Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

I'm sure you remember this, I only just loaded it last page

med_gallery_17883_3001_361917.jpgrmweb718figures3

WE thought he was waiting to steal someones train layout from the man cave / shed.....boo.....hissss!!!!!

But no it would appear to be worse than that!

Heartbeat is a wash with police cars!!!!

med_gallery_17883_3001_468091.jpgrmweb720terraforming202

More colouring, still plenty to go but it is coming into focus...

med_gallery_17883_3001_220140.jpgrmweb721terraforming203

The continuity guy with the filming crew.......is likely to get fired!!!

This piece of filming will have to end up on the floor.....

Kal and Jazz  I'm sure your donkeys are well cared for  but as a part of Cash for local action by the British government and the local council of ABV I'm sure a local donkey sanctuary could have a Donkey Inspector Safety&Health   inspecting them with a van or car from the film set and save the Film Set guys  problem . As for the inspector HE or She could be quite a dish    :jester:

Edited by dana
  • Like 4

J

That e bay product is an interesting product I have not seen before, from a distance that would look quite good. Thank you for highlighting it, photographed at a distance slightly out of focus I think this could be useful. I will check the range out.

I like (and use) a lot of Langley Models stuff, but the model sitting on that particular bike is awful IMO (makes me think of John Wyndhams; The Chrysalids; the Spider man; the rejected mutant brother with the really long arms and legs!!!!) Which is a shame because the hat etc is so typical.

I have one motorcycle up at the RAF base which can move down here. We have the RAC motorbike.

Terraforming

With the help of the broken hacksaw blade in picture, I have carved out a permanent site for Scripps Garage

med_gallery_17883_3001_528689.jpgrmweb276terraforming210

​You'll notice I allowed only for the walls, because there are open doorways, I don't want a gapping hole and I hope to get some 'working' mechanic photographs.

​The foundations will be painted (to stop the PIR glaring through) once dried retested, and tonight PVA to strengthen, and tomorrow Scripps garage has a permanent home.

The aim is to stop the building 'float', BUT not set it too deep.I tidied this with a cheap sanding block.also in picture (10 for £1, available at Poundland or similar)

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 4

Well the poor devil is working during the day, still the money he earns allows me to potter around......He tends to put up stuff between e-mails and meetings, so he can't do any serious stuff during the working day. Hence the you tube research. 

I have now done both scripps and Aidensfield arms, the colouring is partly for scenery, but also so it is easier for you to see what I have done.

med_gallery_17883_3001_665785.jpgrmweb279terraforming

The grey outline of Aidensfield Arms, has a rectangle next to it, where the Aidensfield extn will eventually sit.

• Like 4

Hi

I have been adding an index of interesting? things on post 1.

Could viewers if they have a time and let me know, if the links are:

Helpful, descriptive and if there are any they would like and if possible what post they were.

Edited by Kal
  • Like 1

Cool

My Set of TTA Weedkiller Water tanks have just arrived :)

Need to dig out my Hunslett Barclay's and chip them tonight, so I can have a play this evening if I still have the energy.  :senile:

• Like 1

A quick test before painting the foundations, you can see with the mechanics paraphernalia in place this will take a nice 'working' photo.

med_gallery_17883_3001_101126.jpgrmweb277terraforming211

I doubt I will even need to paint the interior of this Bachmann Ltd Ed resin building.

med_gallery_17883_3001_213044.jpgrmweb278terraforming212

edit = Kal has said if I want electrics in it I will probably have to paint the interior or the light will show through.

Edited by Jaz

Yesterday we were discussing cars, and i have had a root around.....

Here you see a more modern hearse than the Scripps Funerals one although this is from about this era, and a wedding car, and a couple of other luxury cars for reference.and church occasions

med_gallery_17883_3001_598100.jpgrmweb281cars

more luxury cars...E type Jags

med_gallery_17883_3001_45056.jpgrmweb280cars1

some cars that could be recoloured to imitate Heartbeat vehicles, and I found I do have a police mini - just in the wrong colour

med_gallery_17883_3001_221528.jpgrmweb282cars3

the grey mini is one...that we need, although it has a blue light only, not a police sign as well

2012-Cars.jpgaidensfieldstores.co.uk

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 6

A number of cars useable on the Heartbeat tribute layout

Many pictures of Scripps Garage have a pale blue morris, we have a dark blue and a cream at the moment.

med_gallery_17883_3001_308292.jpgrmweb283cars4

A number, but by no means all of our police cars

med_gallery_17883_3001_673020.jpgrmweb284cars5

A selection of vehicles suitable for Greengrasses camping site, you notice the country gentleman stood goggle eyed at the two sun bathers....don't think it's the bloke he is interested in....but you never know.

med_gallery_17883_3001_438732.jpgrmweb285cars6

• Like 7

No ********* wonder in this weather  ................      :O  :O  :O

how can you tell how cold it is from that distance? 

You must be a voy-eur extraordinaire  :pilot:

Edited by Kal

Oi!!!! Selling one of his beloved diesels won't go down well........

Where will that leave me???? On E bay????

For sale (or hire) one professionally weathered Female.???

Sporadic at tidying, half baked at cooking, but will work tirelessly on Model scenery if provided with a bed for the night and 2 decent meals.........

So.....unique limited edition has never run in anger, bidding starts 99p

• RMweb Premium

No no Kal.  That's mine that is!

Nice one Will! The LNER livery is due next month. Lucky for me as I brought an N2 chassis to go under a 3D printed N1 and am after a Bachmann 57/97 chassis for a Lima J50 upgrade.

I,ve gone all Gt. Northern, reasons revealed shortly!!!! :sungum:

Jaz. Will you be modeling the York scooter club Mods on their Lambrettas. No Heartbeat theme would be complete without them. 

post-8964-0-30718200-1390496966.jpg

• Like 1

Lucky for me as I brought an N2 chassis to go under a 3D printed N1 and am after a Bachmann 57/97 chassis for a Lima J50 upgrade.

What language is that you are speaking? N1 J50 N2,  sounds like a range of washing machines?  :dontknow: