Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

The bronze soft topped VW beetle could be re coloured white for one of Gina's car.

med_gallery_17883_3001_193433.jpgrmweb286cars7

Lord Ashfordly once owned a Jaguar,  ours is in white DOH!

HB%20Cars%20004.jpgclassicvehiclesunlimited.co.uk morris.jpg

We have a landrover, albeit a flatbed (across the road)

We have a motorbike (on RAF base)

We have a black police car (behind the VW beetles)

med_gallery_17883_3001_193072.jpgrmweb287cars8

gridlock!!!!!!

med_gallery_17883_3001_266808.jpgrmweb288cars9

As you can see we have plenty to choose from for refreshing the layout.

FYI The Aidensfield Arms is sat here only whilst its home dries out......

I would love to get Blaketons police car

60sCars4.jpgaidensfieldstore.co.uk

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

Hi Kal, Jaz & co.,

Well...I've been reading this thread for a while, and there's some really inspirational modelling mixed in with silliness...although I think the modelling is sooooo good I can put up with the other bit ;)

Ta, Jack.

• Like 1

Thank-you Darling

We had a Quartermaster  called Major Pratt and an OC Troop called Major Payne

One of my old bosses was on that Scrap Yard Challenge, Dick Strawbridge, he was something of a Rugby man too.

Dickie Strawbridge seems to have been everyone's boss at some stage, he was OC of one of the Sqns when I was at AAC Harrogate in the late 80s.
  • Like 1

Dickie Strawbridge seems to have been everyone's boss at some stage, he was OC of one of the Sqns when I was at AAC Harrogate in the late 80s.

Yep he seems to have got around more than chalkie white and dusty miller.

Planes and now  ...   Automobiles   .....   ??

................................    Eerr  ..........................     is that  ...........

Plane Automobiles    .......    plain Automobiles    ..........    or Automobile Planes  ............  maybe a Plane with an Automobile in it  ..........     :scratchhead:

Maybe Dumbledore has been playing fast and loose with his Wand  .....     

................................   could you please explane .... explain .........   eerr  ......    :nomention:

Hi Kal, Jaz & co.,

Well...I've been reading this thread for a while, and there's some really inspirational modelling mixed in with silliness...although I think the modelling is sooooo good I can put up with the other bit ;)

Ta, Jack.

Hi Jack and welcome

Thanks, the humour puts off the ne'er do wells. People find it hard to be annoying when no one takes them seriously ;)

Here, people can say what they feel without retribution, but if they are being a numpty, then they have to be able to take a ribbing. Think of it as a nugget tax. ;)

Nothing in life worth having, comes without a price :)

• Like 2

Planes and now ... Automobiles ..... ??

................................ Eerr .......................... is that ...........

Plane Automobiles ....... plain Automobiles .......... or Automobile Planes ............ maybe a Plane with an Automobile in it .......... :scratchhead:

Maybe Dumbledore has been playing fast and loose with his Wand .....

................................ could you please explane .... explain ......... eerr ...... :nomention:

J

Are you thread surfing again? There is a button top and bottom of this page, takes you back and forward through the pages. Click it and you will find them all :jester:

Edited by Kal

I presume ............................

Yep he seems to have got around more than chalkie white and dusty miller.

........................................  he turned down his invitation to provide Servicing Cover for the Airport Open Day then  ................      :superman:

Edit

PS. Surfin'    .......................    not in this B weather   ..........................    anyway Salisbury is only part flooded   ............  and the nearest decent size flood is up on the A303   ...      :dancer:

Edited by jcredfer
  • Like 1

Hi

I am going to have to find a place on the layout for Dickie, shiney head, big moustache, Barbour jacket etc.

question is do we do, Dickie as a scalie Rupert , with a bucket in the third half, or with kryten in a scrap yard.

Votes on a postcard...

Edited by Kal
  • Like 2

Your computer has just delivered your Electronic Postcard, Sir.

Apparently it is permissible to view it upon the Minotor Scream, Sir  .....

Will that be all, Sir  ........

Certainly, Sir, I will put on my best size Tens, to effect a goodly kick  .......

Your Postcard here  ......

"Rupert" ......

[that's 3 votes from here   .......   and what's more Mini Driver is used to gettin' 'er way  .........   know wot I mean  ..............    :girldevil:     ?]

On the military arena. I went to a briefing several years ago where we all had to introduce ourselves.

Three from the same unit stood up and introduced themselves;

'We are 3 queens' For some reason it caused quite a bit of laughter. Don't know why. Honest.

Duncan

Hi

Welcome gymole, do not be overly impressed, we are still learning, having only got in the hobby only a few years ago. We started off on a track mat and it just sort of went from there. We have got so much to learn and we get a lot of help from people commenting on here and in other layout threads, There are some real experts out there and I sit in awe, many nights.

As with anything, there can be donkeys, so my advice from bitter experience is, avoid the contentious threads, they never lead to any good.

Layout and workbench threads on the whole are much more friendly and attract a more balanced crowd.

Edited by Kal

Some odds and end.........

Some commercial vehicles

Milk float, Securicor Van, Robsons Transport, Post Office Van,

The black car is a Porche Spider,

med_gallery_17883_3001_220054.jpgrmweb289cars10

An AA motorcycle as per the one in Heartbeat

med_gallery_17883_3001_547459.jpgrmweb290cars11

This gem will get its own space

med_gallery_17883_3001_236058.jpgrmweb292cars12

Another on its way to Greengrasses camping site.

med_gallery_17883_3001_261954.jpgrmweb293cars13

Hopefully the paint is dry I am off for a reccie

• Like 3

A quick reminder of the steps

med_gallery_17883_3001_446801.jpgrmweb596terraforming124

Tonite after seeing Allan Downes mill, and the steps, I decided to go for an overgrown look.

At present the glue is wet, the PIR is not in its proper home so photographing is iffy, but you can see an update

tomorrow when dried and hoover of the excess green

You'll notice the weathering that has been painted onto the steps

med_gallery_17883_3001_642453.jpgrmweb293terraforming214

the overgrown path moving away has been coloured...it will get more

med_gallery_17883_3001_121895.jpgrmweb293terraforming215

the fifth step down has some damage

med_gallery_17883_3001_516970.jpgrmweb294terraforming216

where I have added some more green, and some paler grass on the edge of the steps

med_gallery_17883_3001_77042.jpgrmweb295terraforming217

I considered green mood but for the present have decided to check it out tomorrow when dry before a final colouring

I am now undecided wether to add the metal rail I was going to add,

this is like an old set of steps now barely in use.I think some ferns or a small shrub might also get added

med_gallery_17883_3001_266357.jpgrmweb296terraforming218

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Kal,

All look the same, all look the same?  :scared:

Jaz,

If it is a 60s area it will not need a fence.  If it is modern day it will need a fence and a sign, "Beware broken steps,  Slippery when wet."

Still looking good.

That police car.  Isn't it a Ford Popular?  There must be a kit or something out there, but I cannot quickly find one.