RMweb

SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

I have tried limonene Vaughan. It has a reasonably pleasant orange smell and works pretty well on standard plastics. There are plenty of cheap supplies on eBay - give it a go. You have nothing to lose but the potential to save your hobby. The other interesting discovery i made recently was making buildings from MDF covered with embossed plastic card using "no more nails" Small details adxed with Roket card glue. No nasty smells there either.

• RMweb Premium

Make sure you have had yer tea before looking at this.

post-2326-0-00998400-1527428777_thumb.jpg

This is the message to say that it is a good idea to use Factor 50 and get any little 'non healing spots' checked.

Done on Friday, recovered this afternoon, hopefully stitches out on Friday afternoon.

Good excuse not to do anything strenuous.

More time to be annoying on here.

Phil

post-2326-0-00998400-1527428777_thumb.jpg

Thanks chaps, I will order some Limonene and see how I get on. Colin will also look your suggestion re buildings. The only problem I may have with that is MDF is also on the list of no-no's as the dust is very fine, so gets through many of the commercially available masks. May be able to use plywood or bass wood instead.

Cheers Vaughan

• RMweb Gold

I wonder if Bale will go to Anfield?

P

Judging by Klopp's reaction to Bales first goal it would not surprise me..However, I can see a few clubs showing an interest.

Hope you're recovering Ducky. The old bonce looks a bit sore but better to get it sorted.

Rob.

attachicon.gif20180527_133154.jpg

This is the message to say that it is a good idea to use Factor 50 and get any little 'non healing spots' checked.

Done on Friday, recovered this afternoon, hopefully stitches out on Friday afternoon.

Phil

WTF !

Crikey mate I certainly hope it heals up sooner than later. 

G

• RMweb Gold

Thanks chaps, I will order some Limonene and see how I get on. Colin will also look your suggestion re buildings. The only problem I may have with that is MDF is also on the list of no-no's as the dust is very fine, so gets through many of the commercially available masks. May be able to use plywood or bass wood instead.

Cheers Vaughan

Have a look at petite properties Vaughan. All main bits pre cut but still good value. On my thread you can see a cottage I made from one of their kits. No MDF cut at home.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Have a look at petite properties Vaughan. All main bits pre cut but still good value. On my thread you can see a cottage I made from one of their kits. No MDF cut at home.

They had a stand at Railex. The range will be expanded to include backs to the low relief fronts, currently available, which will make the range a lot more useful.

Phil

Ouch - hope you're better soon!

Phil

please look after your head wound!

... and don't show it again before the watershed

I.

They had a stand at Railex. The range will be expanded to include backs to the low relief fronts, currently available, which will make the range a lot more useful.

Thanks both, I know of them from SWMBO interest in dolls houses, so will give their railway range a look. Didn't go to Railex today as planned as it held too many distractions!!

Cheers Vaughan

• RMweb Premium

WTF !

Crikey mate I certainly hope it heals up sooner than later. 

G

They couldn't find my brain cell so had to tie hole up with a bit of string.

The actual 'nasty bit' was only about 5mm x 2mm but they had to cut out more just in case and to give them something to sew up. Don't know why they don't use a Soldering Iron and a bit of Superglue.

• RMweb Premium

Railway kit Colin? If so, what's the verdict?

Phil

The actual 'nasty bit' was only about 5mm x 2mm but they had to cut out more just in case and to give them something to sew up. Don't know why they don't use a Soldering Iron and a bit of Superglue.

Apparently they do use a medical grade superglue for holding awkward wounds together for healing. Eek.

• RMweb Premium

Can I take the stitches out? I use to enjoy doing that.

I am not sure if I have any photos of me in my nurses uniform despite being a nurse for 20 years.

I will have a rummage to see if I do have any. If I do next time the gang start posting pictures of pretty actresses dressed as nurses I will post one of me. Now that is a threat.

Can I take the stitches out? I use to enjoy doing that.

I am not sure if I have any photos of me in my nurses uniform despite being a nurse for 20 years.

I will have a rummage to see if I do have any. If I do next time the gang start posting pictures of pretty actresses dressed as nurses I will post one of me. Now that is a threat.

It may even appeal to somebody! :drag:

Brian.

• RMweb Gold

Railway kit Colin? If so, what's the verdict?

Phil

It was a 7mm railway kit and I enjoyed making it Phil. My preferred medium is plastic but these are really good value. You get the laser cut mdf main bits plus windows and other details in card. You just add the surface finish. PP advocate scribed DAS or plaster but I like embossed plastic card. I have a few more awaiting assembly. They are part kit part scratch aid really, and fairly priced on that basis.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/12950

• RMweb Premium

Cheers Vaughan

If you can't find Limonene, a very similar substance is Orange Terpene.

I've used if for the buildings on my DL layout - large areas of three laminated layers.

As already said, slower acting than MEK, Butanone etc, but that makes it better for large areas.

And it has a very pleasant smell. Generally looking at £6 for 250ml and £10 for 500ml.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

All I can say is good job Tony Wright went into teaching and not medicine!

Having seen surgeons cauterize a bleeding artery with a diathermy it isn't that much different to arc welding.  Zap and it is all over.

The funniest thing when I was in theaters as a student nurse, I suggested to one of the orthopedic surgeons that it might be a good idea to get the junior doctors to practice using hand tools like chisels (called ostoblast by surgeons)  and hand drills in the hospital workshop as when I was in engineering I use to treat metal with more care than they did living bone. He said "What a good idea". :yes: :yes:

• Like 2
  • Funny 1