Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Reference, reference, reference.

On first look, this seems okay,I now have space in front of scripps for filling up with petrol, the side road takes two cars, the main road takes two cars, there is enough room for parking in front of Aidensfield Arms.

The green grass next to Scripps is in place and on the other side of the road. A small edge has been left to make kerb stones. The car park to road in front of Aidensfield has a very small deep set kerb stone..so the height is ok.

med_gallery_17883_3001_119420.jpgrmweb691terraforming181

med_gallery_17883_3001_109101.jpgrmweb692terrforming182

There I was happily referencing some of the pictures, when I decided to google maps.....another AAAAAArrrrrgggghhh!

I've noticed a mistake, move Aidensfield slightly left, move Scripps slightly tight....how did I miss that,  picture from a single point can be very misleading.

You'll see I have touched up 3 (and a little 4th) where I have misread photos....the other stuff as you see dried nicely, so tomorrow I hope to re cut these to a better shape

I still have to make some compromises thought, Scripps relationship could be set by the grass to first roof window, or it's relationship to Aidensfieilds Arms opposite, or the little side road down the Pub which is due to have a cattle grid added. I must allow space for the missing extensions. And Am still not bedding in buildings, until I can get all the cross relationships to work.

I replace the tree for a conifer, but in the pictures, there are 2 thinner possibly smaller conifers. Looks like I have to scratch build to conifers.

And to the side of scripps I have the old red petrol pump, which nowadays is around the side with the head missing. But if I want the other pump it looks like a scratch build...luckily it is a boxy product and probably not two difficult to make (cross fingers.....may be begging Westerhamstation or acg_mr or Freebs for advice) Sasquatch did Harry Potters Honeydukes...but I have not noticed a Scripps garage.....Tomorrow dry filler, re-sculpt repaint retest. We are getting closer.

Ok it's either those weird topiary trees at the church or some Police House research. Hang on Horse first.

med_gallery_17883_3001_103545.jpgrmweb693terraforming183

• Like 4

The last picture being the plastic Presier ones? Or the last one of the metal donkeys?

Oops, hope I haven't said the wrong thing!  I meant the Preiser ones as the others are a bit glossy (although that could be the flash) - fine for a thoroughbred but doesn't say "donkey" to me!

Oh lol either was ok, I would have been satisfied wit hthe metal ones were better than before. I did not actually touch up the Presier ones because at the moment I am satisfied that they are reasonably ok. So all is good lol.

Thanks for numbering the photographs when there are a few it is much easier. I name mine because if they go down, here on RMweb you can edit and put them back up, my numbering system means I know exactly which one is effected.

Hi Both,

For Britfarmer, this might provide a suitable skinny, misery Plod Sgt  ...  a Bachmann set

I think Jaz may already have the set, as the brave one going out in Yorkshire without a jacket has been seen lurking in the streets somewhere  .....

http://www.osbornsmodels.com/Bachmann-scenecraft-36-041-oo-scale-police--security-staff-6-3966-p.asp

http://www.ehattons.com/22239/Bachmann_Branchline_36_041_Police_security_staff_x_6_/StockDetail.aspx

Edit - 1. put in URL  -  doh! + 2. ones that might work

Edited by jcredfer
  • Like 1

Some other figures I have dulled down

I have used some Citadel shades to add some shadows, because these were taken under fluorescence light they don't show them off as well as they might. Also the horse (white metal) will be  getting a new lick of paint it was painted at least a year ago and is quite naff, but its head matches the stable boys hand height.

med_gallery_17883_3001_281616.jpgrmweb676terraforming166

med_gallery_17883_3001_273197.jpgrmweb677terraforing167

med_gallery_17883_3001_219812.jpgrmweb678terraforming168

I wasn't too happy with the horse, so with the help of some superglue, some tissue paper and some black paint and some weathering shade, a little make over.

med_gallery_17883_3001_111790.jpgrmweb649terraforming184

med_gallery_17883_3001_353804.jpgrmweb695terrforming185

To e honest the horse s still a bit red, although horses often photograph quite glossy, the main and tail appear to be hairy, and the last two show where i have added shadow to the shirt. It might not be a massive improvement, but as long as we improve by baby steps rather than going backwards it is an improvement.

