DJM wish list thread

DJM Dave

Class 21/29 (if Dapol pull out again) .... Class 41 (if Dapol pull out again) .... Class 58 (if Dapol aren't doing any more) .... 

Joking aside .... Class 70 (the original Southern one) .... 6701 "Tommy" .... Classes 81 to 84 .... GT3. 

Probably no profit in any of those though :(

class 21/29 & 41 are a must!

• RMweb Gold

Class 21/29 (if Dapol pull out again) .... Class 41 (if Dapol pull out again) .... Class 58 (if Dapol aren't doing any more) .... 

Joking aside .... Class 70 (the original Southern one) .... 6701 "Tommy" .... Classes 81 to 84 .... GT3. 

Probably no profit in any of those though :(

DJM are doing the D6XX, as commissioned by Kernow, Dapol were replaced by them a while ago now.

Neil

• RMweb Gold

He sort of is doing one, but in steam railmotor guise for Kernow, but I agree a good model autocoach for per nationalisation would go with the 14xx or Bachmann 64xx

I too would love to see an earlier autocoach, earlier than the Airfix/Hornby A27/30.  The current 4mm rtr consists of this model and the Baccy Hawksworth, sensible choices as the BR steam and later GW periods are probably the most commonly modelled ones for these coaches.  Panelled coaches are less easy to scratchbuild, and while I am thinking about having a go at an A9 or similar matchboarded one as a scratchbuild project for the future, there are many suitable panelled auto trailers and SRM conversions that were long lived, lasting into the 1950s, and could be released with several liveries, some had different bogies at various times of their lives, and some had the toplights plated over which gave them a very different aspect in their later years.  70 foot and 59'6" types were built; 70' might be a bit long for some curves, but there is plenty of scope for different versions of the same basic model.

If I were to pick one out of the hat for my own purposes, it would be a diagram N, and there is I suppose a chance that this might turn up from Dapol in 4mm as they are knocking out the ex Lionheart version in 7mm, but there is never any harm in putting up ideas,,,

Edited by The Johnster

Not to keep going on but Pullman stock turns up everywhere. On any steam era layout, in preservation, on modern charter trains, as static features... They're like an AK in a conflict zone. Pullmans will always sell :) There's a reason the 73 has been run four times in a Pullman livery in N. Go on... I'll settle for a brake and parlour. A kitchen would be cool if your feeling generous ;)

• Like 1

Not to keep going on but Pullman stock turns up everywhere. On any steam era layout, in preservation, on modern charter trains, as static features... They're like an AK in a conflict zone. Pullmans will always sell :) There's a reason the 73 has been run four times in a Pullman livery in N. Go on... I'll settle for a brake and parlour. A kitchen would be cool if your feeling generous ;)

Plenty of Pullman types no-one has done yet too. Golden arrow specific Pullmans haven't been done yet, though I'd expect Hornby to do those at some point.

Given that a new one is being built I'm surprised that none of the other manufacturers have announced one already but this might be a good alternative to a 00 King.  A GWR Saint class with a Lady of Legend edition in collaboration with Didcot?

Edited by GWR8700

Hi Dave

I have an interest in the Southern Region of BR circa 1955, particularly the South-Eastern division; therefore: -

SECR D1 Class 4-4-0

SECR E1 Class 4-4-0

SECR P Class 0-6-0T

LBSCR K Class 2-6-0

SR L1 Class 4-4-0

SR W Class 2-6-4T

SR Z Class 0-8-0T

I don't think (other than the Tri-ang L1) any of these have been produced in RTR format.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Dave,

When/if can we expect new livery announcements for the Austerities? I would love to see a NCB Fife Area No.19 and 1940s WD liveried examples like at Bo’ness.

Jack

Hi Dave

I also would like to see the locomotive's that Jack has meantioned also include the others especially 68007 (anyone for naming it bond lol)

Please could we have some G&SWR stuf lol

Thanks

Alan

Do you know what we have a distinct lack of, in both N & OO? Cranes. A nice Cowans Sheldon 30T or if you want to really push the boat out, how about one of the converted Warwells with a crane built onto the well?

Just going to put this idea out there, but could it be worth perusing the relationship with Caledonian Sleeper & Producing the CAF Mk5s? You'll have the option of the CS & TPE ones and be there before any of the major manufacturers potentially get there?

Just a thought as your doing the CS 92 Dave.

• RMweb Gold

If (and only if) I was a manufacturer, I'd steer well clear of anything Western. It's not that I don't like Western models. It just seems that we work in a lather over all sorts of things, from wrong livery, to allowing Little Johnny to post an accurate review, whilst using best Wilton carpet to provide the electrical medium. Some critism is deserved, sometimes not. Sometimes it seems that the manufacturer should, or must, seek critical approval from modellers before attempting to announce new Western models. It's a brave man (or woman)to announce new stuff.

I happen to know that the footplate staff are wrong on the new Dean Goods... The driver & fireman are ASLEF, whilst the proposed new Toad guard are NUR....

I'd really like to see an all-new 57xx pannier, made with the pre-42 boiler, or, sans op feed. This would span the age problems caused by Bachmann, because, let's face it, Bachmann don't really care about fidelity, especially as demonstrated by the likes of Hornby, or DJM. Just look at the AA20 brake van.

Moan over,

Ian

Edited by tomparryharry

I've got to add my tuppence worth. I wish for an end to coreless motors being used. I was very pro-DJM when it surfaced, wishing the venture well, but alas there is no way I can support it when these motors are used.

Stewart