it still Wombat doing it? Whoever's doing it is a bl@@dy genius, it's a proper 80's theme!

Jinty ;)

Cheers for the feedback lads, I can confirm that the adverts are the creative work of Mr Wiles aka "wombatofludham" and I too, did a double take at the Sherry advert  :no:

• Like 2

Cock Marling is actually a tiny little hamlet in East Sussex, just in case you wondered.

​Probably the smallest Cock in the area.

cockmarling

Of course, you shouldn't drive at all if you've had a large Cock.  Don't drink and drive.  The roads are shocking and you'll spill it.
Edited by wombatofludham
  • Like 1

LOL thats the best video yet, and the trains weren't to bad either.

One thing I did notice is you have a couple of Stanier parcel vans which I am pretty sure had been withdrawn by the late 80s. Otherwise looking forwards to the next load of Adds oh and some trains too.

Cheers Peter.

LOL thats the best video yet, and the trains weren't to bad either.

One thing I did notice is you have a couple of Stanier parcel vans which I am pretty sure had been withdrawn by the late 80s. Otherwise looking forwards to the next load of Adds oh and some trains too.

Cheers Peter.

They are in the rake Peter, as I'm short on NPCCS so they are acting as fillers. I'm slowly expanding the fleet when I can stop buying locos.

They are in the rake Peter, as I'm short on NPCCS so they are acting as fillers. I'm slowly expanding the fleet when I can stop buying locos.

No worries I did wonder if that might be the case. I use the Lima GUVs on Llanbourne you could probably pick then up cheap. Though it is hard not to buy loco's, that Green pair of 20s look hellfire.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

No worries I did wonder if that might be the case. I use the Lima GUVs on Llanbourne you could probably pick then up cheap. Though it is hard not to buy loco's, that Green pair of 20s look hellfire.

Cheers Peter.

I'd read your comments regarding Lima GUVs over on Llanbourne but I've not got the time or inclination to start messing with flush glazing etc, I'll keep an eye on Hattons or ebay for some more Bachmann GUVs. The Tinsley 20's are great I just need to sort out the running as a pair issue, which I'm hoping a matching sound chip will fix.

I bought another Class 37 on ebay last night which I'm hoping to respray into 37350/D6700, counting up my fleet including last nights purchase I've now got 26 locos.

By the end of this week that figure could increase by two more  :no:

Simon

• Like 2

Hi Simon

Yet another brilliant video. The adverts are bl**dy hilarious. Keep em coming mate.

Cheers

Marcus

Morning Marcus, glad you liked the video, it's a bit shorter than I wanted owing to some of the footage I recorded was too grainy to work with. More to follow when I've got some time of work allowing me more time to run and set the trains up.