Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod
Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, CameronL said:

Mary had a little lamb

It tumbled down a hole

But Mary says she loves it still

('Cos she loves casserole).

Old Mother Hubbard went to the cupboard 

to fetch her poor doggy a bone,

but when she bent over, old Rover ran over 

and gave her a bone of his own.

Jack and Jill went up the hill

to fetch a pail of water

Jill came down with half a crown...

but not for fetching water!

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

My Grandad knew a version of jack.and Jill that was similar to Johnsters involving the earning of half a crown for shall we say services rendered. He told me and my brother it several times but neither of us can remember it.

He told us a tale of a play he saw in Pompey during the war that the actor proclaimed "What shall we do with the body" to be met with cries of " f@£# it while it's still warm" 

My Gran would have killed him if she knew what he was teaching us but by hell was he funny

• Like 2
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

I'm pretty sure there has been more than one Heavy Metal bands doing Disney albums or songs. The problem is getting the rights to do it. Disney are a bit funny about who they let use their characters and songs.

This was done by a member of Nightwish and a few friends.

spacer.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_Inspired_by_the_Life_and_Times_of_Scrooge

Well, I do have the book.  (Vol1, couldn't find Vol2)

• Like 2

I think, I'm going to lose my drivers license...

and all just because of a stupid police officer...

The conversation went like this, when I got pulled over in my car:

Officer: "License and registration, please, I think you are drunk!"

Me: "I assure you, I did not drink anything."

Officer: "Ok, let's do a little test! Imagine driving in the dark on a highway at night, when you see two lights in the distance. What is this?"

Me: "A car."

Officer:"Of course! But which one? A Mercedes, an Audi or a Ford?"

Me:"I have no idea!"

Officer:"So, you're drunk."

Me:"But I didn't drink anything."

Officer:"Okay, one more test -- Imagine, you drive in the dark on a highway at night, and there is one light coming at you.What is it?

Me:"A motorcycle."

Officer:"Of course! But which one? A Honda, a Kawasaki or a Harley?"

Officer:"As I suspected, you're drunk!"

Then I started to get annoyed and asked a counter question.

Me:"So..., counter question -- You're driving in the dark on a highway at night and see a woman on the roadside. She wears a mini skirt, fishnet stockings, high heeled shoes and only a bra as a top. What is this?"

Officer:"A prostitute of course."

Me:"Yes, but which one? Your daughter, your wife or your mother?"

Things went downhill from there and now I have a court date to attend...

• Funny 15

19 hours ago, CameronL said:

Start the Pick of the Pops music playing. Here's the Top Ten Albums You Will Never See on Spotify - 

10. Iron Maiden Sing The Songs of Walt Disney
9. Together At Last - Cliff Richard And Marilyn Manson
8  Bangin' Ibiza Party Anthems - Morrissey
7. 20 Great Prog Rock Classics - Chas and Dave
6. Life Is All Hugs and Puppies - Slayer
5. Mutha****** Carols From Kings - The Choir of Kings College, Cambridge, featuring Snoop Dogg
4. The Best Irish Jigs and Reels - Pink Floyd
3. Never Mind the B*ll*cks, Here's the Osmonds
2. The Glory of Eurovision
1. Kraftwerk Unplugged

Any more just lurking outside the Top Ten?

Actually number 1 sort of exists. Tangerine Dream did an album of strange covers a few years ago. One track was an acoustic version of Kraftwerk's The Model. The irony was lost on many people as they are both electronic bands. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, peanuts said:

I think, I'm going to lose my drivers license...

and all just because of a stupid police officer...

The conversation went like this, when I got pulled over in my car:

Officer: "License and registration, please, I think you are drunk!"

Me: "I assure you, I did not drink anything."

Officer: "Ok, let's do a little test! Imagine driving in the dark on a highway at night, when you see two lights in the distance. What is this?"

Me: "A car."

Officer:"Of course! But which one? A Mercedes, an Audi or a Ford?"

Officer:"So, you're drunk."

Me:"But I didn't drink anything."

Officer:"Okay, one more test -- Imagine, you drive in the dark on a highway at night, and there is one light coming at you.What is it?

Me:"A motorcycle."

Officer:"Of course! But which one? A Honda, a Kawasaki or a Harley?"

Officer:"As I suspected, you're drunk!"

Then I started to get annoyed and asked a counter question.

Me:"So..., counter question -- You're driving in the dark on a highway at night and see a woman on the roadside. She wears a mini skirt, fishnet stockings, high heeled shoes and only a bra as a top. What is this?"

Officer:"A prostitute of course."

Me:"Yes, but which one? Your daughter, your wife or your mother?"

Things went downhill from there and now I have a court date to attend...

This one is real and just as stupid:

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/100mph-pursuit-humber-bridge-roadrunner-4532115

And to make matters worse, the driver protested to officers "how was I supposed to know the police had an unmarked S3?”

• Funny 12

On 19/09/2020 at 16:29, The Johnster said:

They have an odd perception of traffic problems and civil disobedience though, Dyfed Powys once describing a lack of parking in Tenby on as 'total gridlock'; there was a queue of about 40 cars waiting for space in the multi-story.  

Tenby is not too far away from here, and as a treat I will drive down there maybe once a year or twice a year. After the lockdown eased I wanted to go there so I took my Mum and we went. I tried car park after car park. They had converted them all to card only! I had to abandon the Tenby idea and I doubt I will be able to go there again, as where is my right to privacy? I should decide if I pay by card or cash. 

Not everyone has a bank card. 

So I was thinking that the queue could not be that the car park was full, but prehaps they changed to card payment only and some poor driver is stuck at the barrier? 

I drove on from place to place and found Manorbier which has a car park I could put my money in.  

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Might I recommend a little further from Manorbier, a fine spot in itself, to Stackpole Lily Ponds; brilliant walks, stunning coastal scenery, and a pub with superb food, the Stack Pole in Stackpole village, to end the day.  Tenby is ok on midweek midwinter afternoon to bimble around the shops and the harbour, far too crowded otherwise!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

7 hours ago, AndrewC said:

Actually number 1 sort of exists. Tangerine Dream did an album of strange covers a few years ago. One track was an acoustic version of Kraftwerk's The Model. The irony was lost on many people as they are both electronic bands. 

I did think that Coldplay might be included with a cover of an old Paul McCartney and Wings album, retitled "Bland on the Run", but that's too close to the truth.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
On 16/09/2020 at 22:23, CameronL said:

No, I just think we're compiling a list of names that didn't make Collett's shortlist for his 4900 (Hall) class locos. "Bog Hall", "Nothingatt Hall" and "Iwantit Hall" also didn't make the final cut.

When I lived in Crewe a long time ago there was a bit we called the Four 'Alls. There was the Town Hall, the Market Hall, the Cheese Hall pub and opposite there was a space where you could chat up ladies of dubious repute.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Nick C said:

10 hours ago, Nick C said:

And to make matters worse, the driver protested to officers "how was I supposed to know the police had an unmarked S3?”

A similar incident recently between New Mills and Hayfield. A lad on a motorcycle pulled a wheelie when overtaking a car which was sticking rigidly to the 30mph limit. The driver was the sergeant from the county Road Policing Unit in an unmarked traffic car. 

In another incident on the Snake Pass a driver who was pulled by the unmarked traffic car for overtaking it at 80mph in a 50mph area said he didn't think their radar worked for cars going away from it.

• Funny 11