• Like 4

As I said nothing wrong with the donkeys themselves.  Both types are lovely, & I mustn't let my Irish mother (who always wanted a donkey & a pig at the bottom of the garden to philosophise with) see them or my layout could be over run ;)   It's just the Langley ones could look a bit less polished!

Yeah I agree, I tried the satin and the matt on a small are and thought it was going the right way. 

You know why Irish people (I too have Irish roots I hasten to say before I get shot down) like pigs and donkeys to philosophise with? They have half a chance of winning the discussion if it turns in to an argument :angel:

Jaz, Kal

To try and reduce my RmWeb time, I stopped following AV a while ago. :O  Now I wish I hadn't. It's taken me so long to read all that has changed, I've lost even more time. :O

Seriously impressed with how the layout has improved and is progressing and the small individual details that put it into a different league compared to others. :sungum:  :sungum: :sungum:  :sungum:  

Duncan

emt_911

Thank you. We do try to listen to our readers, and many of them have provided us with good ideas, in materials, railway knowhow, modelling in general, and themes (TV Films etc). We will happily steal loops I mean copy great ideas off other peoples threads, the first page of yours shows the interesting  idea of salt weather, which we have recently seen on a friends thread.....I'll be round soon to check your thread out for other good ideas...... :triniti: .............................. :jester: the only good news we almost always admit where we have found our muse :sungum:

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

We have a copper / bobby / policeman 

Policeman plod (I'm not sure which Heartbeat copper is plump enough to be portrayed by this , but this is not an officer but a plod) having parked outside the pub, is now checking out another Anglia

I don't think it should be parked there

med_gallery_17883_3001_37560.jpgrmweb696terraforming186

Policeman plod having moved on the anglia owner

is now mooching around in the church grounds looking for vandalism...ummm where are the grave stones??!!!!

med_gallery_17883_3001_444216.jpgrmweb697terrforming187

clearly he has seen all he needs to see....or not see.......he is off to make a report

med_gallery_17883_3001_51200.jpgrmweb698terraforming188

ah....a quick drop in at the police house, for lunch maybe?

med_gallery_17883_3001_23039.jpgrmweb699terraforming189

apparently he can't get in....forgotten his keys???

med_gallery_17883_3001_540727.jpgrmweb700terraforming190

No lunch, not in a good mood, a hippie van, home paint job......must check the documents.....

med_gallery_17883_3001_458331.jpgrmweb703terraforming193

documents please.......

med_gallery_17883_3001_372126.jpgrmweb701terraforming191

seems all ok...everything in order.....shift almost over......cars at the pub....seems like a plan.....pub meal.......

med_gallery_17883_3001_215100.jpgrmweb702terraforming192

• Like 6

Oh lol either was ok, I would have been satisfied wit hthe metal ones were better than before. I did not actually touch up the Presier ones because at the moment I am satisfied that they are reasonably ok. So all is good lol.

Thanks for numbering the photographs when there are a few it is much easier. I name mine because if they go down, here on RMweb you can edit and put them back up, my numbering system means I know exactly which one is effected.

Hey Kal

and I do apologies Jaz, but Kal, did you read what Jaz put, is Jaz having a bad day or what,

Jaz you must be the first woman I have ever herd say 'I am satisfied' that as to be a first for me Kal, good job I was leaning on my desk or I would have fell on the floor.  But to be honest Kal...Jaz did put the words 'at the moment' in front of it, so may be short lived. :nono:  :triniti:

cutting it fine I know Jaz but it will be you Kal who will get it in the neck if you agree, so tread carefully mate. :stinker:

Humour where would we be without it.... that's right Jaz.... FRANCE,,,, :locomotive:

Keep smiling...

Jamie

Edited by 7APT7

Jamie  ........................

Humour where would we be without it.... that's right Jaz................ FRANCE,,,,

I can only assume that this is where you are heading to keep out of the way of the Flack which will be heading in your direction   ............   :O

Keep smiling   ....................   and a good all-round lookout   ...........................             ..............................      ........................                     .........          ...