Bachmann to produce ex LBSC Atlantic H2 Class 4-4-2

Graham_Muz

So as some of you may know, I purchased the H2 off ebay the other day, and I didn't have too much faith.

Imagine my surprise when I got home tonight to find a box waiting for me, from Taiwan..

29883873477_0e91c36d32_b.jpg

29883797107_e90604fb48_b.jpg

The tender doors are in the small detail bag that came with it, Which I haven't got around to fitting, because also waiting for me was a package from PDK - anyways, sorry about the not-so-great pictures and shaky phone video.

• Like 9

So as some of you may know, I purchased the H2 off ebay the other day, and I didn't have too much faith.

Imagine my surprise when I got home tonight to find a box waiting for me, from Taiwan..

29883873477_0e91c36d32_b.jpg

29883797107_e90604fb48_b.jpg

The tender doors are in the small detail bag that came with it, Which I haven't got around to fitting, because also waiting for me was a package from PDK - anyways, sorry about the not-so-great pictures and shaky phone video.

Well done Jack, looks like you got a bargain!

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

• Like 2

As  I posted in  error  on  the  other  Atlantic  thread,  Just  advising  ARCADIA MODELS  has  Beachy Head  in  stock  same  price  as  the  Box Shifters,  best  to phone  t0  get  rapid  usually same  day  despatch 01706882900

Here's a photo of the gorgeous cab interior

44110512114_ae96edeef7_b.jpg

I can also confirm you can straighten out the coupling rods once removed with no issues

44110513164_214c5dc0ef_b.jpg

As this was more of a chance encounter than a planned thing - can anyone tell me if there were any H2's still in black in 1947?

• Like 8

I took the plunge and ordered on early September...  thanks to De-Rails it arrived yesterday so thanks to them for the fast delivery, excellent.
I have noticed Bachmann have started to mould things on, like lamp irons on the back of the tender body... and the hand rail on the cab which a year or so ago would of been some bent chromed rod.
Nice model all round, but would of like a little bit more for the money rather than all the moulded on parts (Clever design)

[media]

[media/]

Edited by Bluebell Model Railway
  • Like 3

post-24481-0-36580700-1537610335_thumb.jpgMy Beachy Head arrived this morning in less than 24 hours from ordering over the phone.

That's tested, despatched and delivered at a good price, with free delivery.

So many thanks to Derails, and for once the Post office, for the superb service.

As for the loco, it's one of Bachmann's finest efforts to date, a beautiful model.

• Like 4

Picked up mine at lunchtime from East Somerset Models.

post-15-0-98342900-1537625964_thumb.jpg

Fitted with a Bachmann decoder for the moment. Nice smooth runner.

For some reason it was sent to Branksome shed for servicing and it was "borrowed".

All extra parts and a Lenz decoder will be fitted when I return from the land of Oz.

Edited by JZ
  • Like 5

Were there major variations in the class? I was originally only going to get the H1 in umber but the black H2 looks so lovely I don't think I can resist it!I'm thinking I might remember to 32425 Trevose Head (purely because of the Cornish Connection) if it and 32424 are the same.

I'm thinking I might remember to 32425 Trevose Head (purely because of the Cornish Connection) if it and 32424 are the same.

Same class, but whether there were any variations, I don't know.

Picked up mine at lunchtime from East Somerset Models.

attachicon.gif20180922_143947_resized.jpg

Fitted with a Bachmann decoder for the moment. Nice smooth runner.

For some reason it was sent to Branksome shed for servicing and it was "borrowed".

All extra parts and a Lenz decoder will be fitted when I return from the land of Oz.

Looking very nice, am I mistaken but weren’t the H2s regular visitors to Branksome shed in the 50s on the Brighton-Bournemouth service

Looking very nice, am I mistaken but weren’t the H2s regular visitors to Branksome shed in the 50s on the Brighton-Bournemouth service

I know they went to Bournemouth. It's just that mine went up to Bath Green Park. :sungum:  :sungum:

There's a fair few photos of both North and South Foreland on the Brighton - Bournemouth service in the 50s in the Mike Morant collection =)

https://mikemorant.smugmug.com/search

I duno if any were doing that service in the late 30s / early 40s but that's what I have in mind for my 2421 =)

• RMweb Premium

They are such wonderfully elegant locomotives - such a tragedy none survived. What I have seen in the photos of the model on this thread makes me even more excited for the Southern liveried version I have on order. I am still very tempted by the LBSCR umber H1. 

Edited by Claude_Dreyfus

I saw one of those in Green at Kidderminster Station last night in Bachmann's display cabinet. It looked impressive. Unfortunately there was no battery power left in the camera when I saw it. Perhaps another SVR visitor might have taken a shot. 

• RMweb Gold

There's a fair few photos of both North and South Foreland on the Brighton - Bournemouth service in the 50s in the Mike Morant collection =) https://mikemorant.smugmug.com/search

I duno if any were doing that service in the late 30s / early 40s but that's what I have in mind for my 2421 =)

Sadly not quite, according to Bradley. But he records that the H2s were transferred to Blazingsmoke in November 1940, and 2422 was noted at Bournemouth West on a troop train 11.3.41, while 2421 was seen on vans at Dorchester South 17.7.41. By January 1943 they had been transferred to Ashford.