SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Merco buckets matey. Both on the Seaton Branch you see, circa 1964/5. Available in any form RTR?

Phil

The old Lima class 117 can with very little work become a class 118. Most the work would be in cutting the brake off one of the Driving Motor Brake Seconds and adding some more seating bays to make a Diving Motor Second and a little bit of alteration to the headocde box. The Derby would need the same additional seating bays to its DMS and the cab roof altered plus the additional lights. Both would need their gangways removed and the resulting hole filled up. A nights work, then they sit in the box for years because they need repainting and have you tried getting that yellow lining on a suburban DMU neatly?

Or if very rich you could do similar conversions using the Dapol 121 and 122 units, just cut off the rear cab build up the end as well as the above.

Actually, Clive, the 118s were a bit nomadic in their early years and there was a significant presence of them at Reading.  Yes, I know that the humble dmu is regarded with not a little scorn by some readers of this thread but surely they are as entitled as the mighty kettle to be referred to accurately.

Chris

Hi Chris

I was being a little bit general, 117s were never common in teh west country where as 118s were seen more frequently.

If these are 118s, then they might be close enough to the 117s that Bachmann are going to produce, I believe?

Hi Tim

Our mate Duckie can wait for the Bachmann 117, from my understanding of the press release, if I can remember that far back, they are going to do a 116 and 118 as well but the London commuter sets are first but that won't stop every ex G*R branch line having one.

Not a WR unit but a LMR 127 I done years ago so I know what i am taking about with that yellow lining

post-16423-0-12999700-1517589017_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Our mate Duckie can wait for the Bachmann 117, from my understanding of the press release, if I can remember that far back, they are going to do a 116 and 118 as well but the London commuter sets are first but that won't stop every ex G*R branch line having one.

Per http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/129822-Bachmann-announcements-2018-full-list/ the Bachmann 117 is in the tooling room.

Don't think Bachmann have said anything about Classes 116 / 118 - they were to be part of the Kernow / DJM product which got cancelled when Kernow learned Bachmann were planning on a Class 117 / 121.

I could commission Clive to do me a convesrsion if he is feeling kind and has not been bitten by the horses.

P

or you could apply a large file and some Plastic Padding to the top of the Indicator boxes on a Bachmann 117?

(I can't do that as I need a 116 for the South Wales Valleys, look you)

Tim T

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Per http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/129822-Bachmann-announcements-2018-full-list/ the Bachmann 117 is in the tooling room.

Don't think Bachmann have said anything about Classes 116 / 118 - they were to be part of the Kernow / DJM product which got cancelled when Kernow learned Bachmann were planning on a Class 117 / 121.

That's were I read it. A 118 would be better for many ex G*R fans, but hey ho. As for a 116, once half of south Wales lost its railways they went all over the place, LMR, ER and ScR plus boundary changes meant the ones in Birmingham started to wander about a bit more. So why no 116?

• RMweb Premium

Have a butchers at the class 125 I started. A 125 is a 116 with a different engine, they were fitted with Rolls -Royce engines, I ask you Rolls engines for the East End of London? Ian Beal and a Rolls Royce?

Edit -forgot the link. :no:

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1

Telly Tubbies.

Po.

Thanks for that, I get an ear worm every time I come home after visiting my grandson, he strangely enjoys the programme !

Double Po  :jester:

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for that, I get an ear worm every time I come home after visiting my grandson, he strangely enjoys the programme !

Double Po  :jester:

This very sad, however I really enjoy seeing TellyTubbies. It is very relaxing IMO. So much kid's TV is loud, American, awful cartoon figures with huge eyes and silly shaped so called human bodies, and soooooooo loud. Bl##dy awful. Bah, humbug.

I'm off up The Junction to move some track around.

Phil 

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 4