Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Hi

Yes, apart from the velux x 5 and the end window, I built some stairs to the loft. We have a wifi smoke alarm with direct connection to the fire brigade, and a selection of extinguishers and a couple of fire blankets

It is a good point though, so anyone reading that has a loft layout, bear in mind, what you do if a fire started below you or in the loft.

I'll sleep better in my bed tonight now, hahhah

Bodge :sungum:

You need a checking in security office

med_gallery_17883_2797_506507.jpgrmweb519RAF1

Most of the vehicle were acquired this year there has been some good ones to choose from

med_gallery_17883_2797_206067.jpgrmweb520RAF2

A helipad if you have no room for a full runway, the yellow circle should be bigger than the radius of the largest helicopter blades

med_gallery_17883_2797_546459.jpgrmweb521RAF3

There are numberous 1:72 kits about especially Airfix for up to date NATO people, we went wit the re enactment, because then any painting mistakes were the individuals errors not ours  :sungum:

The white stones are usually painted by people who have been naughty....

Old air raid shelters, our base was a WW2 aerodrome that was shut and then reopened as a helibase, allowing us a whole host of old stuff to be leftovers, and the re enactment allows us a whole host of old vehicles. The rescue helicopter is meant for the cove.

med_gallery_17883_2797_4501.jpgrmweb522RAF4

As it is re enactment we have Navy, Army and RAF in the area. FYI This type of thing is very popular at certain stations especially on the NYM Railway 

med_gallery_17883_2797_200045.jpgrmweb523RAF5

Old planes are popular at the entrance to RAF bases

med_gallery_17883_2797_192388.jpgrmweb524RAF6

We just bought a red arrow, a spitfire and a hurricane, i'll try to remember to snap them, they were on sale at the Modeller, they are cheap, not too certain about the detail. I'll pop them up tomorrow if I get a chance, at least two of them were under £10.00

Some scenic products

med_gallery_17883_2797_87403.jpgrmweb525RAF7

I'll go look for some of my earlier posts and pop up some links, I have some chance of tracking them down....it's like aladdins cave / or a dustbin depending on your point of view  :laugh:

Hi

Yes, apart from the velux x 5 and the end window, I built some stairs to the loft. We have a wifi smoke alarm with direct connection to the fire brigade, and a selection of extinguishers and a couple of fire blankets

It is a good point though, so anyone reading that has a loft layout, bear in mind, what you do if a fire started below you or in the loft.

Hmm..........Did not notice......the "Assembly Point" Notices, last time I stayed over, 

Will sent you detail's for Fireman's Pole,install.................and a quick exit........... :angel:

We did seriously consider a spiral staircase, then realised just how much space they need...but it would have been fun sliding down the bannister, with a thick rug to land on

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......................................

The one we have could be replaced by a lift if we needed help to get upstairs as we get older, whether we'll be able to afford it then is another question!!!!!!

Perhaps we should be paying a lot more attention to acg_mr, freebs and C&WR scratch built hoists ...............

Seriously though they used to do a chair on a rope that could go up and down (think helicopter rescue) I wonder if you could devise something for people who have difficulty climbing into their lofts in later years??? Or a ladder with escalator steps, set it up, plug it in,switch it on, slowly rise towards the heavens........or your personal version of it. 

OOOH Please do NOT devise home made versions of such a hoists, in case it collapses!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Jaz

Nah, you just need a pound of C4 and a clever deflection device to divert you along the loft, when you reach the apex.   :angel:

With that, the pole can be used for coming down. :locomotive:

Edited by Kal

15_BRMweb_Header_Feb_2014a.gif
1 reply to this topic

Hi

The thread Below is one I started and then found it was rubbish, so I asked for it to be deleted, it is now gone as requested, but just before they deleted it , it received one of the funniest replies I have seen this year and so I feel needs to be preserved for future generations.

#1Kal

Posted 07 January 2014 - 15:24

I cannot delete this thread?

Edited by Kal, Yesterday, 12:39 .

Regards

Kal

Arboretum Valley

:acute:click for Jaz and Kal's layout   :acute: 

:victory:

#2Boris
  • photo-thumb-4569.jpg?_r=0
  •  

Posted Today, 11:25

If you want a thread deleted try putting something inappropriate in it, referring to the moderators in a negative way is quite good or putting something lavatorial in there.

You could always go the whole hog and mention leather in the same sentence as your favourite politician (got forbid), although I must admit that the leather Y-fronts I made on one of my "I'm bored" days chafe like hell and only got worn once to the "This is Sparta" fancy dress party I was invited to.  You might also want to invest in a decent spray tan before going to a 300 party as I tried the DIY bottle version and went looking like some kind of brown zebra.

Love, kisses and best of luck with your deletion.

Boris

PS If you press the report button this will probably be deleted now, although don't press the button too often as a really angry hamster live on the other end of the doorbell.

Less glue more soldering.

• Laugh.jpg Funny x 1

fighting3.gif
High Priest to the God of Mischief

It's in the forum rules, no filth, no nudity and all new members must buy all members called Boris a drink.

Edited by Kal
  • Like 1

sorry, I was having an editing crisis, should be ok now

Though in truth, I rarely know what I am on about, so why should you have special treatment  :crazy:

Edited by Kal