Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod
Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

3 hours ago, exmoordave said:

Last night a giant gorilla gatecrashed the world table tennis championships in China. The local media reported the event by saying that there was a King Kong Ding D o n g at the Hong Kong Ping Pong.........

Our local media has just reported the story of an inmate who escaped from an asylum, sexually assaulted the staff at a launderette,  and ran off into the night.  The headline was...

"NUT SCREWS WASHERS AND BOLTS"

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

11 minutes ago, CameronL said:

Our local media has just reported the story of an inmate who escaped from an asylum, sexually assaulted the staff at a launderette,  and ran off into the night.  The headline was...

"NUT SCREWS WASHERS AND BOLTS"

So old it's rusty....

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
On 30/09/2023 at 19:26, JZ said:

380932728_10221931239420043_6395094408751089989_n.jpg

Hah that reminds me of a cartoon from an old computer magazine. It's very nerdy and it showed two cavemen standing in front of a cave wall with paintings on it. One of them has written 'PUSH BC; POP AF;RET Z' and is saying to the other one "I bet that'll confuse the archaeologists".

Edited by AndrueC
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Don't know about the archaeologists, it's confused the bejaysus out of me.  Only joking, I do know that it's some sort of code!

🙂

It actually works on two levels. Firstly there's the idea of cavemen confusing archaeologists by making Latin script part of a cave painting. However there's also the technical aspect. What's written is in Zilog Z80 assembly language and if you understand that you'll find the three instructions somewhat bizarre 😜

(For the really technically minded).

The idea of transferring the contents of a 16 bit general purpose register pair to the Accumulator and flag register then executing a return based on the state of the zero flag is freaky. Although all assembly language programmers know that there is a zero flag in 'F' I suspect most don't know which bit it is. The above looks like either a mistake or an exercise in the dark arts 😄

Edited by AndrueC
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

🙂

It actually works on two levels. Firstly there's the idea of cavemen confusing archaeologists by making Latin script part of a cave painting. However there's also the technical aspect. What's written is in Zilog Z80 assembly language and if you understand that you'll find the three instructions somewhat bizarre 😜

I thought it was 8086 (or 8088) based as the instructions are 16 bit and are accessing 16 bit registers and the stack.

It's been ages (decades) since I wrote in assembler for either the Z80 or 808x processors and I can't remember the BC bit at all!

Kev.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Don't know about the archaeologists, it's confused the bejaysus out of me.  Only joking, I do know that it's some sort of code!

This one hasn't the foggiest!

But at least the cavemen spoke in English rather than going "Ug" whilst trying to stop those Pterosaurs flying off with your fur bikini clad missus. 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium

Well, doesn't Z80 assembler belong in that period? 😃 Anyway I was a 6502 man (well, child at the time, and I never got very far with it, can't remember much about it other than some instructions could be a bit TAXing...)

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

This one hasn't the foggiest!

But at least the cavemen spoke in English rather than going "Ug" whilst trying to stop those Pterosaurs flying off with your fur bikini clad missus. 

Proof that time travel is possible? 😁

21 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Proof that time travel is possible? 😁

I sometimes think that the cavemen are among us. There's a toll bridge close to us and the staff in the booth seem to be incapable of communicating in anything but grunts. I feel like saying "Do you want the money or just the secret of fire?" 

• Like 1
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, CameronL said:

I sometimes think that the cavemen are among us. There's a toll bridge close to us and the staff in the booth seem to be incapable of communicating in anything but grunts. I feel like saying "Do you want the money or just the secret of fire?" 

Money & booths? Toll roads in Australia have been account or day pass only (the latter up to 3 days after travelling) since the late 1990s. You just drive past the automatic toll gantries at whatever the speed limit is, assuming no collisions/breakdowns.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

The English have always spoke English. Saw it in a documentary about Cleopatra and some Romans.

Brilliant! Starts off with wheels and ends up including Windows!

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, kevinlms said:

Money & booths? Toll roads in Australia have been account or day pass only (the latter up to 3 days after travelling) since the late 1990s. You just drive past the automatic toll gantries at whatever the speed limit is, assuming no collisions/breakdowns.

Which on several occasions would leave me with no practical way of paying.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2