Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

No he's right we never barny on the forum, we often run something past the other one before posting (I got the candy song 3 times before you saw it  :jester: ) Luckily for him I don't take after the female ancestors on my mums side....stories abound of pots and pans being thrown at....spouses...kids...etc.... I swore at my mum once (nothing dreadful) and she threw her hot cup of tea and the saucer at me (dad had to redecorate....he agreed I deserved to duck) Kal and I are quite placid by comparison....very few dents in our house (I'm too mean to throw things resulting in them being breakable) We do tease each other a lot. Falling out in our houses usually results in silences and dirty looks...and me threatening to spit in his tea!!!! :jester:

• RMweb Gold

You forget CWR is soooooo old, one weekend couldn't cover it.   :jester:

So what you're saying is, they have to notify NORAD before lighting the candles on his cake, in case they detect it as a launch signature?

While I was going through the process, and had the materials to hand I also sorted out the join and some road defects here

med_gallery_17883_3001_46657.jpgrmweb712 terraforming198

A bit of shading and I think I ca finally add the road markings here.

med_gallery_17883_3001_370951.jpg

• Like 2

WHOA HOSS!!, Jet back a bit!

Did I just read that you are celebrating your birthday over TWO weekends?

You know what I did last birthday? I got home from work at 7 in the evening with a Chinese Takeaway and gulped it down whilst trawling through a bunch of firewall logs trying to find the cause of a network issue :(

I'm obviously not doing it right :(

I feel for you, Al!  Anyway, what is this firewall log of which you speak?  My other Northern chum described his birthday thus:

"Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when I got home, our Dad and our mother killed me and danced about on my grave singing Hallelujah!"

In seriousness on m actual birthday (which falls midweek) I'll be completing two statutory returns to our regulatory body which are due on the Friday and then when I get home celebrating by scrubbing The Small Controller's rugby boots in the darkness of the garden!  I actually worked out that I spent nearly every birthday from the age of 19 until I retired from the TA in the field as well!

I am actually very fortunate that I have a good bunch of people who want to come & raise a glass with me.  These were the same people who clubbed together to get my camera last year which is why my pictures have got better!

You forget CWR is soooooo old, one weekend couldn't cover it.   :jester:

Put it like this, when I joined up and they asked us to number off it went I, II, III, IV, V, VI...

... I suspect the double weekend birthday is either down to numbers being squeezed in or availability of family members....  C&WR I hope you have a really nice couple of weekends.

Bang on, and thank you Jaz for your best wishes!  I used to have a country birthday dinner & a London one to fit in the family & friends split between the two places. What we're up to isn't all that exotic, just a bite to eat & a bit of banter...

Agist Jokes

The Government is investigating deceptive sweepstakes practices. These companies 
target the elderly and make them think they will receive a bunch of money, 
but in reality they never see any of it.

The most popular of these scams is called Social Security and Pensions

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

I hope you get 4 handbags for your birthday too, C&WR.. :)

I've got 10 days left of being in my 30s….

Four handbags?  I'll be lucky to get fork handles!

So what you're saying is, they have to notify NORAD before lighting the candles on his cake, in case they detect it as a launch signature?

See above, I asked for four candles...

Actually perhaps there was a reason  was allowed to go on a Cabinet Office Disaster Management course normally reserved for Colonels and above!

Hey    CW&R

I have heard that the best thing about being old and senile.....is you can hide yer own Easter Eggs..... :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

Hide what?  Why, is there going to be a party?

Errmmmm......he's not a military collector is he? I don't fancy finding the wrong end of a tank poking through my window!!!!!!!! Especially as he know's how to use it!!!!!!!

Good gracious, I didn't know how to make it work.  I had soldiers to do all the rough, unpleasant stuff ;)

• RMweb Gold

"Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when I got home, our Dad and our mother killed me and danced about on my grave singing Hallelujah!"

Luxury!!

...and you tell that to the youth of today, and they don't believe you!...

:D

I have painted the man to go with the toy boat

plus the grass is building up here, the pale grass in the front has drooped a little and will need touching up, but as I have loads to do here, it is not a problem

med_gallery_17883_3001_384136.jpgrmweb713terraforming199

• Like 3

Hold on Kal said you had a broom stick yesterday...

Hey Kal L&H clip is good mate, so you seem to enjoyed it putting those base boards together, even though it looked very much like a window.

quality mate... we need more clips to pass the time away while Jaz is on tyre duty. :senile: or at least more photos to look at... lol

Jamie