SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Chard has an excellent Fish and Chip Shop and I have visited it. Unusually it was to deliver some 6 wheel milk tankers (4mm St Ivels) en route to a RMW friend; I would have loved some f&c but the Gluten thing restricts. However, there is a great F & C Shop in Clevedon and every Tuesday they have a GF fry up...class shop.

By the way, Richard's Railways in Yatton has changed hands and now Richard owns it and it will become the Brunel MR Shop (I think).

Ducky.

Grief, that's a very narrow bore and the tunnel is not very wide either.

Q

It's an optical conclusion, he's eaten far too may chips and saus.... er..... Let's not go there eh! It'll only encourage you know who.

Have you ever tried the one in Churchill on the A38 near to Brissol ? It's on a junction well worth it, I used to call in on the way or coming back from the airport. Guaranteed large portions !

What about the old expression 'Fish Bar?'

A pint of fish & a chip chaser.  Sounds good to me.

Slightly off topic (unusual for this thread!)  -  took the dog down to Seaton seafront earlier this evening so I could watch the sea roaring in.  There's been another (small) slip towards the western end of the promenade.  There's also a big lump between there & Seaton Hole that's been waiting to go for some weeks.  Too dark to see whether this weekend's storms have finally taken it out.

• RMweb Premium

Slightly off topic (unusual for this thread!)  -  took the dog down to Seaton seafront earlier this evening so I could watch the sea roaring in.  There's been another (small) slip towards the western end of the promenade.  There's also a big lump between there & Seaton Hole that's been waiting to go for some weeks.  Too dark to see whether this weekend's storms have finally taken it out.

I shall not respond to that as I am now only posting serious MR stuff.

Quackers.

P.S. The X Files is back and it must be quite good as I stayed awake throughout. Classic story-line.

I also discovered that I have made a flowparr with my plans for 35018. I seem to have the ID kit (for renumbering/naming a donor) for it and was prepared to make the adjustments on the locomotive I (it had 'detail differences'), however I hadn't twigged that it had a BR Modified Tender Body (5,250gallon tank) during my era. Ar$e

Can recommend Frydays as a great chippy too.

The one you recommended in Chard?

Phil 

Frydays is in Seaton, right on the sea front.  Hence the connection with the Seaton related post in Chard.

The chippy in Chard is Whites - also recommended as I've been going there ever since I was old enough to eat solids.  Controversially they had to remove their sign on the side of the shop a year or so ago stating "Parking for Whites only" as someone complained about it even though it was obvious what it really meant.

• RMweb Premium

There's Chish & Fips in Westfield (Radders) on the A367, but the old man recommends Whitstones further up the road towards Wells.

I don't do chish but I'm always game for some Fips!

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Premium

Coombe Street Chippy, Lyme Regis.

attachicon.gif23023308.jpg

Highlight of my New Years breaks in that fair city.

I liked Lyme, Seaton, Sidmuff and Exmuff when I stayed down that way at the end of 2014. Sidmuff was probably a bit posh, The Trams saved Seaton. Beer was quaint (the place, not the brew).

Colyton Church is lovely.

It only rained a bit during the 5 days I was down there. Not sure if I could put up with the summer crushnorushsagacrowd.

I might go down there again at the end of the year or next spring.

Phil

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Do you have too many Clan Lines?

Fiddleyard full of Fowlers?

Are you awash with excess Panniers?

We have the answer for you!

Announcing

The Grand Opening of Dr Gerbil Fritters

Home for unwanted, unloved and surplus locomotives 

All donations gratefully received

I've got a nice Caprotti Black 5 (meant to be 44756) that you might like.

P

• RMweb Premium

Modelling alert.........I have just drilled some holes in some Bedford sides for a D2406 Loose BCK. I even created my own hinge holes (steady.........).

That was so exhausting I'm having a rest now. Later I must ascend to the twilight zone to start to get the place ready for the CCE (I think I have until Friday to tidy up). 

Quackers.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1