rovex

• RMweb Premium

Here are some pictures of models which could be appearing in 2014:

Super detailed range

For the LNER  W1 RRP £199

attachicon.gifrDSC_0064_redone.jpg

For the LMS Turbomotive RRP £189

attachicon.gifrDSC_0067_redone.jpg

Models which will appear in both the top range and Railroad range are as follows:

For the Western region Gas Turbine 18100: RRP £90

attachicon.gifrDSC_0076_redone - Copy.jpg

For the Southern region, there will be 2 locos. S15 RRP £90 and Q class RRP £85

attachicon.gifrDSC_0074_redone.jpg

Enjoy!

Oh No Mr JSpencer

No Modern Image :O :o

Given that in the last couple of months I've now been told by four different Bachmann representatives on their show stands that their K3 is the poorest selling loco in their range I'd be very surprised if a K1 was to be anywhere in Barwell's thoughts.

So I predict there could be a K1/K4 from Hornby- the K4 has the advantage of names- and good ones at that...

My other prediction is that there could be some announcement concerning return of some production to Europe.  Are there still facilities in Italy (Rivarossi) or Spain (Electrotren)?  Or might Eastern Europe (Romania/Hungary) be possible?

Just a thought

Les

(the K3 enquiry was based on "If I chip my Foxhunter K3 will there be a Farish one?")

I think what he meant, and how I understood, was that if Hornby have gone and done a model like the M7, then surely there is scope and space for a model like the G5. The G5 was widely used across the NER and later across the LNE system, is comparible with size and thus he was suggesting would be in a similar vien to the M7 which Hornby did model. Thus if the M7 was a possibility, why not the G5, even the chassis might be suitable to do both... who knows? Not long to go...

298, on 06 Dec 2013 - 19:02, said:snapback.png

I don't get it...., are you suggesting they do a simple relivery job on the M7 (that almost looks like a lot of other locos) as they've done with every small tank engine and end up with a ficticious model that won't sell, as producing the model accurately will require a complete re-tool anyway.

I agree that a G5 is a viable model, but what I was trying to say was releasing a reliveried M7 as a similar G5 or Drummond 171 wouldn't have much credibility, and if anyone is itching for a "near enough" one then all they have to do is repaint the Hornby loco.

Hi,

Sorry this is not in order of posting.

I was saying the Hornby M7 is similar in size, shape and wheel arrangement that at least Hornby have done a 044T with some success.  I was not suggesting that Hornby use the M7 as a base, but tool from scratch a G5.  They also hauled autocoaches-push pull sets, so there is another spin off with sales.  As stated there is a new build happening.

Mark in Oz

I return to the forum after a couple of weeks away, and find a potentially interesting new thread that has already run to 16 pages. 

However, I can't help wondering if it's worth reading even 10% of this?  :angel:

If Hornby is planning to announce an LNER W1 I hope they have managed to keep the model's design, development and production a secret. I would guess it would have to be all hushed up at Margate......

:derisive:

At least LMS modellers will be able to justify one. I wonder if Hornby will include a sheet for them to cover the loco with? (for the uninformed, 10000 was conveyed over LMS metals to recieve its Marine Boiler from Yarrow, but was covered up, so that the LNERs rivals wouldn't know about the project, which was part of the 'Hush Hush' element)

• RMweb Gold

Oh, one prediction I forgot - 'Design clever' will have a new name, probably something really catchy like 'up-to-the-minute design/production methods' which will be known in the catalogue as 'Hornby's exacting standards of manufacture'.

I think possibly 'Designed by us, rebuilt by you' would be a bit more accurate ;)

Can I resist speculating?      Nah.......

Not sure what's been put on this topic so far as I havn't read it all (I had to shave again).

How about upgrading some of their older locos? An updated County 4-6-0, ditto for a tanner-oner (that's a 61xx to the unitiated), a revamped 14xx, plus they could steal Bachmann's thunder and go for a new Manor/Mogul??

Random thoughts............

exmoordave 

... plus it could be done in blue and SK reputedly likes blue engines.  ...

... Potentially a major shockwave announcement for 2015 in a bid to establish a clear field in a different market.

Blue also works for the GER Claud Hamilton 4-4-0, in their original blue livery. Plus Royal engines, engines with coats of arms, and all manner of lovely fripperies

What could you mean by that final tease? O gauge...?

Paul

What I want to see is Hornby's existing models (Hawkworth BG, Gresley BG, Southern B Van, and LMS CCT) make an appearance in BR Blue livery. Admittedly not many of them made it into the 1970s but I'm sure there are still plenty of people who can remember them,.

They always bring out the pre-BR Blue livery's first, including the 2-BIL EMU and it is a constant source of annoyance for me!

• RMweb Gold

Blue also works for the GER Claud Hamilton 4-4-0, in their original blue livery. Plus Royal engines, engines with coats of arms, and all manner of lovely fripperies

What could you mean by that final tease? O gauge...?

Paul

I think the 0 gauge market is a bit too crowded for them but elsewhere in the company's history might lie a clue (but not for 2014 I suspect).

Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton, Claughton and just one more vote for a Claughton please.

Did somebody mention a Claughton?

Just to show that I'm not western biased I would have thought a 3/4 SUB would be a good model very long lived therefore lots of livery options.

Now being biased I would have thought a Manor would be an obvious step as they already have the basic chassis with the Grange. same wheelbase and same sized wheels.

However it wouldn't surprise me if they just did a one big engine and the rest was playing catch up on this years postponements.

I think the 0 gauge market is a bit too crowded for them but elsewhere in the company's history might lie a clue (but not for 2014 I suspect).

Now you've got me intrigued,  -  HO, TT,  big train, tin plate, minix, CKD, live steam  -  there's a lot in their history, but all (eventually) petered out as viable in a mass market. If you are correct about it being after 2014, it's not just a week to wait to find out either.

• RMweb Premium

However, I can't help wondering if it's worth reading even 10% of this?  :angel:

Not unless 10% of the posts mention a certain multi-engine loco...................., but I'm sure you won't FALL for that... :no:

Cheers,

Mick

The key to us producing the N gauge coaches was the batch size that Dapol would do, the run will be 200 sets.

For 'OO', Bachmann will do runs of 504 (or is it 512?), but I was put off considering 'OO' Mark 3s when someone told me I would need to order 1000. So 1000 1st Class coaches, and then 3000 2nd coaches to make up complete sets !

I suspect that Bachmann may not have even made this many Class 47/7s!

I've heard of scotrail mk3 being commissioned in n gauge, but not in OO.

out of curiousity, what is the normal production size for a Bachmann catalogue item? rough, ball park quantity I mean? I wouldn't have thought 1000 units would have been excessive

• RMweb Gold

I do have one 'suspicion' for 2014 (but it could be 2015) plus another 'speculative' thought most likely tho' for 2015.  When a proper 'prediction thread. is released from the starting blocks in c. June 2014 I shall add them to that thread (after all there's no need to go round getting folk all excited the better part of a year in advance is there, is there?).

Incidentally both fit Coachmann's 'linked models' theory. 

• RMweb Gold

I would like a Full nine-car Coronation Scot to go with the blue streamliner.  If Hornby don't make one soon I am going to splurge and have one custom made.

Maybe you should have a word with someone who has form for making complete trains, and who wants to start producing for the UK market, i.e. Jason Shron.

Archived