SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Hi Bob

Brake 3rds looks like a diagram D1905 numbers 5517-5956 (built 1934-36), in this number range these coaches differed from the main types numbers 5517-5524 did not have duckets, 5792, 5812 and 5814 had air conditioning for the Coronation Scot, 5845-5868 were to diagram D1963 which only differed by being a "little lower" and 5844 had BR mk1 type trussing.

Composites there were three very similar diagrams which fit the Dapol model D1898 numbers 3864-3933 (built 1934) D1925 numbers 3934-4113 (built 1935-36) and D1969 numbers 4114-4329 (built 1937-40)

Open 3rds, Not having one of these and I cannot find an image on the interwebthingy, does your model have lavatories each end or at one end only? If both ends then it is a diagram D 1905 Numbers 8905-9029 (built 1933-34) 8931/50/61/93/96/9003/04/06/29 were converted to RTO for the Royal Scot in 1937. If the loos are at one end only then it could be a D1915  7 big windows and 1 small or a D1999 7 big windows only. D1915 numbers 9055-9434 (built 1935-37). D1999 numbers 9435-9516 (built 1938-9), more were built after the war but that is past your modelling period.

The full brake diagram D1854 numbers 30908-30963 (built 1932-34) or D2007 numbers 30964-31038 (built 1938-39), more were built during and after the war. 

Clive thanks for the info it's very kind of you to sort it out for me, I can now work out what I've got and number them correctly.

Notso Clooliss

• RMweb Premium

Blimey, that better than my layout that is, however I'd be reluctant to use it considering the lack of plumbing below seat level. Must be DDC thougn as I can see two wires.

Ar$£ (see what I did there/)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

On Fridaylast I spent several hours exploring the possibility of using LCut Creative parts for their Island Platform building (and some others) to recreate a version of the Down and Branch Platform Building at the Junction (circa 1960) and place an order by the website (so easy to use for me, a digital duffer). I was able to use the excellent parts diagram of the station kit available on the web site and then choose various parts from that as the buildings are quite different in many ways. I was not able to recreate certain features but careful planning enabled me to order a long list of parts and I believe that will create enough of what I want to see. Most of you will know that the roof on this building was really large and the building itself will be difficult to see unless (as Stubbers suggested abut another piece, I lay on the tracks. 

My reason for posting is that this was an 'unusual' order for many parts, not a 'kit'. The package arrived yesterday morning. Top rate customer service.

I shall probably have to scratch the roof though as it was not only quite large but also an 'unusual' shape.

Phil 

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

C.K. round 'ere they normally toss it over the back fence or throw on a wet door step.

Anyway Tim D a packet of what fags, biscuits, nose bags. ????? or are you on about that stripped beef can. Pah SR stuff.  :nono:     :jester:

• RMweb Premium

C.K. round 'ere they normally toss it over the back fence or throw on a wet door step.

Anyway Tim D a packet of what fags, biscuits, nose bags. ????? or are you on about that stripped beef can. Pah SR stuff.  :nono:     :jester:

dunno which one old chap... it's the Scotch one

Edited by Tim Dubya

Meanwhile, back at the remains of the junction, here's one of the canopy supports  .  .  .  .

post-11812-0-60715200-1526490252_thumb.jpg

There are 7 of these in total, the ones I measured being 6m apart.

The sides of the H-section are 150mm & the internal separation of the sides is 175mm.

Overall width of the column is 200mm, 

Note how the "inside" of the H is used to hold the downpipe carrying water from the central "valley" in the canopy as referred to by the observant duck in an earlier post.

More to follow, but not for a little while.

Edited by devonseasider

• RMweb Gold

Phil,

The photo has arrived, ta very much.

On clearing out the garage I found the baseplate for the building, which I have put in a safe place, somewhere.

Should be good to go soon.

• RMweb Premium

Meanwhile, back at the remains of the junction, here's one of the canopy supports  .  .  .  .

attachicon.gifDSCF0126a.JPG

The sides of the H-section are 150mm & the internal separation of the sides is 175mm.

Note how the "inside" of the H is used to hold the downpipe carrying water from the central "valley" in the canopy as referred to by the observant duck in an earlier post.

Oh joy and celebration; I love drainpipes in green.

Thank you dear boy.

Phillipussy

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

For a moment, I thought Yodel had just dumped it in one of the wheely bins around the back of the station.

You need one of these:

post-3868-0-76827400-1526548554.jpg

Edit: to resize the image

Edited by brushman47544

• RMweb Gold

I've been naughty again an old adversary posted on the Heljan 47xx thread I asked him to do something with his avatar before he frighten 

the children away, a few agrees from the gang would not go a miss.  :imsohappy:

• RMweb Premium

I've been naughty again an old adversary posted on the Heljan 47xx thread I asked him to do something with his avatar before he frighten 

the children away, a few agrees from the gang would not go a miss.  :imsohappy:

Oooohhhhh, that was a left jab to the goolies that was.

P

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifDSCF0126a.JPG

That one pic helps me select the Evergreen products I require. Brillo.

Phil

• Like 1

What bridge is that Tim ? I've seen it before but can't remember where. :blind:

Before 

post-20303-0-38710100-1526550487.jpg

And after

post-20303-0-11185300-1526550556_thumb.jpg

One of my extensive photographs taken during my survey of the whole station and surrounds.

The top print shows the skew bridge at Bath Spa in Brunels days which was replaced ( sadly ) by the second photograph in the early 1900's

And here's one I started earlier

post-20303-0-34288400-1526550781_thumb.jpg

G

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Before 

attachicon.gifIMG_1571.jpg

And after

attachicon.gifDSCF4460.jpg

One of my extensive photographs taken during my survey of the whole station and surrounds.

The top print shows the skew bridge at Bath Spa in Brunels days which was replaced ( sadly ) by the second photograph in the early 1900's

And here's one I started earlier

attachicon.gifIMG_2316.jpg

G

I was told that the original was laminated wood sections?

What bridge is that Tim ? I've seen it before but can't remember where. :blind:

Bath Spa Station, bridge over the River Avon