Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

• RMweb Gold

Interesting coincidence, my brother and I were having a laugh last weekend with the "FWEE WODERWICK" bit, and my daughter was (as usual) wondering what sort of insanity she's inherited, so I put Life of Brian on for her to watch...

Does this count as cruelty to children??

• Like 3

The Small Controller's latest enthusiasm is Blackadder.  The rude bits fly completely over his head, so we can enjoy it together at different levels.

A bonus is that he won't be given a demerit at School for inappropriate language if he announces that someone is "as irritating as a potted cactus in a monkey's pyjamas".  He's only seven & nearly got it off pat...

Edited by C&WR
  • Like 3

The Small Controller's latest enthusiasm is Blackadder.  The rude bits fly completely over his head, so we can enjoy it together at different levels.

A onus is that he won't be given a demerit at School for inappropriate language if he announces that someone is "as irritating as a potted cactus in a monkey's pyjamas".  He's only seven & nearly got it off pat...

Cool I love their work, some of the best documentaries I ever saw.

This one in particular is just as I remember it:

Cool I love their work, some of the best documentaries I ever saw.

This one in particular is just as I remember it:

I haven't got to "...Goes Forth" yet, am saving that treat for when he can really appreciate it.

I did serve with an Officer named Loveys, so we used to amuse the Troops at morning parde by greeting each other, "Morning, Loveys!"  "Morning, Darling!"  Actually when I say amuse I probably mean get them to scratch their heads and mutter about these two camp loons, but when I go back to the Unit now I am still pretty fondly remembered for and reminded of my eccentricities...

• Like 2

Thank-you Darling

We had a Quartermaster  called Major Pratt and an OC Troop called Major Payne

One of my old bosses was on that Scrap Yard Challenge, Dick Strawbridge, he was something of a Rugby man too.

• Like 1

Fisherman, A dart Casting Fisherman ....I'll look for the number, he has a fishing reel in his hand and you need some metal to pop in the end

and the two repainted collies

Although I have made him look like a country gent / perhaps retired officer. Tarquin perhaps? (FYI King of Rime Tarquinius)

med_gallery_17883_3001_13607.jpgrmweb716figures1

And a crueler closeup

med_gallery_17883_3001_441489.jpgrmweb717figures2\

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

I knew a Major Pain.  That he was still a hardcore triathlete in his 50s says something about the man - he was probably the fittest in the HQ by a fairly long shot.

There was also a funny thread on The Army Rumour Service about silly/unfortunate names.  Now one of these was a Warrant Officer named Coomber.  He was in one of the posts where they were described by their post not their rank, and his post was "Q"...

Monty Python, Black Adder, true classic humour.

For me though worthy successor and even more surprising an American production …. Big Bang Theory (especially considering our hobbies) is a contemporary Genius

Ammie is may favourite, but Sheldon is the classic :

Small and irritating

This yellow skip was irritating me, so whilst messing with paints, I added a touch of yellow over the scratches to try and make it look less contrived

med_gallery_17883_3001_69966.jpgrmweb708painting1

The chances are most won't notice the difference or even care, but it made me happy  :sungum:

I will at some time add a little rust

med_gallery_17883_3001_168532.jpgrmweb709painting2

• Like 4

Hmmm dt

Not sure everyone agrees, we lost two people following the thread today. But we is, what we is..... and don't expect to be to everyone's taste.

Where would we be if the rules wouldn't allow you to have fun on your own layout thread?

Scott you know the answer to this one. :)

mmmmm

mmmmmmmm 

mmmmmmmmmm

mm                       mm

mmT--------------Tmm

mm!__0__T__0__mm

mm          w          mm                  J A Z

mm  .                  . mm

mm    . ZIPPED.   mm

mm       .  .....  .    mm

mm                      mm 

zipped-lips2.jpg