The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

That happens when you pick two common colours for  your flag.

Blue and yellow have been Dublin bus colours for years:

20220311_102138.jpg.c668d0bc92d54a209df020ebcaf4bfd1.jpg

Which explains why it's nonsense to suddenly suggest, that a combination of colours only means one thing.

Sweden is of course another example and also an EU member.

• Like 3

Me in the record shop. "Do you have the new Elvis single, Wooden Leg?"  Assistant, "Don't you mean, Wooden Heart?" Me. "No, Wooden Leg, it's a pirate copy....."   :smoke:

• Like 1
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On 12/03/2022 at 17:42, The Pilotman said:

Q. What goes “clip, clop, clip, clop, clip, clop, bang, clippetty-clop, clippetty-clop, clippetty-clop”?

A. An Amish drive-by shooting

I think that would be more likely to be 'twang' than 'bang'!

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 11/03/2022 at 14:59, Coombe Vale said:

kilt.JPG.5f4603c463d7685c54745774ae29115a.JPG

A friend of mine used to take a layout to shows in Germany, along with an operating crew.

On one occasion, they'd gone out for a meal after the show and after they'd eaten, one of the group went to the toilet, which was in the basement. In front of him were three doors, one with 'DAMEN' on it, one with 'HERREN' on it, and one with nothing written on it at all. As he didn't know any German, and didn't want to embarrass himself, he tried the door with no writing on it. Only after the door had closed behind him, did he discover that it was the broom cupboard, and there was no handle on the inside....

(This was the start of a very much longer story, which I don't fancy typing out right now).

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 10

On 12/03/2022 at 17:42, The Pilotman said:

Q. What goes “clip, clop, clip, clop, clip, clop, bang, clippetty-clop, clippetty-clop, clippetty-clop”?

A. An Amish drive-by shooting

9 hours ago, RJS1977 said:

Nahhh...

"bang" is ok, a Brown Bess pattern smoothbore musket would be legit, probably sawn off to make it easier to reload on the move...

image.png.6d7e221451735f359e9e833e26be1a39.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_Bess

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, RJS1977 said:

But then the answer would have to be “an Amish drive-by catapulting” and that isn’t as funny.

• Funny 2

13 hours ago, RJS1977 said:

A friend of mine used to take a layout to shows in Germany, along with an operating crew.

On one occasion, they'd gone out for a meal after the show and after they'd eaten, one of the group went to the toilet, which was in the basement. In front of him were three doors, one with 'DAMEN' on it, one with 'HERREN' on it, and one with nothing written on it at all. As he didn't know any German, and didn't want to embarrass himself, he tried the door with no writing on it. Only after the door had closed behind him, did he discover that it was the broom cupboard, and there was no handle on the inside....

(This was the start of a very much longer story, which I don't fancy typing out right now).

I have in real life performed the Inspector Clouseau "Closet Ploy". Of all the times for me to do so, it was at a job interview. I had just finished my attendance before the interview panel, and was leaving the office. That was when I found that I had opened the cleaning supplies cupboard instead of the office door. I turned around and saw that all the panel's member's eyes were fixed upon me. Then one of them said, "Try the door on the right". As I left the office, my face would probably have been glowing a brilliant shade of red. 

Strangely enough, I was never selected for that particular job.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Essex Council deny that they are filling in pot holes near Rod Stewart's house because he threatened to sing to them.

'You are failing, you are failing, road too bumpy, for my sports car ....  and for me'.

Edited by NIK
  • Like 2