SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Don't be a Duck Egg my late old man used to say. No idea what he was on about. 

Tim Shackleton has a lot to answer for. I was watching some of his weathering techniques on DVD and lo, he weathers track with an air brush and Life Colour Acrylics and then cleans his AB with some special fluid and a special gismo pot. Shortly afterwards Duck has ordered said  paints, fluid and gismo pot. Ummm, must be the head injury?

Phil

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I should be doing some model making or train running but instead I am listening to the latest Half Man Half Biscuit LP. It is good, and it is called "No One Cares About Your Creative Hub so Get Your F**kin' Hedge Cut". Do have a listen it will put a smile on your boat race.

• RMweb Premium

I should be doing some model making or train running but instead I am listening to the latest Half Man Half Biscuit LP. It is good, and it is called "No One Cares About Your Creative Hub so Get Your F**kin' Hedge Cut". Do have a listen it will put a smile on your boat race.

Interesting. Hadn't realised they were still going.

• RMweb Gold

Interesting. Hadn't realised they were still going.

Still an annual event. Cambridge won this year. Edited by colin penfold

I had to go to Scotland for three days to scatter my mum's ashes, which was sad.  But I also got to ride behind a class 68 from Thornton to Edinburgh with my head out of the vestibule window and enjoy some proper diesel thrash, just like the old days, which was nice.

Isn't life strange.

For those not in the know, this is what a 68 sounds like - yum

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I had to go to Scotland for three days to scatter my mum's ashes, which was sad.  But I also got to ride behind a class 68 from Thornton to Edinburgh with my head out of the vestibule window and enjoy some proper diesel thrash, just like the old days, which was nice.

Isn't life strange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WZZjXgJ4W8&list=PL327275551CFCF678&index=4

Bless you Fritters.

Phil

• RMweb Premium

Isn't life strange.

Doesn't quite give that sense of power without emitting a thick black exhaust.

• RMweb Premium

...and something a little less poignant....I mjust love the guitar riff intro to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAYOAHz-N08

Phil

The only decent ELO single but then it was written by Roy Wood, not Jeff Lynne. And the original sounds a wee better as Roy couldn't really play the cello that well.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Dark Side alert. For some strange reason I am going to the Dark Side in Doncaster tomorrow. Spookily the venue is the Dome (see what I managed to do there?)

Do not expect some sort of Road to Emmaus event though as I do not have the resources to cope with that sort of big stuff. 

However, I expect I shall be annoying loads of people by asking them if their trains etc. are big because they are really close. My Guard is going too and my ankle tag is activated so all should be well.

Shifty Geezer 

• Like 1

Isn't life strange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwjNVDSHKCo

Aw! The poor wee thing sounds like it is being thrashed with all that noise and not a lot of forward speed

Tim T

Aw! The poor wee thing sounds like it is being thrashed with all that noise and not a lot of forward speed

Tim T

With six mark 2s in tow around the Fife Circle they take off like a rocket... all that thrash is a big old 16 cylinder diesel working hard.  Nowt like it since the good old days of Westerns and Deltics...

• RMweb Premium

Dark Side alert. For some strange reason I am going to the Dark Side in Doncaster tomorrow. Spookily the venue is the Dome (see what I managed to do there?)

Do not expect some sort of Road to Emmaus event though as I do not have the resources to cope with that sort of big stuff. 

However, I expect I shall be annoying loads of people by asking them if their trains etc. are big because they are really close. My Guard is going too and my ankle tag is activated so all should be well.

Shifty Geezer

I might have gone Quakers but I'm helping out operate at the DEMU show in Burton. I know, me doing diesels!

• RMweb Gold

I might have gone Quakers but I'm helping out operate at the DEMU show in Burton. I know, me doing diesels!

Will you be taking your highly recommended diesel recognition chart.

Edited by gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

I'm sure Mark will come to appreciate the simplicity of the 2ManySpams system and realise he's been over complicating things to date.

Agreed.

I don't think Mark will need it.

Definitely his loss!

Will you be taking your highly recommended diesel recognition chart.

I shall be handing out copies to the other DEMU exhibits.

• RMweb Gold

I shall be handing out copies to the other DEMU exhibits.

I shall not be there. I cannot go as I am busy doing something else and it's too far, even though it's very big.

And I'm not a banana.

I would like a B4, but have I left it too late to order a blue one?