Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

At last a space  .................

For Kals 40th I spent 6 months in advance ensuring his family would ALL be available for the day.

WHAT!!  ..............................   he's  .....................................................  Naaa  ...............................................    over 40?    ............................     :no2:

I'm off to lie down and get over the shock   ............................     :tease:

NOPE  ......................   you aren't!!

But I know you 'ain't  ...................................................................................................................................................    unless?  ............................      :O

• RMweb Gold

Soo much to comment on.

I have my email notifications on 'Only when not online' & I never log out so I don't get none.

As for birthdays, I managed to get them to declare my birthday as a public holiday, although the holiday is probably to remember someone more famous and important than me.

I used to work in a Hospital in Romford in Essex, and once phoned the Royal Devon & Exeter in Wonford, Exeter.  You can imagine the confusion when I told the operator I was phoning from a hospital in Romford, "No," she replied, "You can't be we're in Wonford."

Glad to see Jaz is keeping up the modelling input to the thread with her stunning work.

• Like 4

I'm sure you remember this, I only just loaded it last page

med_gallery_17883_3001_361917.jpgrmweb718figures3

WE thought he was waiting to steal someones train layout from the man cave / shed.....boo.....hissss!!!!!

But no it would appear to be worse than that!

Heartbeat is a wash with police cars!!!!

med_gallery_17883_3001_468091.jpgrmweb720terraforming202

More colouring, still plenty to go but it is coming into focus...

med_gallery_17883_3001_220140.jpgrmweb721terraforming203

The continuity guy with the filming crew.......is likely to get fired!!!

This piece of filming will have to end up on the floor.....

• Like 6

It would appear our hoodie is cornered 

med_gallery_17883_3001_3520.jpgrmweb722terraforming204

and the police are everywhere

med_gallery_17883_3001_106816.jpgrmweb273terraforming205

just a matter of time

med_gallery_17883_3001_74316.jpgrmweb273terrforming206

concrete...do you like the cracks?

med_gallery_17883_3001_34281.jpgrmweb274terraforming207

• Like 1

The Heartbeat scene is looking really good. A good collection of vehicles you have there. The only ones missing are the red Morris truck and Scripps taxi service.

Edited by @Jc
  • Like 4

Hi Jaz

The days with no side walks of kerb stones hey, when there were more people than cars.

Great photos and than you for sharing all you modelling technique with us all Jaz.

Jamie

Edited by 7APT7
  • Like 1

The Heartbeat scene is looking really good. A good collection of vehicles you have there. The only ones missing are the red Morris truck and Scripps taxi service.

Hi john

We do have a truck , but not really the correct one, and we also have some old taxi's so need to check them to see which fit.

Well spotted, if you can think of others let us know.

We also have at least one beetle for Gina's second car but not sure if it was white.

Will get the BMW impala, if we can find one at a decent price

• Like 2

wow Jaz

How spot on is that, You modelling is superb, I have to say.  even the building are the same, have you had to scratch build most of your building then, as none don't seem to be straight from the shelf

Jamie

@Jc   post2365

We have sourced several of the cars, albeit in the wrong colours, once we get close to finishing some of those will have to be re painted, n the meantime we are holding out in case we can source them in the right colours.

I would love to find the red van of Greengrasses / Davids.

We know about Gina's Isetta, but they was like 20£ or £10 but £10 postage, and twenty pounds is a ridiculous price for a 1:87 Wiking HO

WE could buy from Germany, but prefer UK purchases.

W have a motorbike but no old fashioned copper to ride it.

We have the morris minor that sits near scripps but not in pale blue

I want Blaketons police car.

The grey mini police car. Just the grey mini would be good. All our minis are normal and not appropriate.

And many others..........

There is some in 1:43 I could do a small O gauge and cheat, but it really is not my preference, although the scope for detail would be lovely.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

Yes Jaz

Tell me about it with :1:87 scale prices, even when I went to warly show in 2009, they were ridiculous, how people spend that kind of money as something so small, the KiBri stuff is the same to, they have some excellent Network rail track repair loco/wagon type vehicles like the tamper machines etc. but they cost an arm and a leg, then you have to build the thing, for the price they charge I would expect straight out the box and ready to run for what they charge.

All good stuff both to Kal and you Jaz for the efforts you put in to this layout.

Jamie

• Like 1

wow Jaz

How spot on is that, You modelling is superb, I have to say.  even the building are the same, have you had to scratch build most of your building then, as none don't seem to be straight from the shelf

Jamie

Hi

The two buildings are Bachmann limited editions, but we will need to scratch build the two extension either side of the pub, and add some details.

They also need rooms putting in, so that when I add lights it looks authentic rather than Blackpool illuminations, so that will be an interesting project.

I am also wondering, how I could add curtains that are DCC controlled so they close at night with the light shining through, but are open during the day. Probably needs some pub sounds at night too.

Anyway, try not run before we walk, but as always more ideas than time.

• Like 2

Hi Kal

It all sounds very interesting mate, and that's an excellent idea about the DCC curtains, something that isn't been thought of yet... well to my knowledge anyway.

If you get that to work, copy write it and sell it. I would buy those type of items as, like you say its not Blackpool you want it to look like but just normal life like.

Jamie

You know - that Google Maps photo looks just like the real layout!

Just read the comment about working curtains. You could rig them up with a string and pulley to a simple servo arm. There are plans on the web on how to wire it all up so it works in both directions. Complicated though. I am sure you will think of something simpler. Perhaps a variation on the wire in tube to push / pull them from side to side?

Edited by artizen
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Just been catching up and just have to comment on these:

post-8964-0-21211100-1390457115.jpg

This chappie looks like a Yorkshire man I worked for on Saturday mornings when 13 or so(Cutting grass, washing cars and windows etc). 

One day the Red Arrows flew over and he piped up "I used to fly planes during the war you know" "Squadron leader what".

Yup. Squadron leader Foggett, all he needs is a pipe and posh Yorkshire accent.

post-8964-0-31858200-1390457447.jpg

Ee's from Romford, init!

Great stuff as always..........

Squatch

• Like 2