Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Well Jaz....

How on earth did I miss the 1954 Post (when so near to those war years)

You have beat Kal with his earlier comment.... I guess!  Does Kal pull you apart with English humour then, or do you just smile and wave.... in hope they think you got the joke.  Sods law going to come back at me now,... you going to tell me Kal is Polish.... :beee:  :locomotive:

I'm now watching Al Murray now due to Kals comments.... :no:  :locomotive:

Jamie

• Like 1

Jaz,

Is there anything else you could use apart from hairspray?  Hairspray is a banned substance in our house as the smell makes me fel sick.  (My wife still has long hair so hairspray is not needed anyway.)

Hi Chris

Your wife could use the air spray then she would have tough enough hair to stop a speeding bullet...

on the other hand there are 4 fingers and a thumb... :no:

Can't think of another spray you could use... at the moment Chris apart from what Jaz recommends....

Jamie

Edited by 7APT7

Hi Jaz

Now I don't believe you either of you, you are from the planet Fullcon and that would make a lot of sense with your layout give-a-ways, lets just start with the 3 decker's bus.  Don't tell me.... you are going to convince me its from a film lol 

I Just so wished I had meet both of you at the show I didn't go to with Peter aka train12...

Perhaps in the future hey...

Jamie

PS: I bet you think I'm Welsh.... ha-ha from Wolverhampton really... or should I say the Black Country

Edited by 7APT7

Canadian clubs all round and a pint of diesel from trigger

27 year he as had that broom.... lol

Quality humour at its best...

(I guess Jaz being from the USA ha-ha would know what a Canadian club is)

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

Can't drink whiskey since I once downed over half a bottle, luckily followed with a street pizza.....the smell now makes me queasy...I still like pizza..

Ours neighbors came over last nite so I mixed up them some Irish whiskeys aal round. What tha heck did they thank an Irish whiskey had init!  There was a Papa murphys waiting for them at home an'aall!

Is it dry yet? ............. The glue!

PS. Am bilingual now BTW 7APT7!!! 

Edited by Sasquatch

post 1970 had the same picture twice, so forthose who don't scroll back I'll add it here as well DOH!

med_gallery_17883_3001_294300.jpgrmweb607trees11

Edit= All my pictures have been so similar recently....that apparently no one noticed ..................... :jester:

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

Jaz,

Is there anything else you could use apart from hairspray?  Hairspray is a banned substance in our house as the smell makes me fel sick.  (My wife still has long hair so hairspray is not needed anyway.)

I did find this stuff useful, ChrisN, but I can't vouch for the odour as I was using it in a freezing garage with Dad's rather wonderful-smelling MG next to me:

IMG_2394.JPG

Oh, and I'm glad to say the rear part of the LWB Hard-Top LR came out fine with some careful masking - I stuck the Tamiya tape on, rubbed it down firmly & cut round with a craft knife before having at it with the rattle can:

IMG_2450.JPG

It was still a bit opaque after a couple of goes, so I masked the whole top half and then sprayed the other side too.

As for Al Murray I find it most amusing, bearing in mind his stage persona, that his Dad was an Army Officer, he is descended from the aristocracy & William Makepeace Thackeray, and was Public School and Oxford educated!

• Like 1

C&WR

Plenty of the top comedians are from the top flight families, one for the army; one for the church; a spare; an' an heir (not necessarily in that order )....well they don't do the church so much nowadays so.......after they come down.......a trip to Edinburgh.....and bingo every ones a comedian  :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

Oh, and I'm glad to say the rear part of the LWB Hard-Top LR came out fine with some careful masking - I stuck the Tamiya tape on, rubbed it down firmly & cut round with a craft knife before having at it with the rattle can:

IMG_2450.JPG

It was still a bit opaque after a couple of goes, so I masked the whole top half and then sprayed the other side too.

I like how you've done the back of the Landie, with aluminium showing through the paint on the floor and wheel arches - looks like every one I've ever been in.

Al,  (Now hoping that was deliberate, or I've just made a fool of myself AGAIN!)

Edited by acg_mr

Thank you both!  I gave the kit a base coat of Humbrol silver, salt masked it, then gave it a spray with a rattle can of Tamiya NATO Green.  When dry I chipped it.

Kal is also correct about the radio - it is to represent a VRC 353.  If you don't mind my hijacking your thread with non-railway matters here's waht it looked like last night when I knocked modelling on the head:

IMG_2451.JPG

The white blobs on the front of the boxes are to represent the tuning dial (large one, bottom left) and the power/gain/test etc dials on the top right.  The big bits of white styrene are to represent the tremendously comfortable seat pads and were painted black last night for fitting when I get home...

Edit to add:

The lateral bars of styrene inside the hard top on my first pic are to represent the angle irons that various bits of Clansman gubbins hung off.  I'll be making some random box-shaped bits to act as TURF, SURF, IBRU etc.

Edited by C&WR
  • Like 2

It was mentioned to me that it would be interesting to see the new layout versus the old layout

med_gallery_17883_3051_592624.jpgrmweb608oldversusnew1

This is an old picture, just prior to the rip up.

The biggest issue here was that the layout which evolved from the track did not have enough room for the Scripps to sit opposite the Aidensfield Arms properly.

The other shops should not be here. And though it might not show it from this picture the front of the Aidensfield arms has a big drop before the flat road.

The photograph makes the best of an awful layout.

The line of bushes are not blended in in any manner what so ever.

This new version might still need some serious work

med_gallery_17883_3001_301331.jpgrmweb268terraforming20

But it is going in the right direction

The full building

712-06.jpgstagwalks.com

712-07.jpg

712-07.jpgstagalks.com

087-F.jpg

087-F.jpggeolocation.com

339-F.jpggeolocation.com

490-F.jpggeolocation.com

relationship

med_gallery_17883_2781_651262.pnggoogle maps

• Like 1

Thank you both! I gave the kit a base coat of Humbrol silver, salt masked it, then gave it a spray with a rattle can of Tamiya NATO Green. When dry I chipped it.

Kal is also correct about the radio - it is to represent a VRC 353. If you don't mind my hijacking your thread with non-railway matters here's waht it looked like last night when I knocked modelling on the head:

IMG_2451.JPG

The white blobs on the front of the boxes are to represent the tuning dial (large one, bottom left) and the power/gain/test etc dials on the top right. The big bits of white styrene are to represent the tremendously comfortable seat pads and were painted black last night for fitting when I get home..

Edit to add:

The lateral bars of styrene inside the hard top on my first pic are to represent the angle irons that various bits of Clansman gubbins hung off. I'll be making some random box-shaped bits to act as TURF, SURF, IBRU etc.

Hi jack away if your gonna put such interesting things here. That is sooooo cool. Could we have close up on the radios when you can

Are you gonna make it into a rebro?

Edited by Kal

I have a habit of making the photograph lie, this looks so much better than the model was .....

med_gallery_17883_3051_100475.jpgrmweb609oldvnew2

med_gallery_17883_3001_402629.jpgrmweb565oldvnew92

The space seems big but it will be tight, but I think a cameo shot is doable

med_gallery_17883_2781_143795.pnggooglemaps

• Like 2