Prototype for everything corner.

Sadly not. There is nothing on them at all.

Judging by the liveries I would guess at the early 1990s.

EDITED: to say that the more I look at the profile of the steelworks, the less it looks like Llanwern.  Could it be Port Talbot?

It's Avenue Sidings! near Chesterfield Derbyshire.

A very common scene around the North East when Faverdale was knocking out brake vans. If you look at Mr Chambers original neg there is something highly unusual about the Ashford applied paint scheme on that batch of brake vans in the photograph.

P

Looks like the doors and cabin ends are painted a light colour, certainly not bauxite.

I saw the Class 90+DVT train at Peterborough on Sunday. Ever seen an HST hauled by a Pacific before? Well, that exactly what happened a couple of weeks ago. While the charter passengers were enjoying their day out, the loco was hard at work hauling an HST to a nearby siding, awaiting further, longer-distance assistance. One night, I was waiting for a special around 10 pm, when I saw a Pullman/Mk1 re-positioning run...behind the loco I was waiting for!

Edited by Peter Crawford

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Bare Lane level crossing is on the Lancaster to Morecambe branch line, it has two tracks and is not electrified. I got stopped there today. First a Pacer went past heading towards Morecambe on one line. The barriers stayed down and a minute later a flask train headed towards Morecambe on the other line. The flask train being hauled by top and tailed class 88 electric locos.

It happened because the two tracks are effectivly two parallel single tracks and the electric locos have a small diesel engine too.

I was on bus service 33, which shows the destination as ‘Bare Circular’. I kept my shirt and shorts on!

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

When you just really, really like the NMT but are modelling on a tight budget...

https://twitter.com/railcamlive/status/1016671541390643200

Note the appearance of a nameplate, albeit covered still.

Wild Boar Fell

Possibly "Mark Carne CBE"

Cheers,

Mick

(saw it pass thro' Settle but didn't get a pic)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

...reminds me of that cartoon (sketch) which shows two downhill ski tracks - one either side of a tree!

Kev.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Found this gem via a link in the Hattons Andrew Barclay thread, there'll be a H&S bod having a heart attack some where!

attachicon.gif14.jpg1

Link to BLS site https://www.branchline.uk/album-new.php?id=365

Interesting. I presume the piece of timber is being used to assist a propelling move, rather than as a walkway between the engine and wagon. Would also be interesting to see what happens if the engine continues with the points set as they are!

Regards, Ian.

Found this gem via a link in the Hattons Andrew Barclay thread, there'll be a H&S bod having a heart attack some where!

attachicon.gif14.jpg1

Link to BLS site https://www.branchline.uk/album-new.php?id=365

Railtour around the Trafford Park rail system in the late 80s. Also linked in the 'Railways of Trafford Park' thread on this site. I think outside what was Taylor Bros. steelworks, on Ashburton Road West.

Edited by 62613