Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Well .... I thought were a bit nutty on here and then, I came across this while looking for the wheels bins from doctor who.

This thread now seems......well.... Quite normal now.

Edited by Kal

I won't ask

Don't.

- there are Laws... I visualise Jaz, cackling over her cauldron and texting the RSPCA :threaten:   :mail:   :butcher:  :triniti: (just thought I'd mix a few metaphorical emoticons before my PC goes down with a hexed virus)

Edited by Brass0four

Hi Jaz,

Any progress on the water front or tree making or the FRENCH BMW....

Man that was hard having to spell the country out, I need counselling now by Al Murray...

Yet Germany is ok, but where would we be if Germany had won the 1944-45 conflict... ha-ha

(see what I did there, a little bit of Del Boy and granddad) dare not say 'during in the war'... :notme: 

Where would we be.... still here, that's where.

The ONLY difference would be, is this would be written all in ,,,, what.... that's right FRENCH... :lol_mini:  :victory:

Jamie

Edited by 7APT7

Interesting to see you're reading KL, Kal...wondered where you'd been inspired about the finescale track. I'd noticed you reading, but always assumed you were up to date, not playing catch up...I've been at it for a week now, and after skim-reading the chatty stuff, I'm on page 310... It's inspirational stuff!

Edited by freebs
  • Like 1

Physicsman has a layout thread Kirby Luneside

KL otherwise known as  Kirby Luneside KL2 ponderings 

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/53448-kirkby-luneside-kl2-ponderings/&do=findComment&comment=637466

THe layout

Lunester Lounge

The associated chat thread (in an attempt to keep the layout thread focused this was born for their mad mutterings. 

(FYI dt I think you will sympathise with this seeing as how your thread in another place, was our focus for fun, and was over run by everyone and anyone wanting a joke while you  maintained your layout within.

(FYI Julian I think you will like this one.........)

Luneside readers / posters became known as lunesters and from there the Lunester Lounge was inaugurated. (so is my understanding. Jeff / Physicsman (or indeed any Lunester) feel free to correct this if I'm inaccurate) 

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/67999-lunester-lounge/&do=findComment&comment=940777

Kal is salivating over the layout thread Kirby Luneside, as it has a lot of discussions pertaining to layout build, track choices, scratch builds, viaducts to name a few.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

Kal is salivating over the layout thread Kirby Luneside, as it has a lot of discussions pertaining to layout build, track choices, scratch builds, viaducts to name a few.

I'm just wondering where on earth I can stick a viaduct!

• Like 1

There are a few kicking around. Having seen one in the flesh tin, I think they are some sort of (Chinese?) ornamental pastiche. As such. I quite like em - in a steam-punk sorta way.

As discussed on the eBay madness thread these might be quite vintage models scratchbuilt in the austerity period of the late '40s/early '50s.  I think they ahve a certain charm & could imagine a nipper of the time (when railways were less accessible) being absolutely delighted what a kindly uncle had knocked up in the shed.

[New World Symphony]

As a child in the early '70s I had an awful lot of wooden toys made by my father's uncle who was a real crafstman.  I don't remember his workshop, but Dad has very clear memories of Uncle John's foot-pedal powered jigsaw.  

We have boxes of the stuff in the loft at home.  When cash was a bit tight these toys were a joy and much nicer than a lot of the plastic tat that The Small Controller has been given by well meaning friends, with the added bonus that they were made with love!

[/New World Symphony]

BTW, we have a line for my sister.  "You have enough shoes and too many handbags".  Then again as she works in the City every hour that God sends and hasn't had a holiday undisturbed by the office in something like ten years I guess it's not our job to tell her how to spend her dosh!

• Like 2

HI dt

I like that walkway, unless someone was comparing side beside I do not think they would notice the differences.

I would do what we do and go with it and, when the layout is done, you can always go back and change things as you have time.

• Like 1