Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

--- --- .--. ...

- .... .- -     .-. . -- .. -. -.. ...     -- .    ..     .... .- ...- .     - ---    --. . -     ... --- -- .     - --- ---

- .... .- -. -.- ...      .- .-..

[  .--. ...

.... --- .--     -.. ---      -.-- --- ..-      -.. ---      -.-. .- .--. .. - .- .-.. ...      .. -.       -- --- .-. ... .  ]

Thats no way ..........

I have a couple of tin cans and some string.....

................  to talk about Hornby and Bachmann's finest  ........    :nono:      ..      

Coat and hat on and I'm out of here  ....   

• Like 1

Life isn't fair...

There are you guys, bursting with creativity to share, but you're knackered by twisted copper wires,

and there's me, with blisteringly fast cable - and nowt to show for it!

(wall-butting smilie)

T.

Posted Today, 08:45

Just spoken to Kal & Jaz, on the mobile to mobile..............

they are considering............Camping outside,......... Mcdonalds,............  the nearest, Wi Fi local hotspot..................  :O .

• Like 1

Know how they feel and have much sympathy ...........    :umbrage:

Old Sarum was on the very end of an already below speed wire  ....    then they added a complete housing estate - without any upgrade   ...

+   ...   additional outrages outages as they connected each small group of the houses    ...  :ireful:

Even tried via wireless network  .....   that is so weak, it kept dropping out too  .....   :banghead:

Best wishes to Both  ...

--- --- .--. ...

- .... .- -     .-. . -- .. -. -.. ...     -- .    ..     .... .- ...- .     - ---    --. . -     ... --- -- .     - --- ---

- .... .- -. -.- ...      .- .-..

[  .--. ...

.... --- .--     -.. ---      -.-- --- ..-      -.. ---      -.-. .- .--. .. - .- .-.. ...      .. -.       -- --- .-. ... .  ]

What's that?  Send three and fourpence, we're going to a dance?

Thanks all

And please feel free, it brightens up are present lack of connection.

Gprs is ok for the icons if the wind is in the right direction, but it takes about 10 minutes to load a page :(

Seems slightly better late night, but during the day i cannot even load a page.

Anyway i have told BT if they did not fix today i would wire it up myself, so tomorrow i will be trying to find enough cable and a ladder to do just that

• RMweb Premium

Anyway i have told BT if they did not fix today i would wire it up myself, so tomorrow i will be trying to find enough cable and a ladder to do just that

Be afraid, be very afraid..........

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Are you going all the way back to the exchange, or just to the cabinet?? :O

Good luck mate,

Al.

• Like 1

Nope

Wires at the futhest pole were too short to use, so unless i tore the cable down to he next pole, i am stuck.

On a positive note, i got a reply back from my email to the CEO. A very nice lady from BT executive rang me back and saif that was now being discussed at the ET level and that she would be insuring this is resolved from the top down.

So we shall see.

I have managed to get 4 bars but still only GPRS on my mobile and with my ipad tethered, i can get limited viewing and small replies.

Thank you all for your posts, and pictures, i will respond individually when we get something more usable in respect of bandwidth, but for now accept my thanks in brief.

Those lineside pics are JiT.......just in time, they fit with what we are doing while offline so, spot on ess1uk. :)

I can read in reason, as long as i do not try to swap threads to much and use the mobile version of RM web. It is limited but very welcome.

• Like 1

Does this imply  ................  

that she would be insuring this is resolved from the top down.

.......   they might be going to keep abreast of the matter ........     :jester:  :jester:

Perhaps that is why they are called BT  ......     :angel:  :angel:

Coat is on again  ...  

I don't want to come across all gloomy, but we paid for a new broadband connection to be in place at the beginning f the Autumn term.  It was in place for the beginning of term, just the Spring one.  Thank goodness we had the old connection in place...

Good luck!

Nope

Wires at the futhest pole were too short to use, so unless i tore the cable down to he next pole, i am stuck.

On a positive note, i got a reply back from my email to the CEO. A very nice lady from BT executive rang me back and saif that was now being discussed at the ET level and that she would be insuring this is resolved from the top down.

So we shall see.

Apparently...............the telegraph pole,jumped into the road,on a dark night and was hit by a vehicle......... :O