SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

So Mullard decides it has no pric# to mess it up. So what's up then I arsks meself? Back on the test runs around the layout it goes and seems OK. Then I see what happens at one particular facing crossover (with two DCC 80s attached to the points). A drop in Amps  from 0.57 to 0.45 as it hits the main line point (why?) and then a leap to 1.6 Amps on leaving the point (why?). When it took the crossover from point to point into the station platform loop, it worked OK with little change in Ampage. I shall try another loco over the same routes in a while. At other places with similar cross overs/DCC 80s working there is no problem The mystery continues as I have not changed this particular cross over in any way since the mains and loops were laid. Hey ho.

The new Maunsell Restaurant First is superbio and looks the dog's bo##ocks in one of the big expresses.

Such fun.

Ar$£

• RMweb Premium

Are you using the point blades for electrical contact - could they (or the main rails) be 'dirty' ?

Thanks Stu. Points are 'modified' as per Peco advice so this should not be the problem, however i shall give them a wash and brush up as I suspect dust from roofing work may be present if not visible. 

P

Thanks Stu. Points are 'modified' as per Peco advice so this should not be the problem, however i shall give them a wash and brush up as I suspect dust from roofing work may be present if not visible. 

P

I think you may well get better running qualities by modifying the points as per Stu's suggestion, its always been the first thing I've done straight out of the box when I used them.

Very rare to get a problem when the rails are bonded and the links are cut underneath.

Hope all works better when they're done matey.

G

p.s. nice weather fer ducks eh !

• RMweb Premium

So Mullard decides it has no pric# to mess it up. So what's up then I arsks meself? Back on the test runs around the layout it goes and seems OK. Then I see what happens at one particular facing crossover (with two DCC 80s attached to the points). A drop in Amps  from 0.57 to 0.45 as it hits the main line point (why?) and then a leap to 1.6 Amps on leaving the point (why?). When it took the crossover from point to point into the station platform loop, it worked OK with little change in Ampage. I shall try another loco over the same routes in a while. At other places with similar cross overs/DCC 80s working there is no problem The mystery continues as I have not changed this particular cross over in any way since the mains and loops were laid. Hey ho.

The new Maunsell Restaurant First is superbio and looks the dog's bo##ocks in one of the big expresses.

Such fun.

Ar$£

Dear Mr Duck

Are these the same points that were playing up when I came to play?

Are your point motors still sitting on the floor plan of the station building?

If the answer is yes to both these questions may I make a suggestion?

• RMweb Premium

Dear Mr Duck

Are these the same points that were playing up when I came to play?

Are your point motors still sitting on the floor plan of the station building?

If the answer is yes to both these questions may I make a suggestion?

The suggestion is .........................why not come to middle of nowhere Lincolnshire and see what a mess I can make of driving toy trains. In fact you can join in the fun with Dodgy Control, none of that extra C malarkey here. No ladders to climb, and no roof struts to bang your head on. 

This offer is also open to you other regular trouble makers on Phil's thread.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

I think you may well get better running qualities by modifying the points as per Stu's suggestion, its always been the first thing I've done straight out of the box when I used them.

Very rare to get a problem when the rails are bonded and the links are cut underneath.

Hope all works better when they're done matey.

G

p.s. nice weather fer ducks eh !

That is wot I have dunded with them and it were me wot mentioned it my dear heart. I love a bit of bondage pointwork.

They is not the same ones and now they are menderated. I unplugged the main line DCC80 and lo, no problems. WTF that was all about I dunno. Even Mullard works like a smooth thing. I am, for a change, pleased as a pleased thing on a very pleasing day. 

The point motors (nice, shiny blue Cobalts) are still decorating the mess around Stu's bit of ply. Not fitting they yet mmy luvvers.

I fancy a day out in Lincs; thank you Morty. Do I need a Passport?

Phart

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

That is wot I have dunded with them and it were me wot mentioned it my dear heart. I love a bit of bondage pointwork.

They is not the same ones and now they are menderated. I unplugged the main line DCC80 and lo, no problems. WTF that was all about I dunno. Even Mullard works like a smooth thing. I am, for a change, pleased as a pleased thing on a very pleasing day. 

The point motors (nice, shiny blue Cobalts) are still decorating the mess around Stu's bit of ply. Not fitting they yet mmy luvvers.

I fancy a day out in Lincs; thank you Morty. Do I need a Passport?

Phart

Hi Phil

No passport needed if you sneak in the back way around Gainsborough. I am not going anywhere so you are welcomed any day.

Glad to here the steam version of the HST is feeling better.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Phil

No passport needed if you sneak in the back way around Gainsborough. I am not going anywhere so you are welcomed any day.

Glad to here the steam version of the HST is feeling better.

Not entirely sure that Mr Gainsborough would be happy with someone sneaking around his back way, especially when he was painting a toff or two.

Rob

Edited by NHY 581

• RMweb Premium

The suggestion is .........................why not come to middle of nowhere Lincolnshire and see what a mess I can make of driving toy trains. In fact you can join in the fun with Dodgy Control, none of that extra C malarkey here. No ladders to climb, and no roof struts to bang your head on. 

This offer is also open to you other regular trouble makers on Phil's thread.

Only if you play some decent music...

• RMweb Premium

Only if you play some decent music...

Hi John

When entertaining guest I am polite enough to not have the TV blaring away or my music playing. Unless during the conversation we start to discuss music and then I will play what we have been discussing.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi John

When entertaining guest I am polite enough to not have the TV blaring away or my music playing. Unless during the conversation we start to discuss music and then I will play what we have been discussing.

Visitors - You have been warned.....