RMweb

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod
Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, DavidB-AU said:

I recall another question about what individual battle was the worst for casualties and the answer was the Battle of Towton during the Wars of the Roses. Casualties as a proportion of total numbers on the field and as a proportion of the population, it was worse that the Somme.

WW1 caused major problems, as up to that time regiments etc were made up from localities.

In Australia, large numbers of soldiers were decimated leaving whole districts with a shortage of men. So much so, that Australian military started assigning men to regiments randomly.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 5

34 minutes ago, kevinlms said:

WW1 caused major problems, as up to that time regiments etc were made up from localities.

Regimental localities weren't the problem, that came from the creation of the "Pals" battalions. God knows who came up with the brilliant idea of encouraging young men to enlist in town based groups.  It was The Somme that showed how foolish the idea was.  Entire streets in northern towns got telegrams on the same day...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pals_battalion

• Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 2

10 minutes ago, kevinlms said:

I got bored during the latest lock-down so I decided to take up fencing.

The neighbours said they'd call the police if I didn't put it back.

You should live next door to a Fence.

Good fences make good Neighbours......

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

A man goes into a pub.  On his shoulder he has a beautiful multi coloured parrot.  He is also accompanied by a 3 foot tall man.

He goes up to the bar.  The barman asks him what he would like.  The man says “I’ll have a pint, a bag of nuts for the bird, and a double whisky for the little guy”.  The man pulls out a wallet stuffed with cash, gives the barman £50 and says keep the change.

The man sips his pint, the bird eats the nuts and the little guy swigs the whiskey in one go, and then hurls the empty glass, smashing the optics behind the bar.  The barman rushes up to remonstrate with the man.  The man apologises, pulls out the wallet and gives the barman £500 – to cover the damage. 

The man says to the barman  - “same again please”.  He sips his pint, the bird eats the nuts, the little guy swigs the whiskey in one go, and then hurls the empty glass – smashing a mirror.  The barman rushes up and says – “right I’ve had enough of you lot, get out”.  The man apologises, pulls out the wallet and gives the barman £1000, and orders another round.

The barman says – “you lot are strange, what’s the story “?  The man says – “well I came across this lamp, I gave it a rub and a genie appeared.  I was granted three wishes.  My first wish was to be rich so I have a wallet which constantly fills with cash.  My second wish was for a beautiful bird, and I got that, (pointing at the parrot on his shoulder).  My third wish was for a 3ft p*ick, and I got him”.                

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 12

17 hours ago, Gopher said:

A man goes into a pub.  On his shoulder he has a beautiful multi coloured parrot.  He is also accompanied by a 3 foot tall man.

He goes up to the bar.  The barman asks him what he would like.  The man says “I’ll have a pint, a bag of nuts for the bird, and a double whisky for the little guy”.  The man pulls out a wallet stuffed with cash, gives the barman £50 and says keep the change.

The man sips his pint, the bird eats the nuts and the little guy swigs the whiskey in one go, and then hurls the empty glass, smashing the optics behind the bar.  The barman rushes up to remonstrate with the man.  The man apologises, pulls out the wallet and gives the barman £500 – to cover the damage. 

The man says to the barman  - “same again please”.  He sips his pint, the bird eats the nuts, the little guy swigs the whiskey in one go, and then hurls the empty glass – smashing a mirror.  The barman rushes up and says – “right I’ve had enough of you lot, get out”.  The man apologises, pulls out the wallet and gives the barman £1000, and orders another round.

The barman says – “you lot are strange, what’s the story “?  The man says – “well I came across this lamp, I gave it a rub and a genie appeared.  I was granted three wishes.  My first wish was to be rich so I have a wallet which constantly fills with cash.  My second wish was for a beautiful bird, and I got that, (pointing at the parrot on his shoulder).  My third wish was for a 3ft p*ick, and I got him”.                

That's not the version I know....

It's an posh ostrich and a miserly cat....

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
55 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

That's not the version I know....

It's an posh ostrich and a miserly cat....

Or the version with the small piano player.

3' pianist

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

The ostrich drinks fine champagne so is a classy bird with long legs.

The cat drinks bitter and says "I'm not paying" (may also be from Yorkshire or Scotland)....

RAF Course, five months, five on the course, one of which joined every Round of drinks.....   and never paid for a single one.  Apparently Alnwick can well match all the others.

Julian

PS.  Yes indeed, it was mentioned, but to no avail.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, CameronL said:

Can anyone hear that? There’s a fight going on somewhere.”

Hi folks,

Love the story.  Two questions:

1.  have you been reading Pratchett? and

2.  shouldn't the words of death be in SMALL BLOCK CAPITALS?

Regards,

Alex.

• Agree 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

10 minutes ago, Alex TM said:

Hi folks,

Love the story.  Two questions:

1.  have you been reading Pratchett? and

2.  shouldn't the words of death be in SMALL BLOCK CAPITALS?

Regards,

Alex.

Thanks.

1. Yes, been a fan since The Colour of Magic 

2. Thought it might have been a bit plagiaristic. However, for three "Agrees" to this post I'll happily edit the original TO INCLUDE CAPITALS.

• Like 3
  • Agree 8
  • Round of applause 1

52 minutes ago, APOLLO said:

image.png.afdc840d233d2314d06139d4047ddf3d.png

Many a true word has been spoken in jest.

Why no-one can ever recover from COVID-19 in England – a statistical anomaly

PHE regularly looks for people on the NHS database who have ever tested positive, and simply checks to see if they are still alive or not. PHE does not appear to consider how long ago the COVID test result was, nor whether the person has been successfully treated in hospital and discharged to the community. Anyone who has tested COVID positive but subsequently died at a later date of any cause will be included on the PHE COVID death figures.

By this PHE definition, no one with COVID in England is allowed to ever recover from their illness.

A patient who has tested positive, but successfully treated and discharged from hospital, will still be counted as a COVID death even if they had a heart attack or were run over by a bus three months later.

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/why-no-one-can-ever-recover-from-covid-19-in-england-a-statistical-anomaly/

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, jcredfer said:

RAF Course, five months, five on the course, one of which joined every Round of drinks.....   and never paid for a single one.  Apparently Alnwick can well match all the others.

Julian

PS.  Yes indeed, it was mentioned, but to no avail.

We had one like that many years ago on a course. He found a pint of water in front of him instead of beer.

• Like 4
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

We had one like that many years ago on a course. He found a pint of water in front of him instead of beer.

I did get my own return, but it took about 8 years of patient waiting.  He had to do a report, on a course, provided from outside the RAF, he had been on and it landed on my desk, at MoD.  It contained a description of the course but totally failed to address the actual point of the report, which was to evaluate the usefulness of the course for the RAF.  I simply passed it up the line.  It came back to my desk in 24 hrs {That's rocket powered in MoD} asking me to contact said author and get him to rewrite the report, so as to evaluate the usefulness to the RAF.  I simply passed the requests from above, as quotes and waited.  He was incandescent, mainly because the course was, in truth, a "Bit of a Jolly", which meant he had quite a problem lumped on his desk and it was now public viewing, being copied to his bosses.  For one, very public, time he was left to pay the bill.

Julian

PS, What he never knew, was that I had already informed those up the line, of the very positive liaison benefits with other organisations which the course provided.   Strangely, none of those other departments chose to pass that information to him either.

• Like 5
  • Funny 